James Smith National Real Estate Investors / Never Attended, Can't get to a course and can't get my $$ back!

1 2230 N. University Bldg 5Provo 84604, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-270-3357

My husband and I saw James Smith speak in Toronto, were impressed and signed up to do the 3 day course (had the offer to include our son as well)
The week before my husband had a 'life-threatening' injury that required a hospital stay and surgery. Getting to the course was impossible.

I contacted the company to let them know that we couldn't attend, and asked if they would email me the schedule so that we could attend the course at a later date. The email came with future dates and locations... however; all of them were more than 9 hours of driving in the U.S (we're Canadian)- this was crazy!
I kept in contact with the office via email to see if there would be another course coming our way - NO - nothing.

Less than one year later(11 months)- still no local dates, we decided to move on . We had started another business that has consumed our time and focus.
I contacted the office in Provo Utah to inquire about a REFUND, spoke to Sonya Hadley who worked in the 'resolution centre' - she passed me off to another man that
flat out refused to refund our money.

Now I've been searching everywhere for a web-site and can't find it to take it further, or contact them via email.

I have a book/binder etc... haven't looked in it - it's for sale $ 3400 (CDN) if you're interested!

Comments

28th of Oct, 2008

I had the same problem, except James Smith cancelled my event and they refuse to give me my money back. If anyone wants to talk to me about it you can reach me at 540-556-0994. Jamie Bailey And they only wanted to discuss it over the phone, they didn't want to converse via e-mail or mail. Makes me think shady!

• Le
      9th of Feb, 2011

First Comment; Please email me at pdmorris885@comcast.net. Interested in your package for sale.

• La
      12th of Apr, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. In that situation, I wouldn't have made it either. To be fair, though, there aren't many companies that will give you a refund 11 months into a 12-month contract (assuming they originally gave you a year to get to the course). It's too bad you didn't even get a chance to go through the materials they gave you, so you would at least have gotten something for your money and trouble.

• In
      25th of Dec, 2013

All those who would like to share their complaints and grievances about James M Smith James Smith Company or any of all other dealings can write their posts on James M Smith's Public Page on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=129794583857650
    This page can be used to reach all those who are dealing with James M Smith and to post attachments and pictures that will be available to all.