Jaguar / Car Repair

1 Station Road bush Industrial Estate Tufnell Park london N19 , London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 02075614860

On 10th Feb2011 I took my car to the service centre by recovery vehicule having a problem with a hard start, eg (engine tumbling but would not start) the engine was working properly, by phone they told me they got the car started and that they discover there was an engine knock, they went on to say they think the oil has bits in it (which was not true when I eventually saw the oil ), they also said there is smoke coming out from the engine.( which is also not true).
Upon going to the centre, they came and started my car, there was noise coming from every where, at that point I told them my car never had such a problem and they should make my car right.
Opon my return the next day
They had removed the crank case (oil pan) and the rock arm cover ( tarpet pan cover) I was shown by the man( Mark ) from the office the car's engine, there I noticed a shattered timing chain tentioner, there were no evidence of any gringing or metal pieces in the oil pan, the oil look perfect, at that point I ask if I can speak to the mechanic who carried out the work on the car, and was told I cannot speak to any one about the car but him, I then asked if they can replace the tentioner, he said to me they don't do that sort of thing and to get this car working good again it will need a new engine which will be about £5, 000.00 .

I told him I would not be able to afford that sort of money, he then agree to replace the tentioner which he said they did, which I don't believe thay did. because I was never shown the old parts replaced to me.

My car was working perfectly

In all I paid £278.40 to restart the car.
£493.00 to replace tentioner
A total of £771.40 My car never had an engine voise problem whatsoever The problem was a flooded caburator and they turned it into a greater problem, now the engine is in a total mess due to these people at Jaguar North One, I am not happy at all and need some one to look into this matter

Jeffrey Simon
40 Scales Road
London N17 9EZ
United Kingdom

Comments

• Da
      29th of Apr, 2011
    Jaguar - cars not being fixed rite
    pinkeys auto body
    120 west melvina ST
    Milwaukee
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 414/430/0971

not useing the jaguar tools when fixing the alunimom bodys or the special repair area has never been used ever nore the tools jaguar said you must use And they use my jaguar certifiction have not worked for them since Nov/2008 They do all Jenkins &Volvo &Jaguar repairs as well my paas work for jaguar is tasha an they keep renewing my certifictions