Jet Airways / jet airways has not refunded my claim for lost baggage.

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I and my daughter travelled from New York to Brussel to New Delhi to Brussel to New York - Flt :229 on 1 July 2008. My baggage containing goods worth USD 3000.00 was lost in the route from New York to Brussel to New Delhi.
My baggage contended new shoes, jackets and other expensive presents for my father, mother, brothers and sisters in Bhutan after 8 years of my stay here in New York. My baggage originated from New York and not from other third countries. They offerred to refund only Rs.22, 000 which is not acceptable. I was also instructed to submit the receipts which I did. Now the email address baggageservicesdel@jetairways.com has been closed and I can not contact them. Please help

Kf

Comments

• Ki
      15th of Jul, 2009

Hello, I have the same problem. I DIDN'T BACK NOTHING. At least you got some feedback, but I only got the feedback saying they are investing and as soon as the investing would be done they would contact me. But I never got any respond, not from the claiming email address from Bombay-- baggageservicesbom@jetairways.com, neither from Ahmadabad. When me and my mother, got to the Bombay airport from London, the employees at the counter told us that they were missing our bag. Because United Airline didn't transfer our luggage. If it wasn't transfer, it would have been all four bags, but instead it was only one bag which contained all our golden and silver jewelries, perfumes, cosmetics, and expensive wedding clothes. The next day morning, Jet Airways Employee called me to give them the combination to open the bag for the custom department to check the bag, with the guaranty nothing would be missing from the bag and if something would be missing Jet Air Ways will be responsible and will pay me the full amount. When I got my bag, it was broken, the combination lock was broken, the bag was cut with the blade and all my expensive items that I mention above were missing. It was worth over $2000 U.S. Dollar. So I called Bombay branch to ask why it was broken and items were missing. But INSTEAD OF HELPING their employees LAUGHED AT ME ON THE PHONE AND MADE FUN OF ME and tried to Hang up but the line wasn't disconnected so I was able to here them SAYING OH SHE WAS THE SILLY GIRL CALLING FROM GUJARAT who gave us the combination THEN ALSO WE BROKE HER BAG AND GOT THE JEWELRIES, PERFUMES, COSMETICS AND THE CLOTHES. SHE IS FROM GUJARAT AND SHE IS NOT GOING TO COME HERE DON’T WORRY ABOUT HER. THIS EVENT OCCURRED TWO MONTH AGO ON MAY 16TH2009 and I HAVEN’T ANY REPONSE FROM THE AIRLINECOMPANY.
    IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME.?

I AM SO FRUSTRATED THAT I WOULD SUGGEST PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING INDIA DON'T GO IN JET AIRLINES, THERE SERVICES ARE OK, BUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AT THE BOMBAY IN THE BAGGAGE DEPARTMENT ARE FRAUD. ESPECIALLY, WHO ARE GOING TO GUJARAT DON'T GO HOME BY JET AIRWAYS OR AIRLINES.
    I WOULD POST THE IMAGE OF THE BAG AS SOON AS I GET MY CAMERA FROM MY DAD.

• Ry
      26th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree with the experiences of others. Unfortunately I have travelled in Jet airways from JFK to Chennai and returned to JFK. It was a stright flight with a stopover in Brussels. I have handed over TWO bags in Chennai but didn't find ONE bag in JFK. The missing bag has expensive items. At least in my case a gentleman Mr. Marcos in JFK airport baggage services is responding when I call him to know the status. It about one month now and I don't know when my claim will be resolved. I have E sent an E mail to my travel agency and they have forwarded that E mail to Jetairways. After that they are at least responding.

• Pa
      5th of Nov, 2010

It's my kind request to all that don't travel to India by Jet Airways . It's one of the most worst air company in this world. All employees of jet airways are fraud, thief, UN socialized . They have master plans to Disappear your every thing .

• Di
      5th of Dec, 2010

I was traveling to HYD from IAD (United) on 22nd November 2010, connecting through DXB (Jet). I had one piece of checked-in luggage, which had a TSA-approved Lewis Clark Belle Hop number pad lock (white with multi-coloured polka dots).

Upon my arrival in HYD, my checked-in bag was missing and I filed a report with Jet Airways. Throughout the course, the JA representative claimed he did not have any reliable information about the whereabouts of my bag. On 26th November, he informed me that his colleague at Jet Airways Dubai had emailed him saying that my bag had never arrived in Dubai. This despite the fact that I, as the passenger had personally identified my bag before it was loaded at IAD.
    I also learnt from United Airlines that my bag in fact, did make it to Dubai on 23rd November, and the procedure was that Jet Airways need to sign for the release of my bag from United Airlines. After an altercation with JA representative on 26th November, when I threatened legal action, I received a call on 27th November from Jet Airways that my bag has arrived in HYD.

I went to the airport on 28th November to collect my bag, and I noticed that the white lock on my bag wasn't there. In its place was a yellow plastic cable tie, that another Jet Airways representative claimed was put there by Jet Airways. I opened my bag with JA representative as my witness and I noticed that a perfume bottle worth $60 (INR 2, 246) was missing. I have full receipts of the stolen item. The representative tried to tell me that perhaps the lock was cut open in IAD by the Travel Security Administration (TSA) agents when it was screened. But that cannot be true, because of the following reasons:
    1. The lock was TSA-approved, meaning TSA has a master key to open such locks
    2. On the rare occasion that TSA breaks a lock, they include an inspection notice and place the broken lock in the bag. I didn't find any of these in my bag

The representative however was not able to explain, how my property could have been stolen from my bag.

Due to Jet Airways irresponsibility and unprofessionalism that I personally witnessed, I have every reason to believe that my bag was tampered with, and the above said item removed without my consent.
    I will be taking this up with my lawyer, thank you for nothing Jet Airways!!