Jack in the Box / commercial in spanish language

For 3 weeks now one of my favorite shows on tv runs a commercial for jack in the box. No problem Except the commercial is run in spanish only! Are you kidding me. The channel I watch is all in english so why would I want a commercial in spanish or any other language for that fact. I called Jack in the box regional and district and they still have not pulled it or changed it to english Last time I checked this was America, Talk about not reaching your target audience and insulting the generations of Americans aho came to this country and learned english. JAck in the box is boycooted by everyone we know now. Yes its a fact we have a lot of mexicans in this country but why am I having their language shoved down my throat.

Comments

• Ti
      22nd of Feb, 2010

No joke...when reading this complaint, there was a dish network ad on the page in spanish.

• Re
      10th of Mar, 2011

Yes, when I too saw this commercial - I was completely discouraged and upset to the fact this is allowed to happen here. After all, this is America right or at least It was the last time I checked. I agree if I wanted to learn a second language, mainly Spanish, I would. But to have to sit through a commercial in our country and have to listen to that is truly UN... AMERICAN!

Who do we need to contact to get this crap off American TV's?

• Re
      10th of Mar, 2011

It may not be in the Constitution, nor in any amendments. But, it still doesn't make it right in some peoples opinions does it td577. Guess what I am trying to get at that in some ways if this does not make Americans feel somewhat upset or offeded, then I guess we as Americans have truly lost touch with who we are. Personally, I was born in America therefore I am American and speak the language this country taught me... which is (wait for it) ENGLISH! Lived here all my life. Also, I Speak German and French fluently - so picking up a fourth language such as Spanish is not the issue. Its the morals we have as Americans we need to uphold - If I wanted to watch Spanish commercials - I would move south of the border now wouldn't I?

By the way according to a U.S. English website I stumbled across, the following states have existing official language laws on their books: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wyoming. Look at that... your own state of good ol' North Dakota has the law on their books. Interesting!

Don't get me wrong td577 - I am fully aware America consists of North and South America, and english is just one of the languages spoken on this continent. But come on, this is still our America, that's if you are truly American. The Mexican heritage feels just as strong about this issue and their country... so is it so wrong that we Americans feel so strongly about ours?

• Am
      9th of Aug, 2011

I live in Washington state. My husband and I just watched a jack in the box commercial all in Spanish. I am truly offended. I can understand these conmecials on HISPANIC TELEVISION and some Spanish commercials by the Mexican boarder. But by the CANADIAN BOARDER??!!! ridiculous.
    it needs to be pulled off English only channels and aired only on Hispanic television channels.
    I now will not eat at jack in the box and will spread the word to family and friends to boycott eating there as well.

• Am
      3rd of Jun, 2013

This is disgusting; have some respect for America. Stop rejecting what our family member have fought and died for. Bring ur culture add to our melting pot- but, if u don't like our hard work, English, and morals please go back to ur home. I'm tired of these commercials in Spanish for target- not shopping there anymore-

• Op
      8th of Sep, 2014

"Maybe" Jack in the Box is letting people know who their target audience really is. Most of the workers at the Jack in the Box locations that I have gone to are Hispanic, which I think is discriminative, especially when the people who purchase their food are extremely diverse in race. "If" Jack in the Box prefers or favors Hispanics over other races, maybe they should be honest about it and just post it on their website and doors. That way people can take their business/money elsewhere.

• Pe
      29th of Dec, 2015

I came here specifically because I just had an experience at Jack In The Box. I live in a predominately Black neighborhood. I went to Jack In The Box and noticed through the drive-thru that every worker was Hispanic. Then it dawned on me that every Jack In The Box that I go to in the Los Angeles area has mostly Spanish workers and it seems like they choose the one with the thickest accent to work the drive-thru. It definitely seemed discriminatory so I decided to go online and see if anyone else noticed this. I officially will not be eating at Jack In The Box until they change things.