Jackson Hewitt / bad business

Delaware, OH, United States Review updated:

I've been going to JH since 2017 and hadb't had any problems until I moved to Delaware Oh. in 2017. That office was completly incompitent and charged me for a city tax form that was never filed. I kept getting notices from the city saying that I never filed.

On top of that they didn't seem to catch the fact that Columbus was still charging me for an entire year and a half for taxes even though I did not live or work in Columbus anymore. When I asked them about it they said that was normal. I called the city and they said they have been wrongly taking taxes out accidentally and refunded my money after filling out a form. When JH was notified about this and I demanded some type of compensation for these 2 issues the woman became very rude. So I called the main office and told them what was happening and assured me she would be able to fix it. To make sure they'd fix it I put a stop payment on my check for that years taxes they had just done.

Long story short they never fixed the problem and just denied everything. Eventually a very nice lady at from the city helped me fix all the problems JH caused for FREE.

I will never pay that much money for those idiots to do my taxes again. It's a overpriced especially when all they do is enter numbers into their computer and don't pay attention half the time to what they enter. Even though it's a pain in my butt I'm just going to do my own taxes this year FREE of charge. I bet I'll even do a better job than JH.

Comments

• Tc
      Feb 22, 2009
    Jackson Hewitt - I was over charged!
    Jackson Hewitt

I was charged over a 1000 dollars in fees. I don't know how I got to owe them a 1000 dollars in fees. I got one loan from them, after they had denied me three times in the past. I don't know who to get in contact with to see why I owe all the fees. If I just got one loan from them for 300 dollars why do I owe almost a1000 dollars? They even charged me from last year to. I just don't understand. Please can I get some help to figure this out? They have people working for them getting loans in people names and keeping there money.

• Js
      Mar 02, 2009

Please contact us - we will try to help you but cannot make any promises - there will be no charge for helping.

Swanson Quality Service - www.swansonqualityservices.com 815-284-2500

• Mi
      Apr 16, 2009

I can't believe this. I just found out that Jackson Hewitt does not always file tax returns as they state they will. Is there anybody from Colorado Springs, Colorado, who has had trouble with Jackson Hewitt not submitting tax returns for them???

• Up
      May 02, 2009
    Jackson Hewitt - Business tax
    Fastest Services Inc
    West Palm Beach
    Florida

On January 2017, I spoke with a Jackson Hewitt office (Okeechobee and Military Taril in WPB FL) to set up an appointment to do my taxes for the year of 2017, they kept all my information, my documents, my personal and business statements, and I was suppose to receive a phone call from the person in charge of doing my taxes. When Feb. 09 came, I called, I visited the office where I left my file, they kept saying that the CPA was in the process of finishing my 1120 S, I waited another month, On March I began to worry about my taxes, they were due on March 15, 09. After making several phone calls, and several visits, they told me that they ask for an extension and no to worry for the following week I should be with my business taxes done, and ready for my personal taxes.
    Well, on April 5th, the person in the office said: “We don't want to do your taxes now; I'm giving you your documents back".
    So, I had to run and get someone more responsible and serious to do the job they were supposed to do. Now I wonder why they couldn't say at the beginning that they were too busy or whatever reason they had to not do my taxes. There are a lot of tax companies out there, there is no problem for me to look for someone else, but you can't just keep me waiting for 3 months, waste my time, and make me pay double to someone else and do my taxes in a big rush before April 15, 09 which is the last day for personal taxes.
    I would not recommend that company for business taxes to anyone, they may do your personals, but not business, looks like they need to look for some other CPA (not a Jackson Hewitt Rep, ) to do it for them.

• Da
      Mar 16, 2010
    Jackson Hewitt - Tried to slip in extra fee
    Jackson Hewitt

After getting my taxes done she said it would be$272.i wrote a check.when signing for my tax returnes there was a form that had gold guarantee on top with a fee of $40 .i ask what it was.they explained i said i didnt want it.tried to talked me into to it.they refunded my money from the $272.i dont like the fact they tried to sneek in a form without asking me from the beginning.wish i didnt let them do my taxes.by the way they are located in walmart.that should have been a red flag.

May 17, 2010
    Jackson Hewitt - Dissatisfaction
    Jackson Hewitt

I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt in Lancaster SC. on Jan 29th and still have not recieved a return!I am eligible for the $8, 000 first time home buyer tax credit plus my state and federal return. I have been back to check on the the status and one person tells me something and another tells me something else. Pretty much I've been getting the run-around so to speak. I was relying on this money to get my house set up. On two seperate occasions I was told I would recieve a return in 6 wks. Another person told me 26wks. Quite frankly I am pissed and will not deal with Jackson Hewitt again after this year.