JCPenney / jewelry-gold chain

Tucson, AZ, United States

I purchased a gold chain on Feb 17, 2017 from Spectrum JCP in Tucson, Arizona. On May 1, 2017, as I was walking, my chain fell to the floor. When I picked it up, I noticed that the loop/eye (where the clasp/hook latches onto)was not welded together and that there was a link that had also come off as well. I called the store where I purchased it and the rude associate told me that since I didnt purchase a protection plan then there was nothing I could do. I explained that I didnt want to return, only exchange, and she once again brought up the protection plan. I even explained how the product was defective and in a rude tone, she said no they couldnt exchange it. Im sorry but this is bad business on both sides of the table. Not only do you have rude associates but your business practices are losing you customers. I understand the concept of your protection plan and have bought a few for watches but never have I had a product be defective from you in only two months after purchase where you have refused to exchange it. This is clearly a manufacturer defect and not only am I stuck with this expensive chain that I cant wear, but Im now essentially out the money I saved to buy this chain as well. My family and I have been lifelong shoppers at JCP and now due to this, we wont be. It saddens me that you are treating your customers this way and that we are only numbers to you now, not people. The fact that you could be like this now instead of like the old days is hurtful..shame on you!!
Cheryl Wilkinson (formerly Diaz)
115 w Ohio st