J & K Warehouse Direct / Terrible experience

1 747 Pittston Street 2nd FloorAllentown, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610-435 0425

J & K Warehouse Direct [protected] I viewed an advertisement in the norther berks merchandiser newspaper for the following: Bedroom Set: 7 pc cherry queen set. Brand new in boxes w/warranty. Valued at $1200 will sacrifice for $499. Can deliver. [protected]. I made contact with this company and was put on hold many times. They did not know which set I was talking about. They explained to me that they have a 'FRIEND' that has an overstock of furniture and they are helping this person out. I asked questions about the set that was for sale, the sales person did not know what was the '7' piece set. She put me on HOLD and asked the BIG BOSS, John Stagg what was included. I was told it was a mirror, headboard, footboard, dressor, chest dresser, and 2 night stands. I explained that I was interested in the above noted and they stated that I needed to make an appointment as they were chewing on food while speaking to me. We agreed on 5pm on 12/10/2007. After a 1 1/2 hour drive in the rain, I arrived there at 4:50pm. Upon entering a VERY COLD waiting area the door rang that I was present. I stood at the window for 5 minutes waiting for this women to look up. she was so busy text messaging, she was not aware of her environment. I rang the bell to get her attention. She still did not acknowledge my presence. Finally, after 15 minutes of waiting, I knocked on the window. I stated that I had an appointment. She said oh yes, he will be with you shortly and I will let him know you are here. She continued to do her text messaging and let me sit in the cold room with no worries at all about the business. Then, I was pushed by the secretaries daughter that ran into the waiting area with no respect. She had brought her mother dinner and was extremely loud that the mother had to tell her to be quiet. Finally, The BIG BOSS with a pimp Hat on came out and showed me this furniture that I had requested to view. A VERY big disappointment! There was NOT 7 pieces as stated. They stated that is was worth $1200, this is a lie. These items were very low quality and nothing what was described to me over the phone. This man, John Stagg has his secretaries lie for him and state that there are 7 PIECE SET which they are not. I looked at other furniture that was there in this warehouse, all was low quality at a very high price. I was not going to waste anymore time with this so called company. I stated to this man that I was not interested, thank you. He gave me an attitude when I stated that I thought it was going to be better quality. He stated, what do you want for $499. Is this good business talk? He is right out of the city streets and is not worth your time or money to go there. WASTE OF TIME! Very dissatisfied that I traveled to a warehouse full of lies in the middle of Allentown City. Shame on you John Stagg for running a dishonest business!

Va

Comments

Jo
  28th of Oct, 2008

(PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS COMPLAINT WAS POSTED ON 10/8/2008 ON AN INCIDENT THAT TOOK PLACE 12/10/07)

Its always quite interesting to read both positive and negative opinions of ones business. It can, at times, be quite enlightening and truly informative. Unfortunately, in this case neither is applicable.
In response to 'Concernedconsumer', this person does make a few accurate statements. Yes, we do advertise a 7 pc. bedroom set at the price point of $499. Yes, it is brand new and suggested retail is $1200. We can deliver for you and it is delivered in boxes. This 'concernedconsumer' goes on to state that 'there was not 7 pcs. as stated'. My question to you is, can you count? The set includes dresser, mirror, chest, nightstand, headboard and 2 pc. bedrail system. Last I counted that was seven pieces and that is what you and every customer is shown. Did I miss something? Or better yet, did you?
Yes, it is true we work by appointment only which is how we have decided to structure and control our traffic flow and hours. Is there a problem there? Most customers are delighted in the fact that they work one on one with us with no distractions.
Yes, there is a possibility that you might have been put on hold for a minute or two when calling in. This time of year we are quite busy and bringing on new employee's to handle the extra business lends its way to some confusion on their part. Instead of giving wrong information, they will put the customer on hold to ask a more tenured employee the answer to a specific customer question. Sorry if this was problematic for you. You seemed to have many issues. Maybe the issues are more within you then the people who, unfortunately cross your path.
When you entered our warehouse you were welcomed and told to wait one minute and I, John, would be out to bring you through the warehouse. Its the same dialogue with every customer because the whole sales process from the initial phone conversation to dealing directly with a sales rep, in this case me, is all scripted. The particular woman who you dealt with at the window is in her 60's and though she owns a cell phone, Im pretty sure she doesnt even have a clue what texting is or how its done. Even if she did, it is extremely doubtful if she would ignore a customer in front of her face to finish her text message. How absurd is that?
Incidently, we work out of a warehouse. Hello, yes it is cold, its December!!! Im really sorry you chose to come down to our warehouse in the middle of 30 degree weather. We promised you the opportunity to purchase a 7 pc. bedroom set not a balmy, climate controlled environment. Maybe you should have been shopping in a more traditional shopping arena where its a perfect climate controlled environment and they serve refreshments. Our customer base typically is just looking for a good buy (fluffy frills not included and not needed). I guess you were just confused.
Oh, and yes, I do sometimes wear a hat. Sorry if that offended you. I can assure you, its a gentlemans hat and is strictly used to keep my bald head warm in the warehouse. Last I looked it did not portray any 'pimp' like characteristics unless I utilize the optional peacock feather but to date I have left that at home for fear that my true career aspirations as a 'pimp' might be known.
Bottom line is this individual was given the same respect we give to all customers. They made an appointment to see a 7 pc bedroom set in a warehouse full of overstock furniture discounted to the public at great prices and this is what they were shown. No where in our ad does it specify or elude to quality, comfort, design, make, model, luxury level etc. etc. etc. Is this set 'Thomasville' quality? No, and we dont pretend or elude that it is. It is strictly entry level and it will not be a set that will be for all level of consumers. Hence the price of $499??? Im not sure what you were expecting but I cannot affect the impression a very simple ad had on you. You are accountable for your own interpretations and expectations, not us. On the flip side, we sell many of these same sets to folks that are extremely happy with the price and the quality. Maybe you were not, different strokes for different folks I guess. We carry merchandise at all price points to meet all tastes, quality demands and pocket books. Im very sorry that this 'concernedconsumer' didnt find what most of our customers deem an awesome deal.
To 'concernedconsumer' I say-SHAME ON YOU INDEED! How dare you smear our business name and ethics on a public forum with your ludicrous and ridiculous accusations and fabrications. Not to mention the personal insinuations that you have made directly at me!
If you didnt find our merchandise to your liking, that is your opinion but you were treated with 100% integrity. Do not fabricate events to embellish your own disapointment and then try to discredit me or my organization. If I even so much as read any negative insinuations and slanderous remarks from you about myself or my organization on any public forum I will expeditiously begin legal proceedings against you. I know who you are. Have a great holiday!

Best Regards,
John Stagg
President
J&K Warehouse Direct

Submitted: 9/4/2008 8:16:15 AM
Modified: 9/4/2008 9:23:23 AM

Fu
  8th of Jul, 2009

I read this complaint but still wanted to check out J&K ourselves. We were treated fine. Their prices were very good and we have been shopping around quite a bit. Unfortunately we didnt purchase anything on that visit (we are looking for something very specific) but we will be going back again for future needs. John helped us and he was very easy going and a pleasure to deal with.

The Renolds