jeffrey I. Fouts / fraud tax debt help

772 maddox drive, suite 114East Ellijay, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 706,6365291
they accepted my case I owe a hefty sum to the IRS, when I started with the firm I had a payment arrangment with the IRS for 350 dollars a month . To make a long story short this law firm would ask for 500 minimum every couple of weeks and I sent it every time. Then I missed one payment to the IRS they call me and say we have a dead line to fill and we need 500 dollars because the IRS are going to levy your wages. Little did they know I set up my payments again with mo penalty once I informed the law firm of this 2 days later I get a call from the law firm (jeffrey I. Fouts) that that the IRS had given me a payment plan for 350 dollars a month on my whole debt. Well when I took this firm to represent me this was a fact well known to them. I was told this was my best option and they can not do anything more on my case. I asked are you sure and I was told just keep paying until the debt is done. Ok correct me if iam wrong these firms claim to be able to reduce your debt. Then why would it cost me 3000.00 dollars to then leave with the same payment plan that I came with to you, but you claimed from the start dont worry we will reduce your debt. Plain and simple there is more detail to this story but this is the short version. Jeffrey I. Fouts are a ripoff and Belize me google their name with the word scam and you will see for yourself.
Sh

Comments

Md
  28th of Nov, 2008
I agree. These people soaked me for almost $3000 and did little to nothing to help me. I found another lawyer who did more in one day than these people did over a month. I was charged $250 / hr for basic clerical and accounting services. At no point did I get any legal advice, and the lawyer wouldn't return my calls or written requests for a conference.

Go find a real tax attorney. These people are simply taking advantage of scared people who are in trouble. They will meet the "letter" of the contract, but they won't really help you.

I'm sorry I didn't cut them off sooner.
Be
  8th of Jan, 2009
Same situation here. After MONTHS of saying it would only be a couple of more weeks before the matter was resolved and THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS LATER, I wised-up and realized that Fouts and company were rip-offs. Never ONCE did I speak with an attorney---just some flunky who was supposedly working on my case. When I refused to pay any more money, they dropped me like a hot potato. I've worked directly with the IRS and accomplished more than these people did after all of this time and money spent. Not to mention the additional interest and penalties that were adding up while the rip-off occurred!!! AVOID FOUTS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
On
  20th of Apr, 2009
Same here Betty. They got $3, 500 on my case before I started sensing they were doing nothing. You're right. Avoid Fouts like the plague
Jo
  2nd of Sep, 2009
I gave up on these people after only $800. But I agree with the sentiments expressed here-- they charged a lot of money for clerks to do paperwork. I never got to speak to Jeff Fouts.
Ti
  7th of Oct, 2010
is there a way that attorney's or CPA can help you with your debt to the IRS. I owe 2-3 years back income taxes and the interest and penalties are killing me. I hired Jeff Fouts (against my better judgement) and he already has $1400 from me. I want a solution that will work. I'm not flat broke but at $400-500 a month payment plan it will take me 10+years to payback what I owe. Any suggestios or solutions?
Ba
  8th of Apr, 2011
This son of a [censor] crook took 900.00 from me for future services. (I know this is small compared to others here). The [censor] made 1, yes 1 phone call to the tax contact person and then asked for another 900.00. I called him and told him to shove it up his [censor]. Now, about a year later I get a f'n letter saying I owe the [censor] 80.00 more and HE has cancelled ME. This lil weasel is nothing but a crook. I hope to see him out side of his scummy lil environment one day and get my 900.00 worth. I hate this [censor], lhe should get testicle cancer and die a slow painful death.
I'm met/ hired some good lawyers for different reasons, but this JO is a piece of [censor].
Take this rant as a warning--stay away and tell others to do the same.
Sa
  12th of Jun, 2011
Jeffrey I. Fouts sucks. He's incompetent and a crook.
Da
  20th of Jan, 2013
Contact Fouts for tax advice. Signed contract with sweet talker Dale then started to get phone calls from Francis asking for all kinds of frivolous paperwork. Then Janine would call relentlessly for payment threatening to stop work until payment is received. After a few months and paying $2400 with no sign of any progress I decided to call the IRS myself. The IRS asked for 3 months bank statements and 2 pay stub and resolved the case within 2 weeks. The agent said that I was bilked and gave me a contact so I can report Fouts for fraud. I am still in the process and will be relentless in bringing this crook and his unethical rip-off team to justice. In the end he charged me 12 hours at a rate of $200/hr for a total of $2400 for nothing. Not even a piece of paper.
Da
  20th of Jan, 2013
Jeffrey Fouts has a very good scam. STAY AWAY!!!
Fo
  15th of Jul, 2013
We believe this person may be a former client who demanded we get him a settlement offer with the IRS for less than he owed even though the option he had was a better alternative as the IRS had incorrectly given him a very low monthly installment agreement.

After gathering all the data, and then fully analyzing his case, we determined that he did qualify for a settle offer, but that the settlement amount would be much more than the combined total of the payments he would make to the IRS under his payment plan.

The client demanded a settlement offer. We explained in detail that the installment agreement he had was a much better deal because it would allow him longer to pay, and that the total amount he would pay was $73, 000 LESS than the settlement offer he would qualify for.

The client demanded we file an Offer for him, because he said that what he hired us for. But we don’t allow clients hire us “get them an Offer”. We are hired to determine which options they actually qualify for and what is the best thing to do in their particular case. Our Attorney-Client Agreement doesn’t say we are hired to obtain any specific solution because we don’t know which options they qualify for when they initially hire us.

We never claim we can reduce anyone taxes. We claim to be tax experts who can ascertain what your options are. We are not magicians with a magic wand who can guarantee an IRS case will have any specific guaranteed outcome.

We could have done what he demanded and filed an Offer, but that wouldn’t have been in his best interests, and it’s not the way we do business.

As to asking him for $500 additional retainers, after the initial retainer is used, we ask for $500 retainer payments as the case proceeds along. We do this instead of asking for $1, 000 or $1, 500 additional retainer payments, but asking for the smaller $500 retainer amount means we must ask for them more often. We make the smaller retainer available in an effort to make the case more “pay as you go”. A client is always welcome to pay a larger additional retainer amount, but they almost never do.

We have an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating. We have been in business 20 years, and represented thousands of clients in all 50 states and 29 foreign countries. We are proud that less than 0.4% of our clients have ever complained. We regret this person is unhappy, but we can’t make everyone happy, even though we try.

It appears the same handful of people are filing multiple complaints at different locations, and then commenting multiple times on the other’s complaint.

You can speak to us personally at 1-800-509-2770.

Sincerely,
Fouts Law Firm
Admitted:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Federal District Court
Ch
  13th of Feb, 2015
I didn't file a complaint, but I did comment on another of these complaints about his firm. DO YOUR RESEARCH. HIRE LOCAL. Don't waste your money on this guy. What everyone says above is true. They will suck you dry and then demand more. What you get in return is garbage. Get a local lawyer near you.