Jenn Air Kitchen / We would NEVER buy a Jenn Air again

Jenn Air is part of Maytag which is part of Whirlpool. We purchased a Jenn Air kitchen range ($2000) in Nov. 2008. 1 year and l month later a burner on the right front heated up so much it cracked the top of the stove. Jenn Air paid for the repair. Last night 10/20/11 the same thing happened. The same element heat up so much, it got so hot it scared me but before I could turn off the burner the top cracked again. Now I’m told we have to pay for the serviceman to come out and diagnose the problem; then we will have to pay for him to come out again to do the repairs.

This could amount of a few hundred dollars which is obscene. We would NEVER buy a Jenn Air again which I guess would also mean Whirlpool or Maytag too. It’s a piece of junk. I’ve written to the Consumer Protection Agency which will probably do nothing; I’ve sent a complaint e mail to Maytag which who knows if I will hear anything back. I am now going to go and try to call them.

I am not happy with our whirlpool polara range. It is the worst appliance we have ever owned. It has been inoperable several time since we purchased it. The smooth top is terrible, it will not clean. The touch pad has been replace, the oven sensors have been replaced twice. At this time the range has again broke down. The same codes have appeared on the key pad. I have called appliance repair shops and they tell me they will not work on the range or they are booked for several weeks.

Comments

• Wp
      27th of Apr, 2012

Hello Kemrodde. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of JennAir. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your range. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name Kemrodde, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to JennAir.[protected]@jennair.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.