J2global / Lost business

1 706 Green Bay RoadGlencoe, IL, United States Review updated:

This company is likely in violation of FCC regulations. We used them for their virtual service, multiple extentions. On numerous occasions the system just shut down, or reset all our settings to default. Customers could not reach us, or leave messages. Numerous calls to tech support yielded nothing but apologies and they outsource their call center somewhere outside the US. I asked them politely to port our toll free line away and they told me that "we decided recently not to do this". This company is a sham, and they gladly take your money.

Fr

Comments

• Fr
      20th of Apr, 2009

We have had a terrible experience with onebox trying to steal our 888 number. We had service with another company (tollfreeexpress) that was taken over by onebox. The services we had with tollfreeexpress do not work now and they have refused to port our number away even though we had no agreement with them. We have filed a complaint with the FCC and are still trying to get our number away from them.

• Er
      5th of Mar, 2011

Please, do you know if did Onebox take much time to cancel the credit card billing?

• Er
      9th of Aug, 2011

Dear Mr./Madam, I am japanese living at work in Brazil. There are several friends in US that I would like to talk more frequently to. So, I reactivate my NYC phone number and arranged to "ONEBOX.COM" to forward all call that I could receive to my cell phone number in Brazil.
    Well, for personal reason, I decided to cancel the service. In their advertisement they said about "free 30 days trial period..." FAKE!!!
    By several times I contacted Onebox.com by e-mail and by phone to cancel the service within "one or two weeks". HOWEVER THEY DO CHARGED MY AMEX CREDIT CARD! SO I WAS OBLIGATED TO CANCEL THAT !

Honestly, this was the first time that I had trouble with an US company!

All the times that I tried to contact them by their 'Chat', there was only one attendant: "Ms. Myriem Guessous". Myriem works on "J2 Global Communications" that owns to the same business group...

THE MAIN QUESTION: "I HAVE CANCELLED THE SERVICE IN GOOD TIME (LESS ONE MONTH). HOWEVER, ANOTHER COMPANY, IN CALIFORNIA (HOLLYWOOD) had CHARGED ME! ONE COMPANY THAT I NEVER HAD HEARD about BEFORE!

SO, BEWARE! RUNAWAY "ONBEBOX.COM", "http://www.j2global.com/".

God save US and keep it away from these kind of companies to keep safe his good looking regarding to honesty and liability!

Very sincerly,