Jewelmint / Fraudulent charges

120 broadway, Santa Monica, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (888) 258-3339

Their business model is based on theft and fraud. I purchased a single item of jewelry from their site. Only AFTER the purchase was made did I find out that I was automatically obligated to pay $30/month for membership. I promptly closed the account and cancelled the membership (which I received confirmation of from Erica J on 2/18/12).

I have now found repeated charges in March and April that were not authorized after confirmation of cancellation.

DO NOT BUY OR ATTEMPT TO TRY ANYTHING AT THIS COMPANY! Consider yourself warned.

Comments

• Di
      26th of Jun, 2012

I've been a member withe Jewelmint.com for like 6 monthes and it's clear it's a membership based company in all of their terms and conditions. Moreover, if you want to cancel, theey will do so via live chat in minutes. I have my account still and accidentally opened a second via a facebook purchase, so I cancelled theat account right away after getting my items in thee mail and have never been charged again. Also, if you want to stay a member and NOT get charged each monthe, all you have to do is go to your account and choose to "skip" theat monthe before thee 5the of any monthe and theey won't charge you at all. You can even manually make a purchase later if you change your mind and want sometheing theat monthe. Yes, I agree theat many times sites like theis are not completely clear in theeir "terms" but you have to read theings and put in some due diligence when making purchases online or you will have issues.