Jackson Hewitt / bad service

United States Review updated:

Jackson Hewitt is fraudulent, I applied for the rapid refund loan this year and was told they do not use credit I felt from the beginning that this was a scam and low and behold they charged me $320.00 and I was denied though I have never ever been denied before, the bank got $50.00 for denying it and Jackson Hewitt made off with the rest, I complained about it since the bank could not lose by denying it since they got $50.00 either way and Jackson Hewitt gets the fees for doing your taxes I am pissed off and will never ever use them again long as I live and I will make sure everyone I know hears about this bogus crap.

Comments

• Ye
      Feb 19, 2011

This was the first time That I file with Jackson hewitt. Let me tell it was not a good experience. firts my mom told the tax prepare that she did not receive mail at her house but on her post office the lady told her that the system wouldn't let her put her po box now my mom have not receive her state refund check. We call the office and they said she had to call the state to fix that problem i mean that why they are the tax prepares that why we pay them. Now my own bad experience I went to do my taxes and I apply to the RAL I call the next day they said I was not approved. I have done my taxes with H&R block and I was always approved. Then they charge so much money just get my taxes in two weeks I said that is fair because I could have gone to another office done it for way less money and get in two. I would have got a better service that what I got in Jackson Hewitt. I say this is the worst tax office I have ever been to. I never going back to Jackson Hewitt

• Dd
      Feb 19, 2011

Jackson-Hewitt does not have the capability of placing a post-office address in the IRS forms. The IRS requires a street address.

• Dd
      Feb 19, 2011

Again, regarding Jackson-Hewitt. The requirements to receive a RAL have gotten much, much tighter. You are lucky you went to J-H. H & R Block, per information provided to me, is unable to offer RAL's.

• Do
      Feb 20, 2011

There is no $50 fee for being denied a RAL. You should submit your issue to their customer support, they were very helpful for me when I had a problem - 800-234-1040.

• Ke
      Feb 03, 2012

I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt on Feb. 20th 2011, I got approved for ral and they told me i would receive the rest of my refund and my state refund with in 13 days...im still waiting for it. They keep telling me its because of the irs delays but irs is saying e-file isnt being delayed. Still charging me almost 400$ for quick return. I have 2 friends who filed their taxes thru someone else a week after me and have already received their state refund. Feel like im just getting the run around and one excuse after another.