Jennifer Convertables / sofa is fake leather

1 Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:

Me and my husband purchased a leather sofa bed from Jennifer Convertables in spring 2008, it is completely tearing aprt like it is not real leather, we paid a total of around $1200.00 for it, and really thought that we bought a good quality leather sofabed. Totally upset that 2 1/2 years later it is tearing away and is not real leather...
I am going to small claims court to sue the company...Never again and i am not going to let them get away with it!

Comments

• Ko
      10th of Feb, 2009
    Jennifer Convertables - Cust service
    Jennifer convertables
    2950 Finley Rd
    Lombard
    Illinois
    Phone: 630 620 0110

Received the sofa that my mother purchased today. The item didn't match my mother desc. but the item matched the invoice. When I phoned the sales person she said" i don't ever make a mistake that is what she ordered". So when I repeated this to my mother she said that definetely wasn't the sofa she ordered. The sales person then called me back and told me she is concerned for my mother because she goes over this sales pitch 100 times a day and makes it as simple as possible and if that wasn't simple enough for my mother then she doesn't know what else she could have done.

• Ve
      11th of May, 2010
    Jennifer Convertables - chair
    jennifer convertables
    Pennsylvania

My wife & I puchased a sofa and chairs on 2-1-09, since it was an import I was told that it take 12 to 16 weeks upon delivery, around the 20th week and countless calls my furniture was delivered.Two weeks after delivery I noticed the padding on one of the arms was missing, after continuous calls and months passing, an agent came out to my home inspected the chair and confirmed it needed to be replaced.A followup letter was delivered to me on 2-16-10 stating I would receive the replacement within 10-12 weeks, after the tenth week, calls were made to the company on the statis of the arm, since it was replaceable.On 5-10-10 I received a call stating Iwould receive a re placement chair at no cost, but it take another 10-=12 weeks.This has been an ongoing problem upon arrival of the furniture, it will be over a year when I will receive any confort in this situation, if there's will be any confort than, Still waiting!!!

12th of Jun, 2012
    Jennifer Convertables - Product
    Jennifer Convertables
    Tustin
    California

This is not a review for an individual store but the over all corporate business ethics. Being a repeat customer we let our guard down; the new Jennifer is nothing like the old Jennifer. Read and pay attention to your sales receipt all sales are as is and final. Purchased a sleeper sofa but do not purchase the upgrade mattress, the foam is from China and has a terrible odder, gets on everything it touches. The Sofa is fine purchase the sofa with out a mattress; you can get an American made sofa bed mattress on internet for the same price no shipping. Best way to go!

Jennifer will take care of the issue in a couple of week’s maybe! The solution; spend four to five days laying the mattress in the sun and walking on the mattress about four hours a day. No this is not in the instructions, the sales person does not warn you. The bottom line; you paid $275.00 for the pleasure of lugging the stinky mattress out to your yard, putting it on a sheet and spend the next five days walking on the product. Need to bring it in every night, but do not store in your garage, the heat from your water heater pilot light reacts with the fumes, yes you get to smell this thing all night in your house.

Congratulations you are now a proud owner of a Jennifer product and have been honored with a member in the Jennifer customer clan.