Jetstar Airways / cancellations and delay, attitude of staff

1 Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia

My first complaint is for mn and his girlfriend who were due to fly out of Christchurch on JQ 172 to Melbourne .
Booking reference SLSP6U
They recieved an e mail to say that their flight had been cancelled the next day.
They were supposed to fly direct to Melbourne at 0600 and instead they did not fly until 1400 and that was to Auckland where the had to wait a further four hours.
At no time was food offered or vouchers for food which I find to be such appalling customer service.
Once they finally arrived in Melbourne they then had a three and a half hour drive to Warrnambool so did not get home until 0400 and they had commitments on that day so could not get a great deal of sleep
I just find your total lack of care unbelievable as if you can just disturb peoples lives at a whim
I have heard many people say they refuse to fly Jetstar and would rather pay the extra, I now know why after my sons and my experience
I was booked on JQ43 Melbourne to Denpasar on Thursday July 19th at 0915. The day before I received an e mail to say my flight had been delayed and would not now leave until 1500
I had already booked a hotel for the night before and could not cancel it so that was wasted money.
I also lost a day in Bali which I wanted on my own before family arrived so that was also a waste of money thanks to Jetstar
I prepaid for a snack/meal, it was inedible. Soggy lukewarm chicken Schnitzel and soggy potatoes. I am by no means a fussy eater and have never not eaten a plane meal but this defeated even me, your chefs should bow their heads in shame and to think I paid for it!!
Jetstar has the worst service yet you are expected to pay for all the extras which on other carriers are part of the fare, even your luggage allowance is less.
Now onto my return trip.
I was booked on a return flight to Melbourne on August 4th at 1450.
Booking reference JJVHGK
Unfortunately at the hotel my taxi did not arrive on time and the traffic was extremely busy. I arrived at the airport with a little time to spare but then had to join a long queue to pass through security. By the time I got to the Jetstar counter check in had closed approximately ten minutes earlier.
I realise you have your conditions and rules but your staff could not have cared less and were cold and unsympathetic. I was crying and shaking and at a loss as to what to do but no advice was forthcoming besides there is a business class seat later on or you can fly tomorrow.
I cannot afford Business class and I stood there at a loss as to how to proceed and they offered no help just resumed talking
I am a 59 year old woman travelling alone stuck in an airport with no idea as to how to proceed.It was horrific and a terrible end to my holiday
I eventually had to go to the domestic terminal and purchase another $650 ticket withAir Malindo later that night. I did get a meal included on that flight that i did not have to pay for and it was very edible. Also the leg room was much better than on Jetstar although I had paid extra for extra leg room on the flight I missed. Well I missed check in, there was still almost an hour until the flight departed.
I find your customer relations just dreadful and just cannot believe how poorly you feel you can treat people and disrupt their travel plans at a moments notice.
Since returning from my holiday and relating both my sons and my stories I have been regaled with so many Jetstar disasters and lack of service that I really dont know how you can be proud of such a business
I hope to get some compensation for all of this for both my son and myself
Did someone else fill my empty seat on my return flight?
Looking forward to hearing some explanations on poor service, food and attitudes
Bettina Wallace