Jarvis Appliance / Awful service

We purchased all of our appliances, totaling around $18k, for a custom home we were building. Because I was purchasing the appliances months before they were to be installed, the sales manager told me the appliance warranties won't begin until I receive my Certificate of Occupancy and move in.

Shortly after moving in, the built in microwave began acting up, as if there was a short in the wiring. It wouldn't happen often, every couple of months, or so. I finally called Jarvis after about the 4th month. They subsequently came out three times within the warranty period. Each time they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Long and short of it is they never fixed the problem and waited until the warranty expired to tell me that it was my problem now. The sleazy owner even said the warranty period began when I purchased the appliances, not when I moved in. He intimated that there wasn't any problem with the microwave. Like I have better things than to lose work to wait for one of their goons to come out, look at the microwave and scratch their head.

When I told him I had a video of the unit acting up, he didn't want to see it. Stay away from Jarvis. It is a low class outfit, with an even lower class owner.

When I called KitchenAid and told them what happened and my experiences with Jarvis, they immediately sent another distributer out with a new unit that has been working beautifully ever since.

Comments

• To
      21st of Apr, 2009

this is not a complaint with JARVIS APPLIANCE INC in Wellesley Mass

• Do
      18th of Feb, 2015

I agree with the above complaint. I too have had a bad experience with Jarvis's, Kevin. After buying thousands of dollars of appliances from him, we bought a dishwasher that has flooded our kitchen floor twice. The floor is now ruined and will have to be replaced. Their answer to this top of the line KitchenAid dishwasher's valve breaking twice is that it's never been this cold in the 32 years that we have had a dishwasher in the very same spot and therefore it is our house's fault and they won't pull the dishwasher out to see if any damage was done to the wall when they installed it. Now if you believe that we've never had this number of cold days in a row in 32 years, then Kevin has a bridge he'd like to sell you.
    DO NOT USE OR TRUST JARVIS. THEY ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE A GOOD CUSTOMER AT VERY LITTLE COST TO THEM.

• To