Jax Auto Wholesale / Fraudsters and cheaters

1 8190 103rd StreetJacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 904-778-4288

I purchased a 2001 330i BMW from this dealer 0n 5 Feb 2009. Before I bought it I test drove it and had a mechanic friend look it over. There appeared to be no problems. The engine looked to be in very good condition.

The day I signed for the car and drove it off the lot serious things started happing. First the head liner fell down as I drove it home. It had been held up by straight pins. I called the dealer and he said no problem bring it back and we will take a look at it.

Since I did no have an oil history on the car I took it over to have the oil changed, as they were changing the oil the manager called me over and ask me if I knew I had a oil leak. I said no. He said you got one now. When they finished they closed the hood and the two front grills fell out on the floor they had been gluded to hold into place. I left there headed home when I heard a loud noise so I pulled over and got out and walked around to the front of the car only to find that the right turn signel had falled out and the only thing keeping it attached to the car was the electrical cord.

When I got home I called the dealer back up and gave them hell and again they said to bring it back so I did. He told me that they would fix the head-liner but that I would have to pay for half because they sold the car to me so cheap. $9995.00 which they did the car booked at $14, 525 and the credit union was happy to lend me the money, so I agreed to pay half and he said he would fix the rest.

They kept the car for two weeks and I went back over to pick the car back up and drove it home on the way I smelled oil burning and that noise that I heard before so I pulled over to checked it and the turn signel was flopping around and one of the grills was about to fall out. When I got home I called them back up and they said they fixed everything including the oil leak. BS

I drove the car over to my mechanic and he said I had a head gasket leak and he would fix it if I went and got the parts so I left the car with him and a friend of mine took me to BMW to buy the parts. While there I got a phone call from my mechanic and he told me that I had a cracked warped block and that I also needed to add plugs because they had the wrong one in the car.

We took pictures of the crack and then I took the car and the pictures to BMW to get it evaluated. They kept it for two days and called me on the phone to tell me that it would cost about $6000.00 to fix it. The car had been run HOT. I told them I would come and get the car.I could not afford to fix it. Next I called the Dealer on the phone and spoke with the owner, his name is Roger and basically he said that there was nothing he could do except maybe he could find an engine at his cost and sell it to me for that and that I would have to pay his mechanic to swap the engine out. I said no thanks. Well there is nothing I can do because you signed the warrenty when you bought the car AS IS.

I hope no one has to go through what I have been through, be careful before you sign a AS IS Warranty.

Currently I am having the car fixed and purchased a good engine for $3000.00. I learned of this site because I almost made another failtil mistake of buying an engine through a company that is listed on this web site called Midwesr Auto recycling. Believe me when I say this I was very luck to get my money back from these crooks.

Ju

Comments

• To
      24th of Aug, 2009

i totaly diagree with Justin. I purchased more then 6o cars, yes, 60 cars from these people and none had a problem. not one. These people are honest and nice. they help when help is needed even if it is not their problem. beleive me, these people are the best.
    Roger, the owner, treat the customers as friends.
    I wish him all the best.

and Justin, you had bad experience with these people, but I assure you they are realy good people and hard workers and honest. Give them a second chance and you will see.

good luck

Tom

• Ed
      8th of Sep, 2009

these people are afraud dont buy a vehicle from them! we bought a 2002 bmw x5 and i traded my 2002 audi a6 3.0 they said they gave me 4, 000 for it and it did say it on the papers... when the bank called they asked me more about the deal and i told them what they gave me for the audi they said they only put about a gran so they basiclly took 3... they are a fraud never buy a car unless they give a written warranty...

30th of Jul, 2010

Mr. ed904
    You don't make any sense. If the dealership gave you $4000 dollar, and it is showing on the bill of sale.. why would the bank say that you got $1000 for your car... it doesn'tmake sense

john

• Fr
      1st of Dec, 2010

I totally agree with this complaint. Only because I have a similar situation. Yes the people are ver friendly and helpful, however, I went there to buy a car, there were issues from the begining. They were helpful and fixed the few issues that were visible. However almost 2 months later, I still have not been able to drive my car, for one becuase even they they drove my car to get it fixed at another shop and decided to disclose there were any issues, I have transmission issues and have not been able to drive the car at all. I paid at least $200 for 2 parts for my car, and approximatly $500-$600 to just get those parts replaced. I called the company and told them they told me they would fix it for half off of the quoted price, so I now have to come up with extra money to fix, I also when i was at the dealership found a few roaches, yes roaches, in the car, they bombed the car, recently over the past 2 weeks have went out to my car and seen roaches in the car. I also a month later still have not revieved my tag, and my temp tag is exp so I cant not drive my car due to tag and transmission issues. This company is a fake and no one should buy from them.

• Ly
      14th of Jul, 2012

I agree I purchased a car there and had the car 2 weeks didn't have my Florida License and they came in took the car back in 3 weeks. I requested my downpayment back of 1000.00 and was told I could only receive 400 because I had to reimburse them for towing and mileage that was put on the car. The car is currently being sold for the same price with the new added miles. Who is losing out here? Since the contract was voided the and the terms of the contract wasn't met, according to the law I should get a full refund. Not over half kept, never the less, I filed a complaint with BBB in then I am taking them to small claims court for my complete down payment.

• Dr
      14th of Jul, 2012

Agreed! Sorry that you are going through a nightmare. Also upon buying a used car, make sure you ask for the car fax since no matter how nice and new looking from the outside, the parts are falling apart! Be very careful while signing any documents!!

8th of Aug, 2016

I brought a car from the group to thousand 15 had problems with it all the way to November that's a bad accident the brakes locked up on me and I called them and told them that and Roger left on the phone at me saying that it's messed up because I was in bringing it to them to fix it phone to this day August 8, 2016 I am still without a car I will never go to a place like that again smh

8th of Aug, 2016

Sorry was talk texting he laughed at me had the car from feb to November

8th of Aug, 2016

I lost everything due to the accident lost job hurt my back my daughter still have nightmares