Jerry Seiner / Overcharged

1 United States

We took our Grand Prix in for some warranty work. Later that day, one of the service guys called to try to convince us that we needed to give them $200 for a much needed thermostat replacement job. He went on for a long time about why it was so necessary and important. (I have changed MANY thermostats in the past and have rebuilt entire engines, cars, and trucks myself so I have a thorough knowledge of their necessity.) He also wanted to charge us $40 for changing the cabin air filter. The T-stat cost me $6.99 and the Cabin air filter cost me $12.99 at the local parts store. I changed them both in 1/2 hour (total). Even if it took them 1 whole hour @ the ridiculous shop rate of $100/hr, this would put the total cost at $120+ tax. They wanted TWICE that much! We told them not to do it and I did it myself when I got home from work for under $30 (I needed some anti-freeze too). I totally believe in supporting our local economy, but not when it means getting screwed like they tried to. Beware of Jerry Seiner Bountiful/ North Salt Lake off the I-15 Woods Cross Exit!

Ni