J. Morris Construction - Millsboro, DE / Poor workmanship

You should think twice before hiring this company. J. Morris Construction has a reputation of doing shotty work and not completing his projects. When I had them back in 2006 complete an addition to my home we had nothing but problems. Inexperienced workers drilled holes in our existing part of the home. Mind you, they never repaired them. We agreed on a certain size for one of the rooms in the addition, it turns out it was shorter then contracted and there was nothing he was going to do to fix it. J. Morris Construction had over 10 building code violations including not following submitted roofing plans (trying to beat the system). I spend over $45,000 for a project that wasn't complete. I ended up firing this company due to all the problems. Then the contractor even filed a false collection claim against me with a collection agency. So this company is even committing fraud. Don't be a victim like I was. If you want your dreams to come true all you will get is nightmares with the company.

Comments

Jo
  23rd of Jan, 2008

David Eppler is by no means, telling the truth. Yes, I did have a kid that cut a small slit in the wall with a sawzall but the homeowner termintated the contract before I could repair it. David didn't tell you that we gave him more square footage at no extra charge. The reason for being shorter was that 'his' original dementions did not match the house (but we made it work anyway). There were a few code issues 'that three previous inspectors overlooked', but ALL were repaired by us and ALL, passed inspections before David terminated contract. Roof trusses passed also. When a customer doesn't pay their bill, I have no choice but to file with a collection agency.

David Eppler of Newark Delaware, did not mention some other things. He filed a complaint with the BBB and they dropped it (due to false information).

He even filed a formal complaint with the State Attourney General. I faxed them the inspection report (that stated 'ALL work passed') and Davids Letter to me that said 'I've been officially fired'. They dropped the case also. They told me a case has never yet been opened and closed so fast. They understood that David was only doing this to try and get out of paying a bill.

It's ashame that people treat people this way. Here's a guy who is now using his new addition (completed by others) and he never had to pay for the insulation, gutters and downspouts, dryer venting extra square footage and a few other minor things.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like and I can tell you all about it.

There are ALWAYS two sides to every story. I didn't even know about this webside or the letter here from David Eppler, until one of my old customers told me about it. But she loves us and has refered our company to others.

John