JAN / TURKISH AIRLINE MISTREAT

1 IR Review updated:

Dear All,

This is to complain from Turkish Airlines.

Please check below correspondence.

We only want them to treat people respectfully.

M. Mehdizadeh in behalf of Dr. Hadi Zomorrodian

From: "HADI ZOMORRODIAN"
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:27 ?.?
Subject: re: ##808792#

Dear Madam/Sir,

''the procedure at airport was normal'' - no it was not.
''every passanger must present their documents at the passport control.'' - presenting docs is not equal to asking Who are you visiting in Canada? What is the purpose of your visit of Canada? Show us your invitation letter or hotel booking in Canada! How will you financially support yourself in Canada?
''The stuff has been warned about the treats but it was told that there is no mistake about the procedure.'' - they did not let me know their identity and hide their badges. They obviously humiliated passengers ( I have 3 more passengers who agree with me and will testify ).
''Due to the International Aviation Rules requires that every passanger has to be checked by the stuff at the passport control.'' - this sentence is acceptable but what in Istanbul airport they did was not normal checking.

Anyway, I have contacted our company solicitor ( who is in Bcc of this email ) and he will follow the issue. I suggest that instead of pretexting, bravely accept the fault and try to change, with all respect, the ridiculous procedure practiced to a standard and logical procedure.

As I am quite busy, for me the case is closed with no satisfactory response and my solicitor will follow the issue in my behalf. All what I wanted was preventing others to feel what I felt. I am sorry that you are dispassionate towards the offense you have caused for people...

From: [protected]@thy.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:47 ?.?
To: hadi zomorrodian
Subject: ##808792#

Dear HADI ZOMORRODIAN,

Required determinations have been done and the stuff has been presented their conviction about your complaint. It was told that the procedure at airport was normal and they told that every passanger must present their documents at the passport control. The stuff has been warned about the treats but it was told that there is no mistake about the procedure.
Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Kind Regards

From: "HADI ZOMORRODIAN"
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 02:30 ?.?
Subject: YNT: Your Message #793712

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am not satisfied with your response. I will be satisfied if upon my arrival in Istanbul airport on 25th from Toronto the 2 lady officers and the gentleman officer who disrespected me ( and other Iranians ) apologize from me face to face. In my view, this expectation is the minimum that THY can do.

If this don't happen, I reserve the right to seek legal advice and any other relevant channel available to seek remedy. At least this way even if I do not get a result, I feel satisfied because I have done what I could have done...

From: [protected]@thy.com
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 08:26 ?.?
Subject: ##793712#

Dear Mr. ZOMORRODIAN,

As we mentioned in our message before, please be informed that your complaint concerning the Gozen Security staff
behaviour has been conveyed to the Gozen Aviation Security Manager in order to prevent such complaints recur. Please
be advised that, the related staff has been warned in order to be more attentive while fulfilling her/his duty in a more
customer-caring & professional way.

We are sorry for the stiuation that led your complaint and hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you on one of
our flights in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Customer Relations Management
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.

From: "HADI ZOMORRODIAN"
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 03:37 ?.?
To: [protected]@THY.COM
Subject: re: YNT: Your Message #793712

Dear Dr. Kotil,

Thank you very much for your email and the courtesy and I do appreciate your attitude very much but as on 13th after what happened I had a very bad time for about 10 hours, I promised myself to do my best to push those officers feel the same inconvenience they caused for me ( and other Iranians ) so I insist on my request.

It may become a new play of ''Venetian Merchant'' but hopefully with a different ending.

From: [protected]@THY.COM
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 12:34 ?.?
Subject: YNT: Your Message #793712

Dear Dr. Hadi Zomorrodian.

I apologize for the inappropriate procedure you have been subjected to. I will personally look onto to the issue and make sure such problems never occur again.

Best Regard.

Dr. Temel Kotil
CEO
Turkish Airlines Inc.

Kimden: HADI ZOMORRODIAN
Tarih: 22 Agustos 2009 Cumartesi 05:21
Kime: CUSTOMER(Musteri Iliskileri Md.)
Bilgi: Miles & Smiles; CANDAN KARLITEKIN (Yonetim Kurulu- Yonetim Kurulu Baskani); HAMDI TOPCU (Yonetim Kurulu- Yonetim Kurulu Bsk.Vekili); [protected]@yahoo.com; TemelKotil; orhan.[protected]@dhmi.gov.tr; CEMAL SANLI (Yonetim Kurulu- Yonetim Kurulu Uyesi); CEMAL SANLI (Yonetim Kurulu Uyesi); MEHMET BUYUKEKSI (Yonetim Kurulu- Yonetim Kurulu Uyesi); MEHMET BUYUKEKSI (Yonetim Kurulu Uyesi); ISMAIL GERCEK (Denetim Kurulu Uyesi); ISMAIL GERCEK (Denetim Kurulu Uyesi); NACI AGBAL (Denetim Kurulu Uyesi); ATES VURAN (Denetim Kurulu Uyesi); ATES VURAN (Denetim Kurulu Uyesi)
Konu: Your Message #793712

Dear Madam/Sir,

1) ''Gozen Aviation Security'' is definitely not employee of Canada Immigration Office. They did what they did in behalf of and by the authority of THY as they claimed and I recorded.
2) ''Security procedure'' itself is not my complaint and I even appreciate security procedure because at least it secures my own ( and others ) safety. My complaint is from unstandard and with no logic procedure, the behavior of officers which were rude and humiliating, insisting on asking personal questions, a very stressful pressure combined with arrogance, not letting me know their identity and finally false advertisement of THY regarding its hospitality.

I assure you that if you do not satisfy me, I will do what ever I can do to feel the missing satisfaction. As a business owner with many contacts with media, I know how I can let your customers understand the true hospitality of THY comparing to the tempting advertisements.

Your staff have done something wrong and you are responsible for it.

From: [protected]@thy.com
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 03:04 ?.?
Subject: ##793712#

Dear Mr. ZOMORRODIAN,

We are sorry to learn from your messager dated August 17, 2009, your disappointment about Security Control at Istanbul
Ataturk Airport.

Referring to your message, please be advised that, most of the countries such as England, Usa, Canada and Israel have
strict rules on the application of visa, passport requirements and security controls. For those countries are being carried out
by '' Gozen Aviation Security'' which is a separate Organization on behalf of Turkish Airlines. As you know, the security
procedures are approximately same in all airports and it has to be for passengers' securities.

As you stated in your message, please be informed that your complaint concerning the security staff behaviour has been
conveyed to the Gozen Aviation Security in order to prevent such complaints recur and to warn the related staff to assist
the passengers more properly.

our flights in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Customer Relations Management
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.

From: [protected]@thy.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:43 ?.?
Subject: Your Message #793712

Dear HADI ZOMORRODIAN,
Referring to your file number 793712 please kindly be advised that your case is still under investigation and we will contact you in due time.

Thank you for your understanding.

www.thy.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "HADI ZOMORRODIAN"
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 04:35 ?.?
To: [protected]@thy.com
Cc: [protected]@thy.com, [protected]@thy.com, hamdi.[protected]@thy.com, [protected]@yahoo.com, [protected]@thy.com, orhan.[protected]@dhmi.gov.tr, [protected]@thy.com, [protected]@hukukburosu.org, [protected]@thy.com, [protected]@ziylan.com.tr, [protected]@thy.com, [protected]@olcuymm.com, [protected]@thy.com, [protected]@thy.com, [protected]@iticu.edu.tr
Subject: Formal Complaint

Mobile: [protected]

17 / 8 / 2009

[protected]@thy.com

[protected]@thy.com

To the customer relations manager,

Turkish Airlines,

Madam/Sir,

I would like to formally lodge a complaint regarding the behavior of THY security staff towards me in Istanbul airport on 13/8/2009.

I had a return IKA-IST-YYZ ticket. Reservation reference was 2ZLUM6 and ticket number was 3 235 [protected] 5. Upon arrival in Istanbul airport on 13th at around 9:15 AM after completion of TK1277, I was asked to go in a long cue for additional security checks. There I waited for more than 45 minutes.

It could be considered OK if the whole procedure had logic, the behavior of officers was polite and respectful and it would take maximum15 minutes but there was no logic, the behavior was rude and humiliating, they insisted on asking personal questions, it was a stressful pressure, they even did not let me know their identity and took more than 45 minutes.

The lady officer ( who did not let me know his name due to security reasons!?! ) asked me some questions which I considered ( and still consider ) not being her business as an airline employee rather than Canadian Immigration Office employee. When I questioned why she asks some personal stuff she replied we have to check both your passport and visa not to be fakes! I told her, logically there are 2 possibilities to check: 1) you have a common network with Iranian Passport Issuer Authority and Canadian Embassy/Immigration Office or 2) you just check based on the physical characteristics of the passport and visa and scan them for your further use/reference.

There has been no computer and we could see the officer ridiculously checking the passport and visa by trying to inspect all the written things in them line by line!?! Then after this practice, she left her counter to another counter where other officers were chatting and laughing while double checking the authenticity of my documents more delicately!?!

I told her that what they are doing is not a standard procedure and I asked to meet her manager. She forwarded me to another lady who also did not let me see her badge to write down her name and offensively told me if you want to flight, this is it!?! When I asked her to meet her manager who discloses his/her identity a young officer came and said I am the big big boss in THY and my answer to you is that this is the way we want it to be and you go and do whatever you can.

I told them ( and am telling you ) that for any not-standard procedure you have to prior to purchase of the ticket let customers know and during having it done have to be polite and respectful. I told them that I prefer to cancel my ticket rather than being treated that way and they said you can not as you have to pass this security control first to be able to proceed forward!?!

As a frequent traveler and a privilege club member of Qatar Airways, Lufthansa and Emirates, I express my deepest deepest sorrow from this treatment and I hold THY responsible for the whole story. I have been fooled by your false tempting advertisements.

I hereby seriously ask for compensation for the inconvenience caused by THY. If I do not receive a satisfactory response within 7 working days, I reserve the right to seek legal advice and any other relevant channel available to seek remedy e.g. through IATA, skytrax, BBC, CNN, Euronews, Bloomberg, Turkish Embassy in Iran, Iranian Foreign Ministry and Iranian Police.

Regards,

Un

Comments

• Ki
      Nov 18, 2009

I think this guy just like most Arabic passengers is just upset over nothing and fussing about normal stuff that go on everywhere in the world.

just wondering, if he claims to be a frequent flier with all the airlines he's mentioned there.what made him not travel with them in the 1st place.I think Turkish airlines is doing a great job ensuring the safety of all other passengers.Kudos and keep screening them.He might as well refund his return potion if he feels that the flight was unpleasant which i doubt.or better yet buy his own private jet.

By him claiming to be met and apologized to by the security staff i think that's crap, they have better things to do than come after a self centered person who has been apologized to already and has declined the apology.Poor Iranians why did this guy have to be one of you, is this what the quran teaches? i believe that you should forgive and move on and not dwell on the same issue over and over.Old man get a life or go hang

• Ay
      Sep 28, 2012

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاتة انا اسمي (ايمن محرم عبد الحميد) كنت مسافر الي باكو علي الطيران التركي من القاهرة وكان بتاريخ 11/سبتمبر وعندما ذهبت الي المطار اخذ مني الموظف المختص جواز سفري ملحق بة تذكرة الطياران المطبوعة من الميل الخاص بي وفعلا استخرج لي تذكرتان واحدة من القاهرة الي اسطنبول والاخري من اسطنبول الي باكو وعندما وصلت الي مطار اصطنبول وانتظرة ميعاد الطائرة الاخرة التي كانت الساعة التاسعة صباحة وجدت فرد الامن الخاص بشركة الطيران التركي بمنعي من السفر الي باكو بسبب ان الفيزا الخاصة بي تاريخها كان يبدئيوم 15 سبتمبر وقال لي ان لا يجوز ان تسافر علي متن هذة الطائرة الي بعد مرور اربعة ايام ممكن ان تقضيهم هنا في اي فندق او الاختيار الثاني ان تعود مرة اخري الي القاهرة فقلت لة كيف هذا وكيف الموظف المختص في مطار القاهرة لم يلفت نظري الي هذا الخطاء وكيف اعطاني تذاكر المرور من القاهرة وهوة يعلم ان في مطار اسطنبول سوف يمنعوني من السفر المهم رضيت بلامر الواقع ولاكن المشكلة هنا في الحقيبة الخاصة بي هية سافرة علي متن الطائرة المتجهة الي باكو ثم سئلت فرد الامن التركي قال لي لا تقلق بخصوص الحقيبة فهيا في انتظارك في مطار باكووعندما عودت السفر مرة اخري يوم 15 سبتمبر ووصلت الي مطار باكو وسئلت علي الحقيبة لا احد يجاوبني ولا اعرف اين الحقيبة الي الان فما الحل ارجو الافادة
    وتفضلو بقبول فائق الاحترام
    رقم التذكرة هوة [protected] /2 GROUP:A, وهذا ايميلي w.[protected]@yahoo.com
    رقم تليفوني في باكو هوة[protected]

• Wa
      Feb 24, 2013

Turkish Airline

Milano, Italy

SUBJECT: Redress of grievances and compensation for passenger’s losses

I would like to file a complaint for the redress of our grievances because of your company’s unfair policy and mistreatment that has caused me much loss, pain and anguish.

On Friday 21 Dec, 2012, I boarded the Turkish Air Line Flight No: TK 1896 for Istanbul, Turkey, scheduled for Departure: 3:00 PM from Malpensa Intnl Air port with arrival time 6: 45 am Istanbul Airport at 6: 45 pm. Then I had the connecting Flight on 21 Dec Turkish Airline at 8:00 pm and arrival at 4:30 am.

Following is the sequence of events.

•My flight for Istanbul departed late from Milan due to that reason, I missed my flight from Istanbul to Islamabad.
    •I wasn’t provided with the alternate flight instead I was made to stay till 24th Dec. The airline demanded 600 Euros for the new ticket or I would have stay till 24th Dec. I was treated unfairly and rudely and was threatened of dire consequences if I tried to do take any step against them.
    •I had to pay 60 Euros for the Turkish Visa, I paid for the Taxi fare since there was no service. I requested them to make some arrangements as soon as possible but they didn’t do anything except for paying for my hotel expenses though the service was very poor. I suffered a lot and became sick as well.
    •Eventually I was sent on Flight No: PK 710Y on 24th Dec for Islamabad.

I was going for my work holidays which were completely ruined. My extremely precious time was wasted which caused me physical, mental, psychological and financial losses and my family also suffered equally.

I would like to request a fair, reasonable treatment and response to my grievances from Turkish Air Line as a passenger and customer. I have accrued a financial loss of approximately US$2500.00 along with immeasurable Physical, Mental, Social and Psychological pain.

I hope the respective management will look into this matter and would take steps to compensate my losses at their earliest.

A copy of this letter is also being sent to the EU passenger Complaint office.

I would be expecting a response from your office within 30 days of this official complaint.

In case I do not hear from your office, I would be bound to take any legal action that I am entitled to take within my jurisdiction.

Regards,

JAN - loan
    balfour
    South Africa
    [protected]@gmail.com

Hi haf aplai for a loan I had pay the many for the cod bat I don't get the cod