Jewelry Television / RIP OFF ARTIST

1 Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-619-5000

JEWELRY TELEVISION IS GOING DOWNHILL FAST!! This company has gotten so bad in the last year I hope they go under! I have shopped with this company for 6+ yrs and have just now gotten to know how much of a rip off co. they are. Sure during my time shopping with them, there were problems, as you would expect in any business, but most were taken care of. I always knew their stuff was not top or even med. quality, but affordable. You never receive the item shown that's their show piece. I ordered what they described as a very nice blue tanzie, yea---IT WAS WHITE. They send out watches with dead batteries and if you are lucky to get one with a working battery it dies in a few weeks! Also, their auction site is a rip off too. I won an auction for a necklace and was waiting for it to arrive, , never did, checked the status, cancelled. HMM I did not cancel it, My bank did not cancel it, had plenty of money!! I called the rep. said you card did not go thur, sorry I said thats not possible, I just talked to my bank they never declined anything and besides I have plenty in there to cover this cost at least 7x's over. Well its not our fault! It's not mine either. So I offered to send a copy of my statement showing that indeed the money was and is avail. Was told NO. I asked if they would be willing to offer me a compairable item of the one I won for the same bid. NO!~! How rude. Later I found out that the item I won was aired right around the auction time and it sold out!! HMM did they take my item and made sure they got that higher price? You bet your azz they did. Also, ordered another item, got my order in, got my conformation no. and was waiting, waiting, ERR!! again cancelled, THIS TIME I was told the item was mistagged, then she said oh no it was sold out!! duh, how did I place my order, get a conformation no and recpt. and that item was already sold out? Anyway, things just keep getting worst. I e-mailed the owner MR. TIM MATTHEWS, , , hmm nice guy, , , NEVER HEARD FROM HIM!!! guess now its time to find a real shopping network. I have plenty or more things to tell you about their so called good deals, next time..

Comments

• Ar
      8th of May, 2009

I've experienced EXACTLY the same thing from JTV. I really think their customer service attitude is going to take them down. They arbitrarily cancel orders without notifying the customer (because they either can't find or sell out of an item), then won't substitute another item when asked. They seem to have problems locating some items in their warehouse, and then just cancel an order you've been waiting on for weeks. The Customer Care reps I've spoken to are not helpful, and a couple have even been rude. They cancel orders, but don't tell you until you take the initiative to follow up with them. To add to the issue, they've been sitting on my payment for weeks and still haven't refunded! Next step is credit dispute with them. Too much of a pain to deal with this company any more!

• Ro
      26th of May, 2009

I ordered a 1 carat Tanz. round and was sent a cloudy marque.
    I also bought into the parcel mix, no fakes, no fos, no lab created gem stones. The largest stone that I received in what they call their Dream parcel was about a 1 carat Garnet. It was lab created. I am not a gemologist but they sent a gemstone book along as part of the parcel. I knew that the stone looked as though it had lines in it. I got to see by the book what a good quality garnet looked like and I knew that something was wrong. I also received a gemstone d.v.d and watched it. The d.v.d. offered up some telling information. It had a small part on lab created stones and that straight lines in a gem is called banding and that it could only be lab created to have such perfect straight lines. I was very very upset. I had already dumped all my stones together and had no way of sending back the gems for a refund. I was very disappointed!! I also bought a watch that was the poorest material I shipped it back and wrote on the box that it was junk material. I have bought quite a few items in a very short time and to be honest I haven't been 100% happy with any of it!!
    They have showed some really beautiful diamond rings but I am so afraid that the stones will be heavily included or have carbon deposits. I don't know much about gems (a little about diamonds) but I can at least tell by the inclusions that the stones have in them that they are not much. I guess I should just give up. I just don't trust them. I know they are running a business and have to make money but they say that the reason they are able to bring us great deals is because they have such "GREAT BUYING POWER". I just wished I could have gotten what was shown on T.V. and even their "one only's" are not what you may get because I have watched closely and they say they only have one only of an item and 2 days later I see the exact same product be presented. I also write down the item numbers of all the things I would like to buy and they are duplicates. I guess the old adage is true, "If it seems to good to be true it probably is".

• M7
      1st of Jun, 2009

Never buy retail for gems, go to your diamond district and buy your jewelry by weight!

• Pe
      30th of Oct, 2009

Hey guys, JTV is still up to no good! I won an auction item, was waiting, checked online, they cancelled it. I called was told the item 3ct ruby was to damaged to send out and that was the only one up for auction. I ask the rep. why it took 12 days for someone to notice that one stone was so damaged? HA, they mail out defected stuff all the time, but this was a ruby 3ct. won for 26$ plus the 6.99 s/h. Lies, Lies and more Lies...you know they were not about to mail that ruby. The picture looked ok, hmm guess they can put up any picture they want...jerks

• M7
      30th of Oct, 2009

They do the same thing on ebay!

• Bk
      21st of Dec, 2010

Thank you, one and all. I was so impressed with the stones I've seen ON TV that I was actually contemplating buying some, just yesterday, but something kept stopping me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your comments, you all saved me a bunch of time and aggravation!