IWB Services, LLC / Charges to my Debit Card

1 Bedford, IN, United States Review updated:

I ordered a CD on-line that was supposed to provide educational grant information. The charge was supposed to be $1.98 and this charge appeared on my bank statement as DBW Grant Express. A representative called and offered free trials of different services, which I declined, and the rep said there would be no additional charges to my card. Two weeks later an additional charge of $69.95 appeared under the same heading. I promptly called the phone number that I printed off the website at the time of the original order and told the rep I wanted nothing additional from them and they were NOT to make any further charges to my debit card. Now, 2 weeks later, a charge of $30.00 has appeared under the heading IWB Services, LLC. This caused my account to be overdrawn and has incurred 2 insufficient funds fees against my account. I CAN'T AFFORD THIS!! Is there anything I can do? I have notified my bank that these charges are unauthorized, but I need to recoup the funds if at all possible.

Ce

More IWB Services, LLC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Di
      15th of Jul, 2009
    IWB Services, LLC - Charging Account

The Company trying to get 30.00 from my account and listed an incorrect phone number so you could not contact them.

• Xo
      15th of Jul, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. All of a sudden a $30 charge has shown up on my credit card from IWB Sevices, LLC. I did not authorize this charge and there is no phone number because it is a debit card. I am going to ask my bank to charge it back to the bank that it came from and sign an affadavit that it is an unauthorized charge.

• Sk
      16th of Jul, 2009

I was looking at my on line banking and noticed the $30.00 charge I never authorized. When calling the number it was an invalid number! I am calling my bank in hope that they can adjust the charge. I have no Idea who they are or what type of service they offer.

• Wt
      16th of Jul, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I'm on the phone as we speak with my bank. The person I am talking to stated she did a google search for them and a bunch of fraud complaints showed up and the company has an foreign address. By chance has anyone else signed up for The Grant Express? I had signed up to recieve a cd and they charged my card $3.73 additional. I called them and they deactivated my acct. But now this has shown up and I can't help but feel it is related in someway.

• So
      16th of Jul, 2009

The same thing as happened to me, it is my unemployment debit card!!! I am trying to get some clarity concerning it, but is not getting any answers at all. Now i have question for you all, have you all ordered anything online lately? I have...it was for some gov't funding materials. Maybe we can start there, providing we all have ordered gov't funding materials online, because the only way anyone could've gotten that particular card's information is through that company.

• Vi
      17th of Jul, 2009

I was checking my online statement, after receiving an alert from my bank that stated that a charge of $30.00 had been made online/phone or mail since the card was not swiped.
    I call the number listed on the pending charge but goes no where 866-881-1070
    I called the bank and since it is pending, I have to wait until it posts.

• Es
      17th of Jul, 2009

same thing happened to me, and I have also ordered something from the grant express. I had also called and deactivated my account, but now I am getting charged this $30. What is going on???

• Es
      17th of Jul, 2009

ok, i got some information - iwb stands for "ideal wealth builder", and is apparently some kind of club that we "joined" when we signed up for the grant express cd. i had called grant express within the 7 day window to cancel my membership, but apparently, it didn't cancel everything. i called this number: 800-230-4043, gave them my phone number and they have supposedly refunded the charge to my account and cancelled my membership with them. hopefully this helps!

• Ki
      18th of Jul, 2009

yes it all narrows down to the grant express cd...I just called the # above but got a recording ...I'll have to call monday to speak to a human...as for the 3.73 additional charge, that was for 2 other programs(which I didnt authorize) but they still charged me...so I contacted them and they said they couldnt do anything about it...so I demanded to talk to the head honcho or someone who could do something about it...there was a 2 minute pause and they came back saying they would reimburse me...which they did 2 days later...

• Su
      19th of Jul, 2009

I see I am not alone in being ripped off by these theives! I also ordered the Grant Express cd and called and cancelled in the 7 days. The additional charges of 3.73 and 3.77 showed up on my account a day or two after ordering the cd. When I called, I was told that they were for e-books that I never ordered. The only reason I ordered this cd is because the web site I read about it on stated that it was supposed to be recommended by many reputable companies. I guess I need to be more suspicious about any product on the web. Hopefully we can stop these people before too many others get burned.

• Ki

call 866-607-1071...give em hell

• Cc
      20th of Jul, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I looked at our online banking today and there is a charge for $30.24 from IWB Svcs. LLc and the phone number that is attached to this charge is 1-866-881-1070. I have already charged the 3.77, 3.73 and 69.99 from grant express. Luckily for me, I called and they reversed all of those charges. My bank says that there isn't much that they can do about the $ 30.24. I am really getting upset about this continuing to happen.

• Cc
      20th of Jul, 2009

I just called 1-800-230-4043 as estewart81 suggested previously. The customer svc. agent told me that she processed my refund and that it should be returned to me within 3-5 business days. She provided me with a Refund request number, so hopefully I will have my money back and won't have to call them again. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens now.

• Me
      21st of Jul, 2009

I bought a grant cd from grant express and then they charged my account every few days small amounts then 69.95 i called them and they refunded it. Now a couple of weeks later i recieve a an unknown and unauthorized charge to my account. I dont know if they have any connection. I called my bank and they said it is an international charge from somewhere.

• Bd
      21st of Jul, 2009

Who ever these people are, they are real crooks. My new credit card was billed 30.00 with no autrhorization on my part. I have never heard of this nonsense and guess what... the credit card was a replacement as my old was expiring and I had never recieved the replacement. Tell me if that isn't crooked. They need to find an honest way of earning money and not scamming hard working people. THE BANK IS HANDLING MY ISSUE AND I HOPE TO MY SATISFACTION ALSO!!

BDavis in virginia

• Di
      24th of Jul, 2009

Same thing. Luckily my credit card company's fraud dept. is on to this. They called me to alert me to this charge. They did not allow the charge to go through. It was attempted online.

• Do
      26th of Jul, 2009

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me...I canceled the account and still got charged the 30.00 bucks or so...which I never authorized, now I have a negetive account balance becuase there was not enough money in the account to cover the money and the bank charged me 35.00 bucks to cover it...

• Bl
      27th of Jul, 2009

let's find out who is running this scheme & let's kick their but. I called 8666071071 & riped them a new one. As soon as she answered the phone I cussed her out & then Cussed her out again & again they better put my money back or I will HURT someone verybad. Count on it.

• Kr
      27th of Jul, 2009

I just called 1-800-230-4043 and cancelled and demanded a refunf of my $30 and they said it would be done. I never authorized this charged and I even looked through the email I received from Ebook and they never talked about a $30 charge. I thought this was a good company, I guess not! At least they refund your money. they say 7-10 business days.
    --10228a7384

• Mr
      28th of Jul, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me. I was just on the phone with the customer service rep. and he told me that it will take up to 7-10 business days before it is in my account. Just like the rest of you i bought the cd on line for $1.98 thinking that was it until i saw the $69.95 on my bank statement. So I called and cancelled. The company still charged me again for the $69.95. I called them back and was told there was nothing they can do. I will not receive a refund and pretty much screw you we have your money. They tried to give me 2 free months on their website. Now I look at my bank statement and there is a fee of $30.00. I have no ideal where that came from. Thats when I called 866-607-1071 and they told they will refund the $30.00.