Jerry Hunt Auto Sales / Poor business practices

The van was purchased on Feb 6, with the intent to take delivery on Feb 7 so the seller could install a new battery. "Replace battery" is specifically written on the invoice. Upon pick-up, I saw a different battery than had been in the van the previous day. The next morning it would not start or power anything in the vehicle. I called AAA member services. The guy from AAA battery service first tested the battery. It measured 2.54 volts, not the 12+ it should. It also measured 0.00 CCA, and was rated at 400 CCA. (The proper battery is rated 770 CCA, thus the dealer-installed battery was the improper size, as well as dead.) The AAA guy informed me that the dead battery WAS NOT NEW. He provided a proper new battery at a cost of $122.76 after taxes and trade-in of the old one. He then performed an alternator/charging system test, which passed. After that he tested for any power drain in the electrical system, and found none. Everything showed the old battery was no good. On Feb 21, I went to the dealer to get my license plate, and informed salesperson David Carter, who sold me the van, of the battery situation. He told me to call if I did not hear back from him by Feb 23, 10am. At 3:07pm, on Feb 23, I called. He told me I could not get anything from him, that it was my fault because I traded in the old battery. I told him I had the printouts from the tests run, clear evidence. He repeated that I shouldn't have traded in the old battery, and should have called him instead of AAA. I informed him that I felt obligated to report his business practices. He said "I don't care...", at which point I hung up the phone.

Ja

Comments

• St
      12th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree about the lack of respect the salesmen at Jerry Hunt Auto Sales have.They could careless about you getting a decent car as long as they get your money.I wouldn't advise anyone to do business with these guys, I'm taking my matter with them to the courts, I called FOX 8 to investigate, I also filed a complaint with the better business bureau.I got a raw deal on a Honda Accord in which I traded my Pontiac Bonneville in for and now the outcome is I have neither car.But, I'm still the registered owner of the Bonneville but somehow they seem to have sold my car, I never gave them my title and I stopped payment on the check I wrote for the down payment.All I can say is don't believe the mileage on their cars and don't do business with them until you do your homework on the car your trying to purchase.