iwinwhitening.com luminousbrites.com / Unauthorized Charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:

In September 2008 I responded to an unsolicited email from www.iwinwhitening.com advertising a teeth whitening product. I ordered the product for $4.99 and it was sent to me.

In October 2008 the same account I used to purchase the whitening product was debited by the same company, www.iwinwhitening.com, for a larger supply of the product in the amount of $88.97.

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE COMPANY TO DEBIT MY ACCOUNT FOR ANY PRODUCT EXCEPT THE TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT AND GAVE NO ONE IN THE WORLD PERMISSION TO USE MY ACCOUNT FOR ANY PURCHASES WHATSOEVER AFTER THE ORIGINAL ORDER OF THE TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT PURCHASE.

Calling their office number: [protected] resulted in a conversation with a customer service person who told me that because I did not "cancel my membership" after the initial order they sent the subsequent larger order and billed me for it. He told me to send an email to support@luminousbrites.com requesting to be removed as a "member" and that I could take up the billing issue with the support person responding to me email.

I did not become a member of any sort with www.iwinwhitening.com or with "luminous brites" at any time that I am aware of. As of this writing, although I sent the requested email to support@luminousbrites.com I have not heard back from them.

James Jankowski

Comments

Sa
  10th of Oct, 2008

This gentle man is exactly right, this just happened to me same resultes, the phone say they will cancel a subscription I never agred to and now you can fight with them on line to try to get your money back. I willbe complaing to the Better Business people. I am amazed the company that sells Crest toothpaste is involved with something like this.

Ch
  17th of Oct, 2008

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AND TRYING TO TO GET A REFUND IS IMPOSSABLE. WHAT A SCAM!!! I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEM TO MY ACCOUNT AND AM NOW DEALING WITH OVERDRAFT BANK FEES!

El
  20th of Oct, 2008

I want my refund back and I never ageed for u to take money from my account.So refund my money and cancelle this program I called the # and cancelled and then they said I was to contact u to get my refund back.

De
  23rd of Oct, 2008

The merchandise (lWINWHITENING86644 - $88.97) was sent to me without authorization. I returned it the next day. This also caused me an overdraft of $35.00. I want my money - $123.97 - returned immediatly.

Gl
  26th of Oct, 2008

I am also very upset at this company. Same story ..I never agreed to this and they just deducted $88 dollars from my credit card. This is fraudulant business practice and I am going to turn this in to the better business bureau and the online business assocition. I encourage everyone to write in so this does not happen to anyone else

Ed
  27th of Oct, 2008

On October 27th I canceled the product and then notified my bank of the fraud that is going on.I have a block on my account at Bank Of America We will see

Ca
  30th of Oct, 2008

I also have been scammed by this company with an unauthorized charge to my credit card, have performed each hoop that has been required and am left with no refund- I am angry and will continue to pursue this"company"

Ka
  1st of Nov, 2008

I have filed a complaint with the BBB.org, I suggest everyone do the same. I too have been scamed. They refuse to send you a RMA# to return product & are very rude to you on the phone. Telling you to go to luminousbrites.com/cancel, unable to do so. I can't beleive these people can get away with this!!!

Vs
  2nd of Nov, 2008

They did something that was worse. I saw on my bank sheet that more money was taken out $3 & change. Then I got a call from my bank, the fraud section and they said that someone was taking more money out of my account ($100), but they caught it and stopped it immediately. Thank heavens my bank have people who do this all day long. They said that they were watching this company. What was taken out was the 3.25 and then $1.oo then the next deduction had the same numbers except for the last 4 didgits and the beginning name was von... I have that info elsewhere. But my bank took care of it and I have a new card. So everyone beware. This sure makes it hard for the person who is ligit and is trying to earn a living.

Jo
  3rd of Nov, 2008

Thanks to all of you, I received a new whiting kit, I called them and they said that I had not cancelled. i asked how much I was being charged, they told me $88.97. I told them I did not authorize this, he tolld me that when I ordered the free trial, that I had agreed to their terms, I said what terms! I ran to my bank, there was not a charge as yet. I cancelled my card, and was saved the charge, Thank you.

Li
  3rd of Nov, 2008

I also did not sign up to get this month after month. First of all I cannot use it. The side effects are not good for me. I do have bleeding gums and recieding gums with exposed roots. Did not use this product once I read the warnings. I have sent back the new supply, I did not order, and expect you to not take the money out of my account. I don't even have enough to pay for this as it is very expensive and it is certainly not a priority of mine now as money is so tight. Please cancel all future supplies. Linda Patula, 2217 Van Horn Ct., Plainfield, Illinois 60586 815-341-4824.

Do
  5th of Nov, 2008

this company is a total rip-off. i had the same thing happen to me.my wife called me at work and asked me what was 88.97 for some tooth brite company. they did a unauthorized on my card. these folks works out of sothern california. this must be a home bussines because i had to go online just to get their phone number. i call and some guy gave a name joe phillips thats probaly fake too. how much more do we have do to let these people keep scaming us. i contact my bank to let them know for future charges is a fraud. i did not like the product and i threw it in the trash can because was suppose to be a free trial offer. i did not sign up or do a contract. this is a fraud so stay away.

Do
  5th of Nov, 2008

This company is a total rip off. I had the same thing happen to me. Today while I was at work, my wife called me and asked what was $88.97 charge for. I explained I didn't know and she told me it was for some tooth brite company. I told her that I did not authorize this transaction and I would be contacting the company this evening. I think this company does business at home because I had to go on line just and read the complaints just to get a phone number. I call and some guy, who gave me a name of Joe Phillips (I would assume that is fake too) and told me to email the website and they would deal with my refund. I contacted my bank to let them know that future charges from this company is a fraud. I did not like the product and threw it away. I did not sign up for additional products which they are trying to charge me for. THIS FREE TRAIL IS A FRAUD - STAY AWAY.

An
  6th of Nov, 2008

I have been scammed by this company by an unauthorized charge of $88.97 at my credit card, they told me to email them for refund and every time i call them they say they haven't get any email from me, this is a fraudulent company STAY AWAY.we need to do something .

Be
  8th of Nov, 2008

I ORDERED A TRIAL SAMPLE OF THIS PRODUCT FOR $4.99 + $1.00 SHIPPING. A FEW DAYS LATER, THERE WAS A DEBIT TO MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR $88.97. I CALLED THIS COMPANY TO GET WHAT THEY CALLED A RMA NUMBER. I SPOKE TO SOME BILL THOMAS WHO TOLD ME I HAD TO CONTACT THE COMPANY ONLINE, I HAVE SENT AN EMAIL EVERY DAY SINCE, AND STILL HAVE NO RESPONSE. I DID NOT ORDER ANOTHER MONTH'S SUPPLY OF THIS PRODUCT, AND CERTAINLY DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS COMPANY TO DEBIT MY ACCOUNT. I DID NOT EVEN HAVE THIS NEXT SHIPMENT WHEN MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED, AND TO THIS DATE, HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED ANY ADDITIONAL SHIPMENTS. HOW A COMPANY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS IS BEYOND ME. I WILL NOT CEASE TO SETTLE THIS ISSUE. HOW CAN INTERNET FRAUDE SUCH AS THIS CONTINUE TO HAPPEN?

Ba
  8th of Nov, 2008

I have been ripped off to . They took out the 4.99&the1.00 and then a couple of weeks later there was a charge for 88.97 that I did not ok. when I called them they said I had not called to cancel my order.I told them all I had ordered was the free sample and that I wouldn't have ordered any thing else, that I would have to cancel later.They also told me I would have to go on line to get my money back.I need my money back I am going to have at least two check return fees. The bank pays my checks, but charge me $35.00each.This place is indeed a rip-off.If anyone finds out how to get there money back PLEASE let me know.barbara ellis

Ga
  10th of Nov, 2008

CANCEL ANY FURTHER PRODUCT IN MY NAME. ADVISE ANY RMA NECESSAARY TO RETURN PRODUCT NEW AND UNUSED!!!
Gary Peterson

Pa
  10th of Nov, 2008

I too ordered the free (haha) trial supply of the luminousbrites offer, and have no intention of keeping this order, as I have many health problems, which I shouldn"t be messing around with any products, , , , I too wish to be taken off the list of purchases, , , , sorry for any inconvience, , but if possible, please remove me also, , , , , ,
Thanks, Patti bloom

Ta
  11th of Nov, 2008

The same thing happened to me and I did not order only the free sample for $4.99. How do you get your money back or can you. When I call they told me to go on line to get a refund? I did not and do not want any more of your stuff. Plus I want my $88.97 back. NOW
Thanks Talauna Johnson

Vi
  12th of Nov, 2008

I have gotten ripped off just like all of the above comments. I never authorize $ 88.97 to be debited out of my account only the $4.99. Enclosed was a flier saying to contact the company via of e-mail or phone neither is legit. I was supposed to receive an e-mail with an RMA # within 15 days to cancel that never was sent. I closed out the card I used to stop any future charges is all you can do.
Thanks Vicki Harber