Jet Airways - India / Fare related issues

1 India Review updated:

I bought a ticket for travel on 28 Nov 2006. I had to cancel this ticket then due to sudden emergencies. I was told that the ticket is in O&V category and I will loose INR 500 towards converting the ticket for use before 2nd Oct 2007. I contacted them now for a ticket for travel on 25th Aug 2007. While the telecon confirmed the availability of a lower fare, I was surprised when I went to get the ticket from the city office. Now the fare available for travel on the date is lower than the earlier fare. Jet says that this cannot be taken and I have to pay higher fare. One service manager called to clarify the position and said that the old ticket can get only a refund of tax only. My husband was made to wait for over an hour and told that the matter needed a senior person to resolve.

Jet airways is making money out of consumers just issuing tickets which are loaded with internal rules, which a passenger can never understand.

It is pathetic for the passengers when they plan to travel and the airline has convenient new rules.

Comments

27th of Apr, 2010

Jet is well known for its cheap business tactics in making money. I had one such situation where my confirmed tickets were canceled taking advantage of the volcanic ash situation and the same were sold at 8 times the price online, . Such a shame.