Jellystone Three Bears Resort / Delay of refund

1500 Jellystone Park Dr.Warrens, WI, United States Review updated:

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at this resort many times in the past and have been very satisfied with all aspects.

I called this resort about 2 1/2 weeks ago to cancel my reservation for a family medical emergency for which I was in need of the money ($800) and was told that I would receive my refund shortly.

Two weeks go by and I decided to call as I had not yet received it and they are normally good about sending things right away. I was told that due to some issue that the owner has that mine and many others refunds are on hold anywhere from 30-60 days. I was told nothing of this NEW policy at the time of my cancellation.

I figure the owner got in too deep because after talking to a manager for a while I find out the entire campground/resort is up for sale and if they don't sell it by the end of September they will be closing. I guess that by holding the money he won't have to pay anybody if he files for bankruptcy.

I really don't care about the issues of the owner and feel that this is robbery but I learned a lesson, I will never again book a reservation at a resort, hotel, or campground that I am required to pay the whole amount before I receive the services. Most hotels will take your credit card number but do not charge it until the services have been rendered. Same for many campgrounds. Most do charge a cancellation fee for which I was told this one would be $30.00 and I fully agreed to that but I do not feel they have any right keeping the remainder of my money for that amount of time.

All I would like is for the resort to refund the remainder of my money in a timely fashion and I will once again be happy. As I indicated earlier the lesson I learned will protect me in the future from making the same mistake!
Va

Comments

Sc
  11th of Sep, 2008
We had booked a cabin for my brothers wedding in October. Once we found out they were closing we tried to cancel. They would not waive the cancellation fee even though they could not guarantee they would be open. We are still waiting for a refund also and we get the same line that refunds are delayed 30-60 days. Disccover gave me a temporary credit while they fight with Three Bears. But I was informed that I am liable to Discover if they can not get the money back for Three Bears. I am pretty mad about the whole situation and I will be out $1200.