JG Wentworth / them in general

JG Wentworth will go down some day. They are preditors. I cant wait to get a letter in the mail asking if I want to be part of a class action suit agenst them. I will jump right in. They are rude every time I call. Im stuck for another 13 years. I have to call on the 7th to get my check each month on time. I have gotten the run around for years. They call all of the time, they send letter after letter trying to get me to give up more money. Im told that they are my problem now. I think I will write to CNN next. If anyone knows a way out, please let me know ASAP at alldunn71@aol.com I dont think the lawyers have the stones to take them on. JJ

Jj

Comments

29th of Apr, 2010

Falling for a cheesy commercial when it is presented on the phone over and over to a woman with diminished thought processes is understandable. In 1980 Kate survived a head on car accident with a drunk driver, Kates head injuries were severe. her suit was won because she would have a lifetime of struggle from her head injuries. After a lot of thought and planning, a structured settlement was set up for Kathryn to have a lifetime income starting in May 1987. Kate has been receiving payments monthly for income. We wondered why she never had enough money to do anything extra. We were relieved that it wasn't a drug habit as we had suspected when we recently discovered that JG Wentworth convinced Kate in August 1996 to take part of her settlement out of Liberty Mutual. This decision has reduced her income substantially leaving her only able to afford a studio apartment, no transportation and with very little spending money. JG Wentworth with its exorbitant interest rates. has received $416, 000.00 from her repayments.for the $152, 300.00 which Kate took out of her life income. Due to her physical and mental diminishment caused by a head injury in the car accident in 1980( in which her mother was killed, ) Kate is not competent to reorganize the carefully thought out dispensation from Liberty Mutual. She is in no way competent to make major decisions regarding the dispensation of that money. She was a victim and led astray. Kate does not have employment and she may never be employed because of her deficiencies. We want her to feel capable and responsible. That is the way we want her to feel, but she is not able to be responsible for making any life changing decisions such as the contract that JG Wentworth made with her. She told us that JG Wentworth called her once or twice a day to entice her to withdraw in lump sums, her lifetime income. She was coerced give in and agree to take the money. All to late, we now have heard that those repeated phone calls began each time that a contract with JG Wentworth was completed. They convinced her to take out another loan, at least three or more times. There should be a law that prohibits companies like JG Wentworth from preying on people with diminished mental development. How could a person with limited judgment and reasoning be allowed to make such a monumental decision?

She will not be out from under JG Wentworth until 2013. Is there any recourse?

• St
      3rd of Nov, 2010

Ever get a song stuck in your head at night when you want to sleep, and you just cant shake it... well, the new commercial with the 877-cash now song, all the tenors sopranos and baratones singing If you have an annuity and you need cash, now, call J G Wentworth 877 CASH NOW, 877 CASH NOW !!! a r g h ... wish I knew who to call to get the explative deleted commercial pulled, and then there is " It's My Money, and I want it NOW !! over and frakin over again.. obnoxious...

• Jl
      1st of Dec, 2010

They have horrible customer service. I have been trying to get my monthly check and they talk over top of me and they finally told me to quit calling and hung up on me.

• Da
      12th of Dec, 2010

Your complaint makes absolutely no sense. You have no details, no explanation of what your problem actually is. Despite this you are making a post to this website to vent. Based on your refusal to give any real information about your problem, I am left to assume that you made a bad decision. In my experience, people who do a lot of complaining are victims only to their own greed and stupidity. You didn't read the fine print, to didn't pay attention to details, and let both your greed and laziness make all your decisions for you.

The worst part is that you cannot even come up with a decent lie to cover up your mistake. Now you've let your frustration at your personal failure get the better of you. The result is that you just had to come on here and tell the entire world about how you screwed yourself over. Congratulations.

• Jb
      8th of Jan, 2011

I agree with Dan Cooper, people should really read and not be lazy, unfortunate people don't do that, I think if they where that bad that the BBB would have closed them down, I thought for a second about using them, but, NO way...

READ...the fine PRINT... people

• Ke
      5th of Oct, 2011

i think someone need to start this lawsuit we are people too. we are getting our annuity checks on the 7th and late paying bills but everytime its they fault we suffer i wish i never dealt with these people

• Us
      14th of Dec, 2011

Hi, we are U.S. Settlement Funding. And we have discovered that MANY people have been ripped off by J.G. Wentworth. The reason is, they charge you for the court costs, attorney fees, overhead, and more costs that you don't find out until after you recieve your check and are disappointed. Here at U.S. Settlement Funding we pride ourselves in giving our clients THE BEST rates possible, as a smaller company we are able to give 2 to 3 times the amount to our clients compared to our competitors. We can also purchase life contingent payments or payments that are decades in the future. Give us a call today for a hassle-free quote! 8886976446

• Jd
      5th of Sep, 2012

U.S. Settlement funding your information is completely misleading and inaccurate. JG wentworth only provides NET offers to their clients and any deductions from the final price would have been from a cash advance or a check they have already received from their insurance company. Before you decide to slander a company with an A+ rating on the better business bureau you should get your facts straight.