Jerrold Rosenberg, MD / Releasing a patient

1 Providence, RI, US Review updated:

I have been going to this doctor for 2 years about everything has been fine until today!!! I go in for my meds once per month as normal. Cause i have been to the ER the last couple of months and they gave me pain killers that are still sitting in my cabinet. I have severe back pain, ankle pain and knee pain from playing football all my life. He says i can only see one DR and that HE'S ALL DONE WITH ME !!! Pretty ###ed up huh.. Good thing i did go to the ER cause i would be sick and not able to work and support my family so now i'm forced to ween my self off with the ER meds. What kind of DR would do this to his patient. What a joke he is doesn't care whats wrong with people just wants all there money. What a joke i know there is many other people that he has done this too and he will keep doing it pretty sick person he is. I feel better now that i don;t have to see him anymore the way he treats people is very wrong!!!

R2

Comments

• R2
      Aug 24, 2009

He pretty much said im the only DR in the world you can see and dumped me on my face.

• Ab
      Sep 23, 2009

Why would you go to the ER and get pain meds and have them still sit in your medicine cabinet if your pain increased then you should of made an appt with him if it was a weekend then I can see going to the ER, but why go and not use the pain meds they gave you at the ER thats why you went there sound a little sketchy thats why you were dropped I am pretty sure he had you sign pain med agreement that you would not get pain meds from any other doctor. and was it more than once and if it was you should of contacted the Dr asap after the first time havinf to go to the ER. there is too many people out there Dr. shopping looking for pain meds from mutiple sources and it is his license and job at stake if he did not adress the situation you described he could lose both I would have to say you F'ck ed yourself and got caught is what it sounds like to me I may be wrong and if so I hope you learned your lesson and you find another Dr. and this time be more carefull follow the rules. I am a patient of his and don't think he is the type to just dump you at the drop of a dime with out a cause and yours was the ER visits getting extra pain meds from another source and if they were in your cabinet you should of brought them in and had him count them to show you did not use them and again why go if you did not need them in the first place. maybe this is a wake up call and you need to get some help with addiction ??

WJM

• R2
      Sep 26, 2009

Maybe you should wake up and know what the ### you are talking about? I didn't sign nothing stating that i couldn't see other doctors. I know for a fact now that he has done this a bunch of times. I'll have my day to make this right i bet you a bunch of people are going to him just to get high off the meds or to sell them. Your prob one of them the way you judge me without knowing anything im going threw. We will see what will happen

• Jl
      Nov 05, 2009

This individual is obviously addicted and is in some serious denial. This individual is worried about going through withdrawal more than pain, and needs to get into treatment. THE PHYSICIAN WAS JUSTIFIED IN HIS ACTIONS.

•   Jan 20, 2010

I disagree with this Doctor's attitude and should be stopped at the nonsense
    he pulls. RonnieSr79 was just another victim of this Doctor. If I told you what
    he did to me you would not believe it! And he gets away with alot of crap!!
    Former patients should get together and stop him! THIS PHYSICIAN WAS NOT
    JUSTIFIED IN HIS ACTIONS!

• Gr
      Aug 09, 2010

I am also being treated by him for chronic pain, the meds he gave me weren't working, called to get appt. and he was on vaca. They told me to call back to see if any cancelations came in, which i did, when i finally got in to see him he was in a foul mood, and gave me the wrong dosage when I tried to tell him him yelled at me " who's the one that went to medical school, so he wrote my script out to take only twice a day instead of 4 times a day, he just would not listen to me, don't know what I'm gonna do now for my pain, then he told me if I called the office more than twice a day he will drop me. He also said well your not going to die. Now I don't know what to do or who to go to, because I don't want anything to do with someone who treats me like that.

• Li
      Oct 22, 2013

I was a patient of his also. I was being treated for fibromyalgia. I never wanted narcotics or other mood altering meds from him. I was treated with Neurontin and Amitryptyline. When He was sent papers to help me with my disability insurance from the hospital I worked at for 30 yrs. as an RN, he decided to tell them I could work 40hrs./wk. 5 days a week. I didn't work full time when I was working! We never discussed the effect of work on my condition. I was in and out of appointments in 3 minutes at most. I made an appointment to speak with him about what he wrote to the insurance company and he said "I don't put people like you out of work." When I tried to get him to listen to what I go through, he looked me straight in the eye and told me "It's psychosomatic." My jaw hit the floor and I said "then what do I need you for?" I am no malingerer, and I told him this. I only wanted a benefit that was part of my benefit package, and now I have had to get a lawyer to help me refute his comments to the insurance company. If you have fibromyalgia, don't see him. He doesn't believe you. He should not be treating something he thinks is psychosomatic. He just wants to rake in the dough from us, and he even advertises fibromyalgia as one of his specialties. He told me once that he was reading something about fibromyalgia, and he thought we should all be put to sleep (using sleeping pills). Insomnia is a major symptom, but putting us to sleep is not the answer! He has stomped on my monthly income because I lost my appeal for the LTD because of him. He is arrogant and demeaning to patients from my point of view, and he probably enjoys having power over the lives of his patients. We're like cattle in his waiting room waiting for him to call our name for our 3 minute visit with him. What a head trip it must be for him every day. Steer clear of him fibromyalgia patients, and find yourself a compassionate rheumatologist for your care. This guy is a disgrace to his profession.

• Cl
      Dec 11, 2013

Been going for 10yrs and Dr.Rosenberg was great.It was the bully Richard that Put Rosenberg under the bus many times that released me...Luckly i recorded all my appointments so i can mail them to the doctor.So i went in and he said my ua came bacpos for something ive never ever touched.Well he said He now has to let me go with 5 days of Atavan for withdrawing.If he knew anything about meds and being on them for 10+yrs he would kno we need a plan so i come down safely...No plan...!!He told me My doctor droped the ball and that was why he was brought in.Then he said he was brought in because Doc R. Doesnt like to be the bad guy...The DEA MUST KNO ALL ABOUT THIS PLACE...IF NOT WHEN IM DONE...TYEYWILL...

Oct 01, 2015

why would you report him to DEA? They are the ones that are tormenting him, it is a police state. He is under pressure from the government. All the doctors are, that is why we will have a doctor shortage soon. Thank current care laws for that.

• Go
      Jan 23, 2016

The guy is a ### I have been going to him for 4 years sometimes he's like hey buddy what's up but most times he is a miserable man. If I could get away with it I would knock his teeth out and someday I just might. I cant stand when I have to go there and see his ugly face he's the only doctor I know that's always in some kind of trouble. Read his reviews you will see for yourself what a shmuck he is. Kickbacks giving out to many pain killers he doesn't keep up with the records of patience I mean are you kidding me this guy is still a doctor lol.

• Ac
      Sep 11, 2016

Just look up disciplinary actions and sanctions on Dr Rosenberg. RIDOH- board of medical licensure and discipline. He has been paid thousands of dollars in speaking engagements for Subsys- a fentanyl cancer pain drug. His son was the drug rep. He prescribed this to easy- to-overdose- on med to non cancer pain patients. He is a fraud. And a criminal.

• Do
      Feb 15, 2017

You people are all nuts... i been seeing this doctor for over 11 years.. never once have i had any issues at all with him... i had a home invation back 11 years ago.. i but my ut most trust into him. I nad never ever did anykind of durg. In my life.. durg free im 54 years old... i jump out a second floor window because 3 men came in my home with a gun.. and treaten my life... i sufferd a a lot of trama.. back injuries as well a a broken fema .two places. And metel rods and screws in my leg a knee... if it was not dr rosenburg.i dont know where i woukd to day..after all thats happend its very had to trust anyine... but i trust dr rosenburg with my life .. always have and alwats will..i do as he says because i belive he has my heath and my life in his hands... He is my doctor and very proud of what hes done for me and my life... after 11 years i still do not have an addition . I guess u can say hes doing somethinf write be ne... god bless dr.. wishing u all the best. Df

Jun 29, 2019

@Dona Rosa You were probably sleeping with him for pain meds

• Go
      Feb 17, 2017

he is a scam and a fraud and wants nothing but money! I was his patient and he did the very same thing to me, dropped me cold. and for all those people that commented about what a wonderful doctor he is... Now that he's been charged and it's known that he is a horrible doctor, who truly does not care one iota about his patients well-being. The only thing he cares about is lining his pockets with our money

• Ro
      Aug 30, 2017

He was my dr for the last 5yrs. He definitely had his moments! Worst part was the way we all got sent out to fend for ourselves!! Only NOW (next wed. 9/6) Do I finally have an appointment, for pain management... with a place who has openings, and accepts my insurance coverage!!! I've been without a prescription since April!

• He
      Nov 16, 2017

dr r treated me well with the correct meds and skill. b4 he took me in as a patient i had a gp who had me on the wrong meds for my pain. all opioids are not the same and only a good doctor knows how to treat people who are also not the same. i found another pain mgmt dr who is helping me but i do miss my appointments with him. he has a manner that rubs others the wrong way but those patients cant handle his matter of fact truth. if you tried to pull a fast one he knew it and called you out on the lie. street smart yes and i respect him for putting patients in their place. hope he wins the battle. the government has no right to dictate my treatment.. good luck doc... hzm

Jun 29, 2019

@Henry Moses Truth is the guy is a scumbag if you miss him so much go visit him in jail lmao.

Jun 29, 2019

The scumbag is in jail now so who's the bad guy.

Jun 29, 2019

I went to this doctor for 3 years every time i saw him he would ask me if i am working and i would tell him no doctor my back is disabled. It goes to show you he didn't even know who i was after 3 years he could careless all he cared about was money and look where that got him lol. Hey at least when he gets out he will have street cred for being a ex con lol.