James Bruce & Eugenia Dishmon Eugenias Tiny Treasures / Fraud Dog Breeder

1 Rte 1 Paradise Hill PO Box 173Glen Fork, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 304-682-5630

My name is Maryam House, ; 1804 McKinley Ave. Anchorage, Alaska. Phone [protected]. I purchased 3 tiny teacup poodle puppies from James (Bruce) and Eugenia Dishmon that she advertised on www.puppyfind.com site as tiny teacup toys maturing at 3 lbs if that. She also says she raises them in her home in her living room and they are well socialized.

I ordered an AKC reg. black girl, an AKC phantom boy that was to mature about 2 lbs, a CKC reg red girl to mature between 3-4 lbs. I kept in contact with her by email as I did my payment plan and the puppies shipped Feb. 7, 2009. After she shipped dogs, I got an email telling me the black girl couldn't ship because she had a health problem, so she shipped me another red girl and hoped it was OK.

When the dogs arrived the phantom was 4 lbs and a small toy and the red girls were 4.5 lbs and 6.5 lbs and larger toys. I notified her immediately by email I was shipping them back and she told me she does not accept dogs back and does not do refunds for any reason. After I had paid her $3400 +$350 shipping she emailed me a sales contract saying she does not guarantee size or color or do refunds but by then I had already paid her all the money. I did not sign the contract she emailed, I just emailed her saying I would not hold her responsible for anything beyond her control.

The dogs she shipped me do not look anything like the pics I received by email when I bought the dogs. I received kennel raised dogs that were scared to death of people, that no one had even started to house train. I have always left food down at all times for my dogs, but I cannot do that now because these dogs gobble the food down like they are starving and eat until they get sick. In addition, they all had ear mites and she knew it and shipped anyway passing them along to the other animals in my house.

The dogs were advertised as registered dogs and did not arrive with papers. This breeder is a bait and switch breeder, using fraudulent advertising on the puppy find site emphasizing tiny teacups to charge high prices. I have every email that transpired between us and the pics she sent me for your review if you wish. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BREEDER, THE DOGS YOU GET WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THE CUTE PICS ON LINE AND SHE DOES NOT GIVE REFUNDS.

Comments

• Eu
      8th of Apr, 2009

EUGENIA & BRUCE DISHMON' PUPPIES Complaints - ONLY ONE WOMAN GIVING NEGATIVE & FAULSE INFORMATION CONCERNING THESE VERY NICE & HONEST PEOPLE!
    Review all EUGENIA & BRUCE DISHMON' PUPPIES complaints
    EUGENIA & BRUCE DISHMON' PUPPIES

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    EUGENIAS TINY TREASURES
    Glen Fork, West Virginia
    Phone: 304-682-5630
    eugeniastinytreasures.com

Maryam House contacted me and wanted to buy 2 red female and 1 phantom tiny poodle puppies, and wanted me to hold them for her until she could pay them off, so I told her I would, well they were 5 months old before she got them paid for, and I do raise my puppies in my living room, by the way, not in a kennel, anyway, when she finally got them paid for, it when it finally got warm enough in Alaska, I shipped them to her. She told me she was buying the puppies for pets, and may use them for breeding, I told her that they may be too small for that, well I had no idea she was planning all along to resell them, but soon as she got them, she sold them, and another thing, I have mailed the papers to her for the pups, I told her I would mail them, I don't like shipping them with the pups, they could get lost. When she resold them, she didn't get as much out of them as she wanted so she is trying to make me pay the difference, and I don't see where I am responsible for that. These puppies were tiny and beautiful, she also decided she wanted a black in the middle of everything, instead of one of the red girls, but she had already told me to hold her 2 red girls and the phantom boy, and that is what I held for her. She even got mad because they were not house broken.

SELLERS BEWARE...SHE SOLD THE BEAUTIFUL PUPPIES THAT I SENT HER AND GOT HER MONEY BACK THAT SHE PAID ME, NOW SHE WANTS ME TO PAY HER MONEY BACK ALSO, SHE SAID IF I DIDN'T SEND HER MONEY SHE WOULD SLANDER ME AND SHE IS, PLUS BLACKMAILING ME!

Submitted: 3/18/2009 12:04:45 PM
    Modified: 3/18/2009 12:41:40 PM
    Comments United States

• Am
      10th of Apr, 2009

MARYAM IS A FRAUD/ BUYS AND RESELLS PUPPIES!

No one should listen to this woman Maryam. She is a fraud and purchases purported 'teacup' poodles for resale in Alaska. She is dishonest and a fraud. Maryam tried to purchase poodles from me about six months ago. She asked me to hold them for her for at least 6 months so that she could 'pay them off.' What she was really doing, was posting the puppy pictures for sale in Alaska - AT ALMOST DOUBLE THE PRICE - for re-sale once the puppies are at least 12-15 weeks old. If not older. Maryam is a liar, belongs to a circle of puppy re-sellers, and should not be trusted. My guess is, she pre-sold the black phantom. When the black one was not shipped, she lost a re-sale. Maryam, you should be ashamed of yourself. One day you will be prosecuted for your unethical actions.

12th of Apr, 2009

Amanda is a Fraud. I have never contacted her to buy puppies and she lied. She posted on [redacted] from New Jersey and here she posts from West Virginia.

She is a friend of Eugenia Dishmon getting involved in something that she knows nothing about. I PROVED MY CASE TO PUPPY FIND TO GET MY REVIEW ON LINE.

Eugenia Dishmon will even ask friends to lie for her to defraud the public about the dogs she sells.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BREEDER SHE LIVES IN A WORLD OF LIES. EUGENIA DISHMON NOW HAS ANOTHER REVIEW ON PUPPY FIND SAYING SHE MISREPRESENTED SIZE AND SOLD A DOG WITH A SKIN CONDITION. REMEMBER THAT REVIEWS ON PUPPY FIND HAVE TO BE PROVED.
    Maryam

13th of Jul, 2009

MY FAMILY AND I ARE REALLY TIRED OF THE BASHING AND LIES BEING TOLD ON BRUCE AND EUGENIA DISHMON. I DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT TO RUIN THESE PEOPLE REPUTATION, AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN RAISING ADORABLE HEALTHY PUPPIES, FOR OVER 30 YRS., JUST BECAUSE ONE WOMAN WAS BUYING 3 PUPPIES OFF OF THE DISHMONS TO RESALE, WHICH WOULD NEVER BEEN SOLD TO HER, IF THE DISHMONS HAD KNOWN THIS, & JUST BECAUSE THIS WOMAN COULDN'T GET HER ASKING PRICE, AFTER RECEIVING THIS PUPPIES THAT THE DISHMONS WERE NICE ENOUGH TO HOLD FOR HER FOR 5 MONTHS, SO SHE COULD GET THEM PAID FOR, SHE TRIED TO DEMAND ALL OF HER MONEY BACK SHE HAD PAID THE DISHMON'S FOR THEM, EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD ALREADY SOLD THEM HERSELF. IF THAT ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, SHE HAS HAD A COUPLE OF HER FRIENDS ALSO LIE AND SAY THEY HAVE BOUGHT PUPS FROM THE DISHMONS, AND SAID THIS AND THAT WAS WRONG WITH THE PUPPIES THAT THEY HAD BOUGHT FROM THE DISHMONS, AND THEY HAD NEVER EVER HEARD OF THESE OTHER PEOPLE, MUCH LESS SOLD THEM ANY PUPPIES.

WE HAVE BOUGHT 3 PUPPIES FROM THE DISHMONS, OURSELVES, OVER THE YRS., AND NO WE DID NOT SEE THEM FIRST, AND THEY WE EXACTUALLY THE SIZE AND COLOR AS WE WERE TOLD, OUR DAUGHTER HAS ALSO BOUGHT PUPPIES FROM THE DISHMONS TOO, WITH NO PROBLEMS. I JUST DON'T THINK IT IS OK TO RUIN THE DISHMONS REPUTATION JUST BECAUSE ONE WOMAN GETS MAD, WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN RAISING AND SELLING VERY NICE, HEALTHY PUPPIES FOR AT LEAST 30 YRS.

ABOUT THE PROBLEM THEY RAN INTO WITH AKC, MRS. DISHMON, BECAUSE OF SOME DEVASTATING CIRCUMSTANCES TAKING PLACE IN HER SON'S LIFE, SHE HAD TO RAISE HIS TWO BABY DAUGHTERS, ONE WAS NEW BORN AND ONE WAS 2 YRS. OLD, FOR A COUPLE OF YRS., WHILE DOING THIS, SHE GOT BEHIND ON SOME OF HER RECORD KEEPING FOR AKC, THIS WAS THE REASON THEY SUSPENDED HER, FOR 10 YRS., WHICH WILL BE UP IN 2010. HER HUSBAND WAS NOT SUSPENDED. SOME PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET, I SUSPOSE ARE JEALOUS OR HAVE SOME KIND OF PROBLEM, THEY ALWAYS LIKE TO THINK AND TELL THE WORST THEY CAN COME UP WITH ON OTHER PEOPLE, BUT THEN THAT STARTS INVOLVING STUFF MADE UP AND LIES. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT MRS. DISHMON HAS AND WILL EXPLAIN THIS TO ANYONE THAT WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH.

PLEASE STOP TELLING LIES ON THESE PEOPLE AND HAVING YOUR FRIENDS TO ALSO!

20th of Jul, 2009

I posted the first complaint, after 1) I wanted to return the puppies immediately for a refund 2) Eugenia told me to resell them to get my money back and SAID she would make up the difference if I didn't get all the money back and then refused to do so 3) Eugenia shipped a substitute dog I didn't order without contacting me first and charged me $1200 for it and 4) I spent months trying to resolve before I went on line to tell my story. Eugenia LIES about her dogs to sell them, I should have been able to return them when they were not what I ordered. Eugenia defrauds the public to make money.

• Co
      23rd of Sep, 2009

If you check this site (AKC suspension list) :
    You will she that Eugenia Dishman was suspended by the AKC for 10 years. She is NOT legally allowed to own an AKC dog.
    She's not a reputable breeder.
    If you don't believe the web site, all you have to do is call AKC. They will confirm it.

• Th
      31st of Mar, 2010

Eugenia Dishmon was reported for running a puppy mill. Sarasota County has most of the pups in custody. See the link above.

15th of May, 2010

I can't help but be amazed that these people have been allowed to even have a pet of their own much less breed other dogs. I think there should be a national database..much like this one but more list type first then go to descriptions..bit easier but this site is great. I wish prior to buying my second pup I had known about puppy mills. I was so naive then, and esp for being over 50. In my nightmares I wish now I had not searched term puppy mill. I now feel physically ill at the images I saw.
    Now that I know, I am sure my second toy poodle was from one. I ordered her from Oklahoma through a "broker". I thought that was weird but each state is different.
    The poor little thing was so terrified but I thought it was from the traumatic flight and being away from her mum. But once at home she showed no fear of my maltapoo at all. He immediately took on a mothering personna with her. She is now my velcro baby at 1 1/2 and even if I had known for certain she was from a puppy mill...I would never had sent her back. I notified akc, ckc, that I thought this was a puppy millbusiness. I wish I could save them all but my house is not that big and we now have 5..hubbys 2 dobermans..my miniture poodle, my maltapoo and my toy poodle Lucy..from a probable puppy mill but raised with gentleness and lots of love..she has bloomed into thinking she is my personal doberman pinscher lol.

• So
      4th of May, 2011

Eugenia Dishman should STOP breeding and selling animals of any kind. She is dishonest and a horrible caretaker of any canine in her care. They are kept in cages 24/7 in her garage. An un-airconditioned garage. Because of the deplorable living conditions her dogs were found in, the Sarasota County Sheriffs Animal Control department had to take custody of 26 Maltese and Yorkshire Terrier dogs. I personally own #25, an adult female Maltese. When the officers brought her back to the shelter her ears had become so infected due to lack of regular medical treatment that both ears had to be surgically removed and she will be on a regimen of 3 antibiotics for the rest of her life. This is not a lie. It is fact. The vet bills I have incurred alone have been over $3500. And Eugenia could have prevented all of this if she would have been willing to spend $20 for proper medical treatment. There is a reason why the AKC has put her on suspension. She's a thief in my book. She should STOP running her puppy-mill business. Period. All she cares about is fattening her bank account, nothing else. Don't fall for her cons. She has no morals.