Jetstar / long delays with refunds despite the cancellation being caused by jetstar's rescheduling
Refund still not received 2 months after a cancellation made due to a change of Jetstar's schedule.
Timeline of my dealings with Jetstar
11/9/2008 - booked a flight on Jetstar Asia online
26/9/2008 - received email notification that the flight time had been moved from 16:35 to 21:20 resulting in me being unable to make a connecting flight on Qantas.
26/9/2008 - rang Jetstar Melbourne and cancelled the flight as they had no other alternatives that would allow me to make my connecting flight. Asked for a refund. Advised the refund would take 8-12 weeks
17/11/2008 - rang Jetstar in Melbourne to follow up and they agreed to fast track the refund and promised a refund within 7 days.
24/11/2008 - rang Jetstar in Melbourne only to find that no refund had been made or requested. Advised they had submitted another fast track.
26/11/2008 - rang Jetstar in Melbourne to double check that the fast track promised had been processed. Jetstar advised for the first time that I would need to speak to Jetstar in Singapore as they processed all refunds.
26/11/2008 - rang Jetstar in Singapore who advised that the refund would take 8-12 weeks from the time I made this call as all previous correspondence had been with Jetstar in Melbourne who failed to pass any information on to Singapore. Jetstar agreed to process the refund within 6 weeks.
More Jetstar Complaints & Reviews
- Jetstar Airways - my nightmare with jetstar 
- Jetstar - extra baggage policy 
- Jetstar - the jetstar customer care team 
- Jetstar - another unhappy customer 
- Jetstar - obtaining money thru deception (allegedly) 
- Jetstar Airways - airline staff service 
- Jetstar Airways - Service complaint
- Jetstar Airways - change of booking
- Jetstar Airways - incorrect booking change
- Jetstar Airways - cancelled flight jq561