Jefferson Pilot Disability Insurance / Stay away from Jefferson Pilot!

Just read Karen's post from 2003 on Jefferson Pilot disability. I just want to say that she is dead on right about them. I had JP insurance thru my employer, and when I became ill my Doctor followed their procedures to certify I was completely disabled.

Then the fight began. To make a long story short, I had to fight tooth and nail every inch of the way to get any benefits from them. They will use every crooked, stalling scheme imaginable to keep from paying you- no matter what your doctor or anyone else says. Stay away from Jefferson Pilot period.

A  19th of Jun, 2008 by
Jeferson Pilot was awful to deal with, especially when I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease(PD) at 34. I am now 57 and yes, I do have PD. I purchased this insurance through my job, I paid the premiums. I worked 6 more years after I was diagnosed. They paid me for approx. 3 years. They said I did not have PD, and I was too young. Because of them, life has been hard, just living off social security. I wonder what kind of people do they hire, and do they have a conscious. They are so wrong for doing people this way. Something should be done about them by the courts.
N  19th of Jun, 2008 by
You don't have to wait for the Courts to act. Contact your State Insurance Commissioner, file a complaint, and they will make life misearble for Jefferson Pilot, if everything you say is true.