Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems / Misleading and Fraudulent activity

1 CO, United States Review updated:

There are a lot of complaints about Jan-Pro. If you've read any other complaints it indicates that they give you contracts to clean buildings, that are not even worth the pay; you're basically working for minimum wage and working triple to double the hours that you would if you just got a normal job. It's all true. And trust me, you won't feel like a business owner, they'll make you feel like you're a worthless worker.

They will offer you cleaning contracts but they will be so ridiculas, that you have to turn them down. If you're lucky enough to get a cleaning contract that's worth your time, it'll only a couple of years, because Jan-Pro collect royalties, not profits, it is in their economic interest to sell more franchises for a large fee and give your contract away. Nearing your aniverseray Jan-Pro will go out of their way to cause you to lose your contract. If that doesn't work than they'll entice the owner of the building by lowering their price and giving it to a new frachisee. Once your not cleaning any buldings for them anymore, then they will avoid all contacts with you. The receptionist will pick up your phone calls but will indicate that the person you are requesting is away and a international conferance and won't diclose to you when they'll be back. If you call back, in a couple a weeks...same story.

Now, if you know about the small business frachise act (SBFA) and you browse through the contract you signed with Jan-Pro, it's misleading and fraudulent, violating several things indicated in the SBFA

Jan-Pro isn't worth your money or time. You're better off investing your money somewhere else, especially if you're looking to invest long term.

More Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Di
      15th of Jan, 2010

This person is just right.
    They did the exact same thing to me in San Diego Area.
    Right after my second anniversary date, they took my place from one day to another, saying just excusses of bad cleaning, but they were able to SELL ME another place.
    They already had a new franchisee to buy the place.
    I had to pay them over $11.000 thousand dollars for that place, and after two years of payinG 18.7% commision each month, wich equals two months of service per year, they just get another $11.000 thousand dollars from a new client and they will do the same thing after two years.
    pLUS WHEN THEY SEND YOUR TAX FORM, THEY DON'T DEDUCT THAT 18.7% FROM THE FORM.
    And it is true they tell you, that you are the business owner, but they treat you like you are a maid.
    You will be lucky if you get along with Paul Mascarenas, the operations manager, who can sell you vaccums and equipment under the table for some cash! He is stilling his boss!!

• Fr
      13th of Jun, 2010

I AM A FRANCHISE OWNER HERE IN COLORADO SPRINGS CO. I AHVE 1 EMPLOYEE AND WE HAVE TO CLEAN 7 DIFFERENT PLACES IN 1 WEEK MOST OF THEM ARE TWICE PER WEEK AND JAN PRO ALWAYS KEEPS 20% OF ALL MY CONTRACTS AND WHAT EVER I HAVE LEFT I HAVE TO PAY MY EMPLOYEE . I HAVE RECEIVED COMPLAINTS OF MY EMPLOYEE THAT WHAT I AM PAYING HER IS TOO LITTLE BUT I CANT AFFORD TO PAY HER MORE I JUST DONT WANT HER TO QUIT I AM AN ELDERLY PERSON AND SHE IS THE ONLY 1 THAT HELPS ME CLEAN ALL THE BUILDINGS FOR EXAMPLE OUT OF ALL THE 7 BUILDINGS I ONLY GET PAID $1123 PERO MONTH AND OUT OF THAT JAN PRO STILL TAKES 20 % AND I HAVE TO BUY MY OWN SUPPLIES AND PAY MY EMPLOYEE I PAY HER $600 PER MONTH I KNOW THAT IS NOT EVEN THE MINIMUM BUT I WOULD LIKE JAN PRO TO PAY ME MORE SO THAT I CAN PAY MY EMPLOYEE BEFORE SHE QUITS