Jennifer Convertibles / terrible experience

Almost a year ago, I spent thousands of dollars buying new leather furniture for my living room. After months of shopping, I decided on the complete set from Jennifer Convertibles. 1st mistake! Our delivery was late, they unwrapped our new merchandise in our front yard under our giant pine tree and scratched the leather on all pieces. There was a tear in the love seat and the chair. There were large, deep scratches in the sofa and love seat seat cushions and arms and the top of the ottoman. I made the delivery driver wait until I reached customer service to have the damage noted before I accepted delivery. (45 min) They said they would send a tech out to repair/replace the damaged pieces.

He came, was unable to fix anything, ordered pieces to replace and left. 6 weeks go by, many calls and no response. I receive an arm, a piece of FAKE leather and a back pillow, reschedule the tech, he comes back, wrong pieces received, can't fix anything. Says he will reorder. Many more calls, and several more months go by... nothing! Customer service is rude and offer no solutions. I called mgr where I got the furniture, he says he will help.

More broken promises, they won't even answer my calls, return my messages or emails... now what? Damaged furniture still in my living room. In 5 weeks, it will be 1 year since I ordered and still no resolution. Do NOT order from JC!!!

Va

Comments

• Fa
      28th of Sep, 2009

Entered Jennifer Convertible on Sunday, August 5, 2008 with my daughter. The salesmen was working with someone else when we walked in. We hovered around the door for a while and no one acknowledged us. We began to walk near the center of the store and the salesmen acknowledged and asked if we had been in the store before, and we said yes. He said he would be with us and if we had any questions we could let him know and he gave us his name. He finished with the customer he was working with and another couple walked in the store and he walked pass us rushing to greet this couple.

I said excuse me could we ask you a question (we were seated on a couch that we wanted to purchase). He said he had to greet the couple that just walked in and I said you did not greet us when we walked in...do you have time to answer our questions. He said "no" and proceeded to go to the other couple who came in after us. He left us sitting and totally ignored us and began asking that couple how could he help them. We walked past him and asked his name and he told us what it was. We were denied service and my twelve year old was stunned that he completely ignored us as if we were not considered as customers.

I would not like to think that this had anything to do with race, but I will mention that my daughter and I are African American and the couple that he was rushing to help were European American. Appalled and disgusted. I am writing this to discourage anyone from shopping in this store. There are plenty of other good furniture store in Danbury that offer good service and high quality sleep sofa. I purchase one from another establishment.

• La
      14th of Oct, 2009

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF COMMUNICATION.
    THE DELIVERY GUYS PLACED MY KITCHEN TABLE IN DINNING ROOM AND SAID THEY WERE ONLY THERE TO PLACE SOFA WHERE I WANTED NOT TABLE SO I HAD TO TAKE TABLE APART ANT REASSEMBLE IN KITCHEN MYSELF. DELIVERY GUYS LEFT EMPTY CONTAINERS IN BACK OF FRONT DOOR .THEY WERE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL THE MANAGER AT STORE SAID HE DIDN'T THINK THE DELIVERY GUYS WOULD DO THAT SO THEY ALL ARE NOT TRUE TO TREATING CUSTOMER FAIRLY