Jacinthe / Stole my clothes I put for consignment

1 2020 Locust StreetPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (215) 545-1628

I am an x-model. I took all my high-end runway clothing, including a fur coat and diamond/white gold cross, to her shop to sell. She told me I had to pick it up (while I was out of town). I emailed her a lot to try to make arrangements to pick it up, and ultimately had to ask a friend to pick it up for me (since I was unable to get it myself).

The owner only paid me $20 our of the hundreds of dollars she owed me, claiming she charged me early pick up fees (which I would not have incurred had she told me the right date to pick it up, instead of putting me out of my way to pick it up right away). I told her that, and she laughed and said 'so sue me, i'll win, i always do.'

She is a rip off artist, and people should be careful of doing business with her. I really needed that money for medical bills and those clothes she stole had sentimental value to me--I would not have parted with those clothes had it not been for me wanting to pay for medical bills.

Wh

Comments

30th of Jan, 2009

This is the owner of Jacinthe. I recently googled online reviews of the shop and found this. I'm not going to go into details, but it suffices to say that:
    1. this client did not carefully read the consignment contract she signed, which was a standard document prepared by a lawyer
    2. it hardly matters for new clients, as the shop currently operates on a resale rather than consignment, basis
    3. the store has never been sued for anything, period, as can be shown by philadelphia court records . . . the comments attributed to me regarding lawsuits are false and defamatory
    4. the matter was brought up by the reviewer to the Better Business Bureau, which investigated and decided the dispute-- entirely in Jacinthe's favor. doubtless further commentary or documentation on the matter can be provided by them.

One thing I've learned in business is that you can't please everybody, no matter how hard you try, especially those with unrealistic expectations about the value of used clothing. I and my staff are far happier operating on a resale basis (we pay cash for clothes by appointment) because people can make the decision upfront about whether selling their clothes at our low prices is worth it to them, rather than regretting their decision later, attempting to renegotiate terms after the fact, changing their minds while garments are on the salesfloor, or attempting communication, negotiation, or threats through third parties, as in the situation above. We aim to please, but are straightforward and uncompromising in our dealings-- no one client gets better terms for selling or prices for buying than the next, or the last. We always pay the highest prices in the region for the best vintage and designer clothes, upfront, and invite you to do business with us.