JCPenney / online order problems with website

United States Review updated:

On Tuesday Sept 27th I placed an jcpenny order (#[protected]) and the call service I received was very willing to go well beyond their fundamental call service. Unfortunately I did not get their names but it was approximately 8:30pm Eastern time zone. The first jcpenny person I spoke to stated she would have to have manager call me back…bottom line they were open to helping the customer.

Basic issue was that I wanted a 5piece outdoor furniture set that was at a discounted jcpenny price online it stated it was unavailable but all the individual pieces were available but cost more than the complete set price but after working approximately 1 hour cause that was when I got the return call from the manager they were able to get the set at the cheaper price. They tried-that is the bottom line. After researching I found that local stores had the chairs at even a cheaper price I decided to cancel the order for the tacle set pieces.

But I had also ordered a cover for this set which jcpenny online stated was no longer available but keep in mind it was available the night prior when the order was placed. Nancy and Barb (Barbara) out of Pittsburgh, PA. Stated their was nothing they could do for me to get this cover other they watching the website to see if I could catch when it is put back as available-who has that kind of time.

Bottom line is that they were not open to even trying and now I can not get that cover so I know it may not be much but this is a lost sale and keep in mind that if the topic of jcpenny comes up in conversation with friends and co-workers this lack of a sense to try and help the customer can be discussed. I just hate that I am out of a product that I had less than 24hours ago that I really wanted. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Comments

• Sh
      19th of Nov, 2017

• Sh
      19th of Nov, 2017

😡Warning to our family and friends! We have been royally hosed by JC Penny furniture and disrespected and lied to by their corporate office. Fair warning...NEVER ORDER YOUR BEDROOM OUTFIT FROM THEM. It was 5 weeks late. They claim that it is made in Texas once the order is placed yet there were stickers all over the wood indicating that it was made in VIETNAM. Even the boxes that they came in said made in America which is a lie. We paid to have a very expensive outfit shipped and put together and their 3rd party delivery lost our whole bedroom outfit and when they did finally deliver it they lied to us and said that they were not responsible for putting it together and just left it in huge boxes for my husband to put together only to find out later that the bed would not go together because the people in Vietnam could not measure and drill holes. Most people save and dream and work hard for a new bedroom outfit for years and JC Penny spit in our face by offering us $400 for weeks of inconvience, schedule changes, sleeping on the mattress on the floor, living out of laundry baskets, and when we called for updates and explanations they had the unmitigated gull of hanging up on us, handing us off from one manager to another, lying, making us put our furniture together and not returning follow up calls as promised. And beware... If you think that you will get in touch with someone at corporate in a timely fashion then be ready to spend several hours on the phone. They are getting it all back!! We are done and done with JC Penny!! Je

• Dd
      8th of Dec, 2018

Warning to other on line shoppers of J C Penney. Purchased a ring on line at JCPenney . com. Had it shipped to store to try on for size . I decided it wasn't what i wanted because it wasn't true to size as represented on line. I tried to exchange at store but was told I have to mail it back to address in New York. So unhappy customer and they lost a sale because I will go elsewhere to replace it, This warning is for other J C Penney shoppers . NOT WORTH THE HASSEL DEALING WITH THEM!!! They don't stand behind their merchandise at this store!!!