Jeff Dane / Terrible experience

My family had one Yorkie puppy that was given to us by a friend. In December of 2007 we decided to buy another one for Christmas. The first mistake that we made was using the website yorkiepup.com and dealing with Jeff Dane. We were able to go to Jeff's website and view each of the available puppies. We decided to purchase a female puppy named Kylee. The picture was very cute and the dog appeared to be of great breeding. When the dog arrived at the airport the first thing that we noticed was that the dogs bottom teeth were protruding past her gum line. This can happen with Yorkie pups when they have difficulty loosing their baby teeth and they are not taken in for the appropriate care. The second thing we noticed was that the dog was ungroomed and very dirty. Urine had even accumulated in some of her hair and if was matted. The third event was that the dog had arrived with some type of virus of bacterial infection in her stomach. In short the dog had a horrible case of diarrhea. When we took the dog to the vet he informed us that many dogs raised in puppy farms arrive with similar illnesses. When we called Jeff and informed us of our situation he told us that [censored]zu puppies quite often had a pronounced lower jaw. [censored]zu??? We had purchased a yorkie!! We threatened to get an attorney. Jeff said that he would give us a 50% refund of our money. We did not accept. The papers for the 'Yorkie' were also a bit fishy. Another dog's name was on the papers. The name had been crossed out and rewritten in pen. In short the whole experience was a bad one. We purchased a dog with some funny teeth, bad papers, and possibly half [censored]zu, half Yorkie. The one positive aspect was that we rescued an animal from a horrible situation. An animal living in a PUPPY FARM! Jeff I hope that OPRAH pays you a visit one day.

Va

Comments

• Co
      7th of Nov, 2008

I too purchased a yorkie puppy fro Jeff Dane and the puppy arrived in excellent condition.
    She was healthy (per our Vet) and also had diarrhea which Jeff told us might happen because of the stress from traveling and leaving her puppy family.
    Turned out she had a common ailment many puppies get and a round of medicine cleared it up in a day or two. Spoke to another breeder who said "this is common" with new pups.
    Since these little dogs require extra special care in the early months, I have kept in touch with Jeff on a weekly basis. He always responds to my emails within a few hours. He knows more about the teacup yorkies than our Vet does.

• Je
      7th of Nov, 2008

I would just like to say how sorry I am that you wrote this slanderous message. Why in the world would you wait almost 1 year to do this?

Yorkiepup.com stands behind every puppy we place in a new home. I would like to offer you, 100% of your money back if you are not happy, just return the Yorkie for a full refund, we will pay for the flight back to DFW. I have no idea who you talked to here a year ago that offered you 1/2 refund, but I would like to get you another puppy or a full refund, its that easy. Please let me know if this contact information for you and your wife Nicolle is still current?

Shane or Nicolle Fisher

www.yorkiepup.com

preciousnurse_rn@hotmail.com

• To
      7th of Nov, 2008

I purchased two Yorkies friom Jeff Dane .. they were beautiful online as well as " beautiful" in person !! My pups arrived in wonderful condition, healthy and happy.
    I am not understanding why someone would wait one year to complain. Mr. Dane is easy to work with and complies with any and all requests.

Toni Weed

• Ar
      7th of Nov, 2008

Five years ago, while waiting for our daughter's Christmas present ( a toy yorkie) at yorkiepup.com I met a woman who was purchasing her second puppy from Mr. Dane. She had nothing but positive things to say about her initial purchase and the fact she was purchasing a 2nd puppy as a gift for a friend speaks to her complete satisfaction with Jeff Dane and Yorkiepup.com.
    This past September our daughter and her roommate decided to get a puppy to have at college. We considered no other breeders and purchased our 2nd puppy (a morkie) from Mr. Dane. After the purchase of both dogs Mr. Dane has always been responsive, helpful, knowledgable and sensitive if any issues arose with the new puppy. Mr. Dane's facilites are immaculate, his knowledge about dog breeding is second to none. When we walk either of our dogs, purchased from Mr. Dane, we are constanlty asked where we got such cute dogs. We recommend Mr. Dane and yorkiepup.com without hesitation. If you wish to discuss this issue further you can contact me at 214.707.6463.

Thanks you,

Art Kline
    the proud and happy owner of two dogs purchased from Mr. Jeff Dane at yorkiepup.com

• Dj
      7th of Nov, 2008

A few weeks ago I contacted Yorkiepup.com and spoke to Jeff Dane. I had many questions for him over a few weeks period deciding if the Yorkie was for me, as I am a new puppy owner. I am sure many more questions then he usually gets from any one person. He answered all my questions and offered advice too. I purchased a Yorkie Puppy named "Squirt" from Jeff Dane last week. He told me what to expect and guided me through the process step by step. I received the Yorkie last week and he arrived in good shape, clean, groomed, vet exam papers, registry papers, and happy!
    My Yorkie has gained 6oz this week following his directions and advice! At this point I am very happy to have met and purchased my Yorkie from him.

• Sh
      7th of Nov, 2008

I am also a parent of a fur-baby purchased from Mr. Dane at yorkiepup.com last year. I can not express enough how pleased I am with my entire experience with Mr. Dane. Yorkiepup.com has immaculate facilities and very well-cared for dogs. When I initially brought Jax home I stayed in close contact with Mr. Dane. Jax weighed 2 lbs so I relied on Mr. Dane's experience and knowledge for advice. He was (and has been) just a phone call away. He is very attentive to any questions that might arise in caring for my baby. Jax was vet checked and deemed in perfect health. He has remained healthy and has never been seen in the vet's office outside of normal check-ups and vaccinations. I am always complimented on Jax's markings, coat, overall friendliness and personality. My experience with yorkiepup.com and Mr. Dane has exceeded my expectations. I remain in contact with Mr. Dane even now at a year and a half after purchasing my baby. My puppy, Jax (now 1 1/2) brings so much joy and happiness to our family. I highly recommend yorkiepup.com and Mr. Dane. I find it a shame that this slanderous message was left. It does not in any form or fashion represent the truth regarding yorkiepup.com or Jeff Dane. I am available anytime for a reference. I am more than happy to share my positive experience!

Sharon Smith
    the very proud parent of Jax (puppy purchased from Jeff Dane at yorkiepup.com)

I can always be contacted at sharoncarrie@verizon.net if you would like to speak with an actual parent of a yorkiepup.com puppy!

• Je
      7th of Nov, 2008

We just purchased a Yorkie puppie from Jeff.When we recieved our puppie he was in great shape.Not only did he arrive with all kind of goodies with him the vet said he was very heathy.When we talked with Jeff he told us exactly what to expect when we got our puppie and what to do to take care of him when we got him home. Jeff also sent us about four links of how to prepare our puppie for a new home. Mr Jeff, I can honestly say this was a very positive experience and I would recommend Yorkiepup.com to anyone.we love our Yorkie and would like to thank yorkiepup for allowing us to become a part of his family.Thanks again Mr Jeff

Jenny Thompson

• Kr
      7th of Nov, 2008

I Have bought 3 puppies from PAPPA Jeff Dane this year. HOW DARE somone say a bad word about this wonderful family who raise such BEAUTIFUL--INTELLIGENT & dear little companions for all of us who NEED that!!! My Boy AWESOME Corky & Little miss Ladybug Cricket are the most WONDERFUL little FURBABIES I HAVER EVER had the honor of bringing into our home!!! ALSO--as one was 7 and 1/2 months & the other was 4 and 1/2 months, they were cared for extremely!!! well!! People need to realise that these are VERY TINY loving creatures who are a JOY to love--BUT being So tiny they MUST be cared for hourly---ANYTHING can upset them or affect them IMMEDIATELY as they are more work than a HUMAN BABY @ times!!! That is a responsibility That Pappa Jeff Dane takes every precaution to tell you about---write it down in his site--AND he has NEVER NOT answered a call from me to help with any silly little question I BOTHER him with!!! I have just adopted BONES from him this week & will purchase another for my Niece this month as well so BONES does not have to travel alone. WHICH reminds me NO other Breeder has EVER been honest with me about fair shipping prices & he sent me my second gal FREE--NOT even the extra 49$---I could tell that Pappa Jeff & Brian & the rest of the family there LOVE to raise all the gorgeous pups --go to all efforts to make sure the little FURBABIES are put in the proper loving homes with people he can only PRAY are intelligent enough to take care of them or ask Pappa Jeff to help--WHICH HE DOES--HE TAKES BACK ANY PUP & takes care of them & tries to find them another FOREVER HOME!!! ALSO--everything he informed me about with the babies & their Vet. visit was EXACTLY what he said would happen--THE VET. who I have trusted with all my furbabies for 15 years--let me down--left my little guy coughing from the change of weather--gave him NOTHING to soothe the cough--& sure enough as soon as I confronted her with Pappa Jeff's suggestions for his treatment---He was perfect in 24 hours!!! WOULD anyone want their baby to cough & cough with no soothing cough medicine--NO--ONLY a Business that can make more money from you by dragging out the poor babies suffering to get another visit fee!! I am ABSOLUTELY HURT that anyone would say ANYTHING slanderous about This wonderful family who has brought me such happiness, during a very sad and lonely time in my life. If ANYONE would like to contact me to verify anything please feel free. I have LOVELY pictures AND nothing but gratitude for this TEXAS MAN!!! REALLY--Texas is one of the most harsh on any breeder who does ANYTHING SLIGHTLY wrong----AND I certainly CANNOT imagine ANY Dallas Gal visiting Pappa Jeff Dane--and purchasing a pup unless everything was absolute perfection!! LASTLY--I HAVE NEVER had ANY pup come into my home & actually do their business on command!! It is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE---& proves that a LOT of time & attention is paid to every aspect of their happy little lives!! WE LOVE YA'LL---Just wish that people realise that when they say just one bad thing about ya'll, they are helping to ruin the chance each little furbaby has @ finding THE BEST home for them!!! AND hurting feelings as well as financially hurting this family--they have pups to feed--give proper health care AND the list goes ON & ON!!! Lastly---Pappa Jeff if you need any help you may also contact my attorney here in Las Vegas--Keith Galliher--He was quite taken with how precious Corky & Cricket are--and can verify that I have NO connection to ya'll prior to you helping me get the right little babies home to me!!! Hope to visit ya'll in next few months as I am moving home finally!!!

• Ga
      10th of Nov, 2008

I purchased my new puppy about 10 days ago from Jeff Dane. I could not be more pleased with this transaction. The entire experience was great. He explained everything and there were no surprises. My puppy was given a great report from the vet. She is very healthy and very playful and loving. My family and I are so happy with the care she was given before we got her. I can only comment on my experience...and it was great!

• Ge
      10th of Nov, 2008

I am writing this comment in reference to the complaint about the puppy that was purchased from Jeff Dane at yorkiepup.com. I cant imagine how any one would wait a whole year to make a complaint of this nature. I bought Austin a teacup yorkie and we received him at the airport on November 1, 2008. He was very clean, healthy, and playful and all he wanted to do was to come out of his carrier to play. His teeth are perfect and his hair is also beautiful. He is the most adorable little puppy I have ever seen in my entire life. Austin came with all his papers and we know he is the dog that we saw and wanted from the website. At night Austin goes to sleep in his crate and has done so from the first night that he spent with us. We took him to our vet within forty eight hours and he was found to be very healthy from our vet. Austin also arrived with food and toys in his carrier. We had questions for Jeff. They were answered for us promptly via e-mail and he was also just a phone call away if we wanted to speak with him. This has been a very pleasent experience for us and we couldnt have asked for a better puppy. Austin also was wee wee pad trained when we got him. He did have a couple of accidents on his first full day with us. Since then he has used the wee wee pad constantly. He is very smart and alert. I couldnt have asked for a better puppy. If anyone ever tells me that they want a yorkie pup I would insist that they contact Jeff at yorkiepup.com. It is obvious that Jeff and company at yorkiepup.com care very much for these small and beautiful animals as they are well taken care of. Feel free to contact me as I am available should anyone need a reference. Yorkiepup.com has my permission to give out my e-mail address in the event anyone would like a reference.

• Vi
      10th of Nov, 2008

My experience with Jeff Dane was extremely positive. From the time I discussed the purchase of the puppy to the time the puppy arrived via airplane to my home town. When the puppy arrived the puppy was clean and looked very healthy. Mr. Dane had informed me the puppy was healthy and my veternarian confirmed the puppy was healthy. Mr. Dane was very concerned about me getting the puppy. When I arrived at home with the puppy he had already called me. I really cannot conceive of any having any negative experiences with Mr. Dane's pupppies. If Oprah would come to visit his farm tomorrow, I am sure she will be just as elated as I was regarding my dealings with Mr. Dane and the puppy he sold me.

• Vi
      10th of Nov, 2008

I just wanted to express the opposite experience that I have had with Jeff Dane. I personally have purchased 4-puppies from Jeff. My very presious Presley and 3 other puppy's that I have given as gifts. All four puppys were healthy and wonderful additions to four families. We all love our furry family members and have recommended yorkiepup to hundreds of people who inquire about how to get such a lovable friend for themselves. I am sure I will buy more puppy's from Jeff in the future. Also, the vet checks for each puppy has been very good.

• Sh
      10th of Nov, 2008

My fiance and I just purchased a Teacup Yorkie puppy about two weeks ago from Jeff. She was just as cute in person as she was on the website. The Monday after we picked up "Vondell" (now Gracie) from the airport we took her to the vet. The vet said she was in good health...the only thing that they found wrong was earmites. However, thats VERY common in puppies and with a little meds. they're all gone. Also, about a week ago Gracie's sugar dropped which caused her to get very weak and almost lifeless. Jeff warned us that this may happen since Gracie was so small...but when it actually did, it scared me to death. Right away I phoned Jeff at about 7am my time (Virginia). He was quick to answer the phone and was VERY helpful! Jeff talked me through the whole process of getting Gracie's sugar back to normal and promised that he'd be there if we ever needed him again. I feel sure that Jeff will stand by his word, just like he stand by his puppies. Good and Bad things happen all the time...we have to remember that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. So, moral of the story...yorkiepup.com is a great place to buy a puppy.

• Do
      12th of Nov, 2008

My wife and I recently purchased a very small Morkie pup from yorkiepup.com and we couldn't be any happier. Believe me I"m not easy to please. Our puppy was very healthy from day one with absolutely no issues since I received him. Jeff has always been very helpful from day one when I first inquired about getting a new puppy. The service and support from him and his crew is second to none. You won't find a more caring and knowledgeable breeder that truly does care about providing the best and healthy puppy possible . He's far from running a puppy farm that you mentioned on your complaint above.

Keep up the good work and I most certainly will come back one day to purchase another pup.

Don Fryman

28th of Nov, 2008

I drove 8+/- hours to purchase a Chihuahua from Jeff Dane. We were informed that she had a "cold." After several weeks of antibiotics and countless trips to the vet, she died. At Mr. Dane's insistence, we had an autopsy done and e-mailed him the results. The puppy had fatal kidney defects.

It wasn't until months later that we received a "replacement puppy." He actually only reduced her price. She also turned out to have health issues and passed away at just four years old last year.

• So
      8th of Feb, 2009

Jeff Dane is a backyard breeder and runs a puppy mill! It's painfully obvious when you look at this site.

And the RESCUE page. Give me a break! You're disgusting Jeff Dane. Get those dogs to a vet NOW. You don't just abuse and neglect your dogs and then claim you "rescued them". Disgusting!!!

If you buy a pup from Jeff Dane, be prepared for $100s in vet bills! Those dogs are not healthy and he does not care! He just wants YOUR money!!!

• Ro
      22nd of Feb, 2009

i got a dog from yorkiepup.com and i had her three months and she died. I did everyhing I could to save her. it cost me over $1000.00. She had severe dental disease and should have had all her teeth removed before I got her.

• Ra
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Save Money and tears!!! Don't buy a dog from Yorkiepup.com

• Ka
      4th of Mar, 2009

AWFUL MAN!

Hey Jeff Dane. Instead of sitting here on your computer writing all of these comments pretending to be people who have purchased your puppies and are "happy" with them, why don't you go take care of your puppies!

YOU DISCUSSED ME! You have no class, trust me I should know I've met you, Your a LOW LIFE LOSER who thinks he is a big shot.

SO RUDE AND IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

ALL OF HIS PUPPIES ARE PILED IN CAGES IN HIS GARAGE! WHEN I GOT MY PUPPY FROM HIM HE WAS IN HIS BATH ROBE AND WAS HURRYING ME OUT OF THE HOUSE, I DID NOT SEE ONE PUPPY OUT OF A CAGE.

• Ra
      6th of May, 2009

don't buy a dog from jeff dane he lies and his dogs die as soon as you get them!!