Jan's Boutique / Awful service

We drove 5 1/2 hours to look at dresses. I couldn't remember the business name. The problem didn't begin until Judy the manger started following us around the store. I had taken 3 picture of dresses my daughters had tried on and was told to stop. While my daughters who are minor were underdressing the clerks stood there with the drape open to watch them. My daughter said they pull the drape shut and the clerk open them again. We had been waited on by 2 clerks to begin with. I was looking at a dress and Judy the manger said that's a $3000.00 dress. Judy the manger stood there the whole time after the dress incident. My daughter is having a party and has 7 girls which are all minors. I can't take all 7 girls to NJ to try on dresses. So 3 pictures I guess was to much to ask for. Yes, we are of a different race and worn jeans. That is no excuse to be profiling in a company. They don't know who I am nor what I can afford. I got very Pissed off and got loud and ask who was waiting on us there was about 6 clerks plus Judy the manger. The girl who was attending to us was young and got scared and said me. When I told my daughters to get dress and told the clerk to get my information she never appeared to the front of the store. I walked back and here the clerks were talking about what happen instead of getting the information. So I ask who was the owner and Judy the manger said Jan and just gave me a card only. I ask were is the information I wanted and Judy the manger just wrote down purple 430 & 530? That was all none of the other dresses period. The card she first gave me did not have the owner contact information. So if your company wants to profiling then you have big problems. As far as Judy your manger thinks she must own the place. I lived in MT Laurel, NJ 38 years and never once treated like that.

Al

Comments

18th of Jun, 2012

On Thursday 6/14/2012, I sent an email to Jan's Boutique to see if they had a certain gown in stock. I received confirmation that they did indeed have the dress in the color and style that I wanted. On Saturday afternoon, In called the store to verify the presence of the dress. I believe that the man who responded to my call was Paul. I told him that I was making a 4hour trip (both ways) on Monday morning and wanted to be sure. He said, "if the computer says it's there it's there." On Thursday 6/14/2012, I sent an email to Jan's Boutique to see if they had a certain gown in stock. I received confirmation that they did indeed have the dress in the color and style that I wanted.

• Li
      12th of Mar, 2013

Yes, we were profiled to but, the sad part was i am the same skin color as the manager. They treat everyone like that. I surely agree I was never in my life treated like that and it will never happen again. I have turned them in though. The woman mad a huge scene because, I didn't want to look at dresses if my fiance wasn't aloud in their. It's rediculous!!!