Jersey City Municipal Court / lost parking ticket fines

1 Jersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:

I sent a check to pay for a parking ticket(expired meter). After a month, I received a notice that the driving licence was suspended because of non-payment! I had to pay the ticket (again?) PLUS $100 to get the licence reinstated!
I haven't checked my bank account yet to see if the first check cleared but I wonder if they "lose" payments often?

More Jersey City Municipal Court Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fr
      7th of Feb, 2009

This has happened to me also. However your comment insinuates "dishonesty" by the way you put the word "lost" in quotes. I agree that do deal with this process IS an affront to a person's dignity only in light of the many opportunities to lose your cool! We are not ALL the "sharpest tool in the shed" and people, especially those of our public servants, seem to become dulled by what eventually seems to them a lot of negativity from people who are angry at our frustration with our situation. Mistakes Do Happen. People in JC Municipal Court employ often seen unprofessional and unorganized, but they are people too. They will often allow you more dignity during the process if you always remain dignified. This process is easier to deal with if you handle it with dignity, for your sake, and everyone you meet.
    That is all. I must now go to un-suspend my license that was suspended by JC from one parking ticket. FS

25th of Jan, 2010

Unfortunately I'm not really sure what the meter inspector was looking at but I got a $29.00 expired meter parking this past Saturday (1/23/10). I had dropped 2 quarters for 1/2 hour each which totals to 1 hour of parking before I went to the bank. The meter was on the right side of my passenger seat. And I made sure that I had paid enough parking time. I only made a transfer at PNB bank and that was it. When I left PNB bank I still have 37 mins. left on my meter. I did not see the ticket until the following day. The meter violation ticket is not visible unless you are looking for it specifically on your windshield. I did not know that it cost $29.50 to park 23 mins. in Jersey City. So sad.
    How can I fight something when you don't have proof that I made payment on the meter. I say. Jersey City you need to provide receipt for every parking meter that you have on your streets because this is absurd.

• Ju
      20th of Jul, 2015

On July 10, 2015 I arrived at parking meter 3389A at approximately 1110. I then paid the parking meter to secure 1 hour of parking while visiting the comic book store across the street. At 1210 I paid the parking meter to secure another hour of parking. At 1313 I proceeded to pay for 30 more minutes and to my surprise there was a ticket in the amount of $45 with the offense time of 1310. I missed this by 3 minutes. I guess there is no effort to give patrons the benefit of a doubt. This meter person made a conscious effort to watch and wait for me to make a mistake then wasted no time in running to my rental car to write this ticket. I made a good faith effort to pay for my parking while visiting this city and because I walked out of the shop 2 and a half minutes later I pay the price. I WILL NEVER VISIT THIS MONEY HUNGRY CRAP TOWN AGAIN.