Iwb Svcs LLC / Bogus charge for grant info

1 US Review updated:

Like many others who have complained, I too ordered " free " grant information and they charged $3.73 for s&H then another $3.77 for something else. I called to cancel my subscription within the 7 day time period and was told that I wouldn't be charged the subscription cost. However, 2 weeks later a charge for $30.60 appeared on my bank statement as a charge to IWB Svcs LLC instead of DBW EBook. The phone number is a false 800 # since when you call it the voice says there isn't any such extension. I've reported this to my bank and am filing the paperwork for disputing the charges. IWB will have to prove there was a ligitimate charge, otherwise, I will be credited back with this amount. I recommend everyone who finds themselves in this situation to report IWB and DBW to their financial institution and get this operation shut down!!!

More Iwb Svcs LLC Complaints & Reviews

Fresno
    California
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@ATT.NET

THERE WAS A DEBIT TO MY ACCOUNT OF 30.00 FROM IWB SVCS LLC AND.60 CENTS FROM INTRNTL TRAN FOR WHICH I HAVE NO CLUE OF AND HAVE NEVER AUTHORIZED THESE WITH DRAWS FROM MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR ANY PROGRAM OR PACKAGES ON MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE NOT EVERY BEEN CONTACTED FROM ANY ONE TO JOIN ANY ACCOUNTS SO I ASK WITHOUT USING ANY LEGAL REPRESENTION FROM MY ATTORNEY REGARDING THIS SITUATION THANK YOU NICHOLS HEAVENLY DAYCARE CHERYL NICHOLS OWNER [protected]

• Th
      Jul 17, 2009

I must comment to confirm that this happened to me as well. Who are these people? The only thing that seems remotely connected, considering I used this card for only one other transaction - and I thought I canceled that in time - was for a Grant Funding Search CD program. Only after I received the call from them did I realize from an internet search that this company charges anyway, in spite of a cancellation. I have just called my bank (7/17/09) to initiate an investigation and get a refund of the $30 charge.

• Fi
      Jul 22, 2009

This happen to me also and i am very pissed at who ever is making these charges and if anyone has any clue as to who's doing this please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com so i can find them and i will gladly take a charge for whipping there ### even though it's 30.00 but hell the economy is bad now so yes i would stop them from doing it to another person if i got my hands on them, believe that!!!

Jul 27, 2009

Same thing has happened to me...they took it from my unemployment account! Real ### of the earth people. I found this number, [protected], you actually get a live person, although I don't think they're in the US because of the heavy accent. I cancelled a membership I never even knew I had, and this woman tried to give me a sales pitch...she said she would credit my account back...and cancell my membership...of course, that remains to be seen. The only thing I can figure happened is I bought a grant cd about 2 months ago and I cancelled my membership...these people are not the same company, but, they must be connected somehow. I'm going to see if I can get another account # and card from the employment securities commission!!

• Je
      Jul 27, 2009

I noticed a $30.00 charge on my account for this company on 7/24/09 and it is still pending. Of course the number listed on my account is not valid I found another number [protected] and spoke with a man to have the money refunded right away. On 7/24/09 a woman called asking a lot of questions and assured me they did not have any financial information nor would I see any charges made to my bank account. I reassured the man I spoke with today 7/27/09 that I will be reporting them for fraud. He really had nothing to say accept my account is closed and they will refund my money. As soon as my money is refunded I will be closing my account and repoening another.

• Ec
      Jul 28, 2009

I too had a $30.00 charge on my account for this company on July 27, 2009 but mine was paid by the bank. The number that was on the account is not a valid number. It was: IWB SVCS LLC [protected] KN As with Jan G it was taken from my unemployment funds. Also, I checked out a CD from Grant Funding about 4 weeks ago. So I guess I am going to have to change my bank card immediately. I will post any information I can get about these dogs.

• Bl
      Jul 28, 2009

I also had a 30.00$ charge on my acct from this company this mornin 7-28-09. I got the same CD and
    I canceled my membership that very next day. I explained to them when I canceled it that I could not afford any membership bein that my daughter was born with a birth defect causing me to have to quit my job just a few months ago. I am a stay at home mom and as said before the economy is in a real hardship at this point and me and my family live on a very budgeted income. However they still took, even thought the guy I spoke with ensured me i would receive no charges. I'm gonna call the #'s listed above (thanx for that info) and see if I can get it back. I will also be closing my acct and opening a new one. Has anyone reported them to BBB?

Jul 29, 2009

same here. i told the ### that all of us that ordered the grant cd were being charged from them and she told me that they were not involved with any grant cd. so i asked her how she got my account info and she would not answer me but said they would give me back my money. we will see if this happens or not. we all should keep checking our accounts for other charges.

• Gr
      Jul 29, 2009

I have no clue who this company is I was charged a $30 fee on my card. The Phone number is a fake.

• Am
      Jul 30, 2009

Same thing also happened to me, started with the Grant Express 7 Day free trial. We canceled after the first day. And just yesterday i had a 30.00 dollar charge on my account. I then tried to call the number beside the charge and it was an invalid number. Searched it online and found this to be a big scam company steal from others. I got numbers from others to get my money back. [protected]). The only real way to be sure you wont get charges anymore is to get a new card with a new number or close out you bank account and open a new one.

• Jj
      Aug 05, 2009
    IWB SVCS LLC - scam
    Benton Harbor
    Michigan

I went to the bank to withdraw money and decided to check and make sure my balance and the banks balance were the same and found out that this company charged me .90 cents for something and an additional $30.00 not long after. I have yet to talk to these people. The number the bank provided did not work so next cokme the court room. iF ANYONE HAS ANY HELP FULL INFO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST IT HERE.

Aug 10, 2009
    Grant Apllication Kit - misrepresentation
    Jayne M Williams
    1626 Amsterdam Ave
    New York
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Please refund my money back to my credit card for the third time cancel no. 2934486

• Us
      Aug 12, 2009

Same thing happened to my checking account! By the same name, with a false number. My bank made me file for fraud and I got my 30.00 back. These people need to go to jail.

• Us
      Aug 12, 2009

The same thing happened to me in July 2009. The same name and the same false number! 30.00 even was taken from my checking account. My bank made me file fraud and I recieved the money back days later. These people need to be in jail.

• St
      Oct 03, 2009

on 7-3-09 I also had $30.00 removed from my account. My bank reimbursed it to me but sent the info to IWB twice to get it from them & neer got anyback so they had to removed from my account what they put in. Any advise on where I go from here pls email me [protected]@yahoo.com.

• St
      Oct 03, 2009

on 7/3/09 I too had $30.00 removed from my account. I called the number they said it would be returned. My bank reimbursed me for this then sent it in the IWB for it to be reimbursed to them. The bank sent it twice it was never returned so my bank had to remove it from my account again. Any advice on where I go from here? Pls. email me at [protected]@yahoo.com It would be greatly appreciated