Jessica / Promo Models SCAM

United States, California, San Diego Review updated:
San Diego
Hi there,

If you have been scammed by promo models
please join us at www.myspace.com/promomodelsscam

although this is great way to organize models who have been scammed by promo models, we need to take further actions.

I would like for us to file a lawsuit with small clam if some models have not already.
I noticed that after talking to several models, the company is not taking any of us seriously because no one has yet brought them to court. So to them we are just a bunch of loud models making noise with no action. Therefore they continue their business, still sending out jobs as if we don't exist.

I remember when I spoke to Lucas (THE OWNER, who claims does not work for them, BIG LIE), he mentioned that it was pointless to sue the company because it was going to cost "us" the models too much, therefore it wasn't going to be worth it. But I think it's a way for him to scare the models. The cost of filing a small claim lawsuit is close to nothing (less then $30), and the cost you pay is reimbursed at the end of the trial.

So again, if everyone here is serious about getting their money back or at least taking this company down, we need to do more then just make noise, we need to take action.

If you are interested, join us at www.myspace.com/promomodelsscam. we all need to file at the BBB office for an investigation, bring as many models as possible to file a small claim and to also report them in the FBI scam report for further investigations.

I am also looking into contacting Turko File of KUSI news but I need as many models as possible in order to have a good case. So please save all of your booking emails, date, time, client info etc..

A  12th of Feb, 2009 by
Hi there. I am Victoria. I was also SCAMMED by Promo Models here in Orlando, FL. I also know of 7 Girls and One guy in the Same Boat here in Orlando. Let's do something about this ASAP. This is Unfair to us all. www.myspace.com/officialmissvictorialeigh
A  28th of Mar, 2009 by
Hi there!

I'm organizing a class action lawsuit against PromoModels.com and I need your help! I've spoken with an attorney and the process has already begun. If you or anyone you know has worked for Promomodels.com and not been paid, please send me your information as soon as possible! Then pass the word along to all of your friends. Tell people about this company, don't let anyone else get screwed! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.

Thank you!

Jenni Rogers

Fill out the information below (as much as possible) and email it to: rogers.jenni@gmail.com

Necessary Information:
- Dates worked
- Total hours worked
- Pay per hour
- Total pay
- Where you live
- Where event was held

Additional Information:
- Type of event (brief description)
- Client name (or company)
- Who you spoke with at Promomodels.com to book event
- Attach any contracts you still have
- List any attempts you made to get them to pay you (emails, phone calls, etc.)
N  13th of May, 2009 by
Hi, my name is Jessica and I was also scammed!
A  13th of May, 2009 by
I would like to participate in this law suit.
A  26th of May, 2009 by
same here, my name is Natalia, i want to join you girls in your law suit, i'm from Boston, total pay owened 900$
A  26th of May, 2009 by
I would like to join as well. My name is Ashra Miner from Houston, TX. They owe me $800. I even have a voicemail saved on my cell phone from "Kelly Miller" as well as all the e-mails and downloads they sent me for both events. ashraminer@gmail.com or A923cat@gmail.com
A  22nd of Jun, 2009 by
I agree http://www.promomodels.com is a big scam! Please lets all stick together and make sure this business does not hurt anyone else. We need to post everywhere we can, post on /link removed/ and any other website you can! We need to make sure we get the word out about Promo Models to ensure nobody else gets suckered by them!
A  7th of Jul, 2009 by
Hi all, I’m talking about http://www.promomodels.com/, if you live in MA and work has been done in Boston, and still didn't get paid, please send me a message, I have a lawyer who will be taking care of our case, I only need to get girls together.
Models who worked for them in Miami got their money through law suite
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I found some more information, seems they also run www.OnPointMarketing.com

A few news stations have done stories about them and here is the latest one I could find, seems they have gone out of business and underground.

A  6th of Nov, 2009 by
Las vegas market has been hit big by promomodels scam Huge lawsuitmpending
A  18th of Feb, 2010 by
Promo Models is still at it, using this Mail Boxes Etc box: 3639 Midway Drive, Suite B, #216, San Diego, CA 92110. Our company hired a model for a trade show and pre-paid for this service. Model did not show. (no wonder). Phone number /phone number removed/ says "this number not accepting messages". Contact Emily "Smith". Probably an Alias.

Note: They insisted I make out check to The Agency Inc and NOT (all caps, bold, & italic on the contract) Promo Models. I assume they are trying to hide money in another bank account, so I offer this information for the lawyers.

Anyone who wants a copy of the client contract, please email me at meira @ bellatm dot com.
A  21st of Apr, 2010 by
I've been scamed as well, worked for them 2 years ago and never got paid!!! What do we have to do to get our money back???
N  4th of Jun, 2010 by
Please do NOT call /phone number removed/ as listed on this website. Whoever had this number turned it back in to AT&T and unfortunately recycled it to me. I have NO affiliation to Emily or Pro Models, but am receiving lots of calls! Thank you and Good Luck!
N  17th of Jan, 2011 by

Jessica - Charges to my debit card

There have been 14.95 charges to my debit card. When you call the phone number to see why they are chargeing your card the phone number is a fax number.
N  2nd of Jun, 2011 by
Has anyone been recently scammed by Promo Models? Channel 10 news in San Diego is trying to re-investigate the company and owner. I was scammed over two years ago and just gave up after getting the run around when trying to seek payment. I work 3 events for them in Miami, FL.
N  6th of Oct, 2012 by
are thay thge same poeple who run models of style in london i hope not im just jioned them
N  6th of Oct, 2012 by
are thses the same poeple that run models of style london i hope not ive just jioned them i hope there not a scam