Jaguar Central Inc. / Buyers Beware!
I have a very similar/exact story as david42581 of Jupiter, Florida -- See /URL removed/ I entered an agreement with Jaguar Central (Mike Cummins) to purchase a fully/restored 1966 XKE in January 2007.
Car was delivered to me in June 2007. Mike Cummins and I went over an initial inspection of the car. Car was delivered with obvious problems. I could not drive the car because it would not hold a charge (obvious short in the electrical system). In addition, the front suspension not assembled correctly, there was a large oil leak at the pan, leak on clutch reservoir that caused damage to the paing (I was TOLD by Cummins Jags did NOT leak/seep any oil/fluids if put together properly like he did).
I told Cummins I would f/up with a detailed summary of items needing remedy (to be fixed) within 1-2 days by email. Cummins ASSURED me he would take care of any items I found. I was promised by Cummins that Jaguar Central was an honest family-owned company and all items would be completed to my satisfaction.
I did f/up by email with a detailed 'list' of 24 items needing to be fixed, some major, some minor. The car was sent to Jaguar Central 3 times over a 7 month period to remedy/fix the 'list' of 24 items.
The car was first sent to Jaguar Central one week after the initial delivery -- the car could not be driven. During the 7 weeks the car was at Jaguar Central, I would call Cummins once a week for a status. I was told each time the car was coming along fine and all items would be completed. Cummins told me he would drive the car 50 miles to ensure all items were completed/work out any problems.
After (Cummins) assured me all items had been completed, the car was returned to me. When I checked the car, I found not one item had been completed. I called and asked Cummins the obvious question -- what happened? He told me he was 'having employee problems'.
I encounted a similar set of events the second time the car was sent to Jaguar Central. A few items were completed. I was assured by Cummins the 'list' was completed. Test drive completed. No problems. Car was returned to me, I could still not drive because of the electrical and front end problems, 90% of my list not completed.
The third time the car was sent to Cummins to complete the 'list' was Oct 2007, I was told it would take about a week to complete all items. The week turned into 3+ months. Key items on the 'list' were never completed. Car was returned to me in Jan 2008, 75% of my list not completed. In fact, car was delivered with several nics on paint and a burr on the bonnet.
After 7 months of ongoing contradictory explanations, I ended my ordeal, realized Mike Cummins had no intention to complete my 'list'. Cost to complete my 'list' along with other items not properly done during the restoration was in excess of $15, 000 -- front suspension had to be reassembled, electrical work had to be redone, paint blistering due to poor prep, repaint the bonnet...