J 76 Casual Wear in Metrotown / Defective product

1 4700 kingsway unit 2265Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-4351868

I would like to file a complain of the unsatisfactory service of "J76 Casual Wear in Metrotown". I purchased a top from this store on June 27th, 2008 and the zipper fall off after. I brought back on July 5th to get exchange the one without zipper because of the defective merchandise.

The manager, Ms. Mija Lee, was refused and said that it was "my fault" to break the zipper she can only give me the same one. I told her that because I don't live in Metrotown area and it cost me to come from my house to the store, I just wish to get the one without the zipper defect for the same amount of price I paid. She refused and her customer service was poor by saying that "it is your fault to break it" "what is your problem?"... etc.

Her verbal misrepresentation make me very unsatisfying and unhappy. I told her I will file a complain and her act is not follow by the Canadian Consumer Regulation. (I was documentary at the same time.) She said she does not care of the Canadian Law only her store policy "exchange same item, not others." (In fact, there is a sign display at her store "no refund but exchange" Didn't say must to be the same item.)

I felted that this company's ineffective warranties was making a damage of the consumer market, it is truly a defect of the product, and the manager was not dealing with the customer by providing exchange policy. Not only that, her customer service skill was poor and accusing me to "break the zipper by myself" is not acceptable. I would seek for formal apology from this company and the manager.

Thanks for your kind attention,
Angelina.

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I don't think she owes you an apology for anything. She did offer you an exchange so I don't see why you said she's not honouring her exchange policy. If the zipper was the only thing wrong with the top I don't see why her offering the same top as an exchange to be unsatisfactory.

• Yu
      20th of Oct, 2008

To me, offering the same top again to u its kinda of satisfactory. But considering she said "it is your fault to break it" "what is your problem?"... etc., its kinda of mean and impolite to say tat to a customer. Its like she is accusing you for doing it so that you can get free stuff. Wonder how they make sales from this kind of customer service and this kind of products.

sometimes cheap clothing have BAD qualities!

• Ko
      27th of Feb, 2009

i agree J76 is a crappy store. The associates are useless and the managers are rude. J76 is a blatant rip-off of Lululemon. There is no denying it there.

• Ic
      15th of Oct, 2009

Definitely agree! J76 is a crap store. The managers are insane, especially that Mija Lee woman. I once walked into the store looking for a simple hoodie, asked for a size and she was already pulling different items for me to try on. After I tried on the hoodie, I handed in back to her, she inspected it and tried to sell me other stuff. PUSHY, PUSHY. When I turned to leave, I heard her grumble. I also heard her yelling at the sales associates to do stuff. why the hell would you do that in front of customers?
    Btw, they watch you like a HAWK when you're just browsing the store.
    The idea of them still being in business baffles me. Cheap knock-off of LULU!

• Bu
      4th of Dec, 2011

Totally disagree! I just went to the shop yesterday. The customer service was great! They asked me if i needed help, unfortunately i didn't at that moment. They didn't watch me like a hawk! When I needed help, they were so helpful! The quality can't compare with other stores because it's a lot better! The pants I got at least 4-5 years ago are still in a very good condition unlike the one I got from other store. It already look like a crap! Definitely go for J76 first! They have such reasonable price! I can get 2 pairs from there and only a pair from other stores. Also, they are having a 2nd item 50% off promotion right now. That's even a better deal! I just love their clothing with good quality! Would you go for a logo with poor quality or a reasonable price with good quality?

• X0
      5th of Dec, 2011

disagree . .
    obviously you got the wrong impression that they were watching you like a hawk? people who work in customer service have a job to do and that is to be there for whatever you need and when i was in the store they were clearly watching me to see what kind of items i was looking for and they were very helpful.
    lulu lemon knockoff ?? just because lulu lemon has yoga wear doesnt mean that every other place that has yoga wear is "knock off" .. i have a pair of lulu lemon pants and they didn't even last a year, so get your facts right . i've been buying j76 items for the past 6 years and i have not once found anything to complain about, i could buy 2 or more items that last a long time, instead of one item thats expensive just because it has a popular name? and doesn't even have good quality. its frusterating to see that people get sucked into name brands, you really don't know anything about quality and good customer service ! I've never had a bad experience inside this store nor do i have any complaints whatsoever.

• Ks
      6th of Dec, 2011

Of course if an item is defective you want to exchange it but I dont see how offering you the same item for an exchange is unacceptable to you. A few years ago, I had the same problem (defective zipper) with one of my jackets i bought and took it back to the store. They fixed it for me no problem. The products here are just as good, if not better than Lululemon at half the price. I have been shopping here for at least 4 years and the sales associates here have always been very polite to me. I have even brought my family and friends here to shop and they love it too.