Jared Galleria Of Jewelers / 1 ct Diamond replaced with a fake !

1 TX, United States

In 2004 my husband gave me his late mothers 1ct diamond ring. Took the ring to Jared's had the diamond center stone 1ct VVS1
M color, excellent cut, and had them put it into a setting we bought there. Since then I have had it checked and replated with them according to the warrenty. (They always check to be sure it is a diamond and mark the flaws on my reciept.) I went into the store located in Hurst Tx on May 16, 2009 to have the prongs checked and replated. I was told when they checked the center stone it was not a diamond!!! I have all the GIA certs and every time I took it in it always tested as a diamond until now. No one else has ever worked on this ring. I never thought to have them reverify that it was a diamond when I picked it up. When I called their Corp. customer service, I was told that they could do nothing because I picked up the ring! I have done some checking to see what it would cost to replace with the same thing $12000.00. I am more upset about the sentimental value of the stone and the fact they don't seem to care that one of their employees stole my diamond.
CHECK TO BE SURE YOU ARE GETTING A REAL DIAMOND AND THAT IT IS THE SAME QUALITY BEFORE LEAVING THE STORE!!!

Ca