J.C. Whitney / False Advertising

1 Chicago IL, United States Review updated:

I received an e-mail regarding the JCWhitney's Memorial Day sale where an additional 15-20% saving would be realized if you placed an order on Memorial Day. I ordered a $140.00 bike rack with standard shipping and submitted my payment information. The order was received, processed, and shipped but the additional discount was never applied. I wasnt really ready to buy it at that time, but the additional discount made me rethink my time line. I also ordered a 6-switch panel like the one shown in the advertisement, but received a unit that was nothing like the photo and was greatly inferior in design and quality. Repeated e-mails to their customer service department have gone unanswered, and unacknowledged. I wrote a product review of the switches, but they decided not to post my review because it was a negative review. Why have a review process then if all you are going to post are the positive ones????? Buyer beware with this company, they think that because there an older, and larger establishment that they are above the rules, and dont have to keep their customers happy!! I think thats what Sears thought once, just before they almost went out of business, and K-mart had to save their ###.

Te

More J.C. Whitney Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

8th of Jul, 2008

I recently bought something from JCwhitney.com. Bought it from their website and it said it was in stock so I went ahead with the purhase. Now I keep getting emails saying it is backordered. WTH would they advertise something for sale if they don't have it in stock, this is complete BS and I will never buy anything from www.jcwhitney.com again.

This is the "chat" conversation I just had with a csr:

Fannie: I am a Product Specialist available to assist you with any questions you have. How may I be of assistance to you today, via a secure, live chat session?
    You: re: order # 5714322 I just received a second notice by email that my order is backordered again! WTH does your company offer items for sale that they don't have in stock?!
    Fannie: I'd be happy to help you with that today.
    Fannie: When the items go on sale, a lot of people call and order them due to the great prices. Due to all the people that call and order they go on back order.
    Fannie: When the item goes on sale, it is usually in stock.
    You: when i ordered it it was in stock, therefore one should have been reservered for me. Does your company offer any compensation for this major inconveience? I feel I was great deceived by a false advertisement
    Fannie: In order to get any type of compensation, you would have to contact our Customer Service department.
    Fannie: To reach our Customer Service Department via phone, please dial 1-800-603-4383 and press 4. They are available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Central Time.
    You: OK thanks, but please share with your management that this is complete BS and I will NEVER shop with you again. I will also be blogging and sharing in the forums the bad experience I had. ty
    Fannie: I am sorry about the iinconvinience.
    Fannie: inconvenience*
    Fannie: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    You: no
    Fannie: Thank you for chatting with us. We value your feedback. Please click the Close button at top right to answer a few questions about your experience with us today.