IW / Living Lean / Unauthorized charges to my credit card

Phone: 1-866-396-5711

I have just finished talking to a supervisor from the Living Lean company, she claims that I was aware that these charges will be applied to my credit card. I didn't even know what the subcription was all about, until today, for God's sake!!! I spoke to an employee and asked him, he said the subscription was to receive support and follow a program that would make the weight loss faster. That was a first to me.. I have got 3 months charges, because even though I cancelled my tea on the first month (by the way, they do not wait for the 2 full weeks before charging the tea charges to your card) the Living Lean charges continued, I ended up asking my bank to change the card, because I did not know how to contact these people, until I did a search on the Web with the company name and found these complaints and got the number from one of them. I am very upset, and really p..off to think that they can get away with it.

Comments

• Po
      9th of Apr, 2008
    IW / Living Lean - Unauthorized charge!
    Living Lean

No phone number or contact listed on my bank statement for this iw/Living Lean from Las Vegas NV - charged $19.95.

• Do
      11th of Apr, 2008
    IW / Living Lean - Unauthorized charge to credit card!
    IW / Living Lean
    www.WuYiTea.com

I have been charged $19.95 on my credit card by IW/Living Lean. This must be part of Wuyitea-Wuyisource.

12th of Apr, 2008

I recieved two unauthorized charges unto my credit card on the March the 11th and on April the 11th. I did not and have not purchase any product from Living Lean and would like my money returned as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time, but it upset when people try to advantage of others hard working money.

15th of Apr, 2008

I recieved two unauthorized charges unto my credit card on the March the 12th and on April the 11th. I did not and have not purchase any product from Living Lean and would like my money returned as soon as possible.

IW / LIVING LEAN 866-396-5711 US

• Df
      16th of Apr, 2008

Is there any way of writing to the Better Business Bureau to get the company to refund all money that they deducted from our accounts?

• Ga
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I had charges on my account from IW/Living Lean. I have no idea what this charge is. I also am receiving charges from WUYITEA. I never order anything from them. I just closed my charge not to be charged any additonial charges from the SCAM compnay.

22nd of Apr, 2008

I was Charge 19.95 on my Credit card and never received anything, or received a refund yet. Please send product or refund my credit card ASAP. thank you jimmy

• Pa
      25th of Apr, 2008
    IW / Living Lean - Unauthorized multiple charges on CC
    dba wu-yi tea
    Onterrio, CA address
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 18664495567

IW/LIVING LEAN is affilated with the Wu-Yisource. Website offers promotional period to sample tea. Purchase Agreement commits buyer to pay $6.95 shipping. Note: In February 2008, there was a disclaimer that offered a $2.00 handling fee refund as long as it was request via email to their only email address: teahelp@usa.com. The shipping charge has been lowered to $4.95 as of April 25, 08.

In addition to the shipping charge, the buyer is automatically enrolled in an auto shipping program unless canceled within 14 days, and hidden very deep inside the site is another disclaimer of automatic enrollment in a program called IW/LIVING LEAN, which creates auto billing of $19.95 per month. The policy clearly states that canceling within 14 days of your initial order releases the buyer of all auto programs and billing from both Wu-yisource and IW/LIVING LEAN. see below excerpt:

"If you do qualify, you will have 14 full days to decide whether or not this weight loss system is perfect for you. You’ll be charged for the full month supply that you’ll be receiving ONLY if you don’t cancel and return the package before your trial period ends. This is the final day this will be available, so please take advantage of this offer while it is still available."

The content regarding a 60 day money back guarantee is confusing and is not related to the 14 day trial period. see below excerpt:

"My 60 Day Iron Clad Money Back Guarantee
    If between now and the next 60 Days, you can honestly say the Wu-Yi tea you purchased did not help you lose weight, or if for any reason you just don't need it, simply send it back for a full refund.*
    I've taken all of the risk off of your shoulders.
    Stripped to the bare essentials - either you lose weight, or your money back. Again all the risk is on me here so go ahead and take this offer while it's on the silver platter. If you choose it's not for you, just return the empty tea box for a refund. No hard feelings.
    - Jesse Williams
    President and Founder
    *(all shipping fees non-refundable"

PURCHASER NOTE - JESSE WILLIAMS HAS A VIDEO OVER-DUB PROVIDING HIS PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER FOR ANYONE NEEDING TO CONTACT HIM...THE NUMBER RANG ABOUT 20 TIMES AND THEN A FAST BUSY SIGNAL HAPPENED.

I ordered the tea via the web on 2/19/08 and decided immediately to email a request for cancellation of the auto ship and request the $2.00 handling fee credit. Per the instructions, I emailed: teahelp@usa.com within 2 hours of my purchase. I wanted the tea, and explained that I preferred to handle my reorders. Also I mentioned the $2.00 handling refund. Within 1 day I received 2 emails confirming my cancellation of all auto shipments, auto billing and that the $2.00 was credited. I was charged $29.95 for the 2 boxes of tea which was received after several weeks.

I am degreed in Kinesiology and Exercise Physiology as well as a Certified Pilates Instructor. I thought I would try the tea and see if it was worth recommending to clients. The tea is simple filled with diuretics that accelerate the loss of water weight. No fat is lost with this program, nor did I feel any energy boost. The besst energy boost is created from natural creatin which occurs within the first 5-10 minutes of exercise. Then endophins kick in and the real muscle build, which burns fat, begins. Nutrition plays a 90% role in achieving your goals and TEA is not recommended. WATER, WATER, WATER...

OK sorry so long, but today as I was canceling the credit card used to order the Wu-yi tea, I reviewed each charge for 2008 and to my amazement, I discovered 2 charges for $19.95 posted 3/20 and 4/22.

The wu-yi tea site says if a consumer has any problems with "Living Lean" call the wu-yi tea company agents and they will be happy to handle your account. WRONG!

I immediately signed on to the seller site and chatted with Martin, a very Unhelpful Customer Service Agent who confirmed my account was canceled on Feb. 19, 08 but insisted that I needed to call LIVING LEAN to cancel what ever this account is today and I am going to report the wu-yi source company to the Federal Trade Commission and any other Consumer Protection Authority that is listed.

cc: IW / LIVING LEAN
    teahelp@usa.com

• Ca
      27th of Apr, 2008

The exact same thing just happened to me, and I would like to know what I should do to refund my money or to stop this from happening again.
    If you have any information, please contact me.

• Ro
      28th of Apr, 2008

unauthorized withdrawls from account. and who are they?

• Ho
      13th of May, 2008

Call and tell them to cancel whatever you don't want.
    Tell them things have changed.

Contact the Better Business Burea.

• Ro
      16th of May, 2008

YOU WANT TO KNOW MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS THIS? I AM PISSED. YOU HAVE CHARGED ME THE LAST TWO MONTHS FOR A PRODUCT I DO NOT RECIEVE. I DID ORDER THIS PRODUCT, BUT WHEN I DID NOT RECIEVE MY ORDER I CALLED AND CANCELED IT. YOU BETTER NOT TAKE ANYMORE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT, AND YOU BETTER CREDIT MY ACCOUNT $39.90 OR I WILL TURN IT OVER TO MY ATTORNY

• Da
      18th of May, 2008

IW/Living Lean has charged my account in April and May for $19.96. I never authorized this charge.

• Te
      20th of May, 2008
    IW / Living Lean - Fraudulent charges
    IW / Living Lean
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1-866-396-5711

Living Lean charges are automatically attached to your credit card when ordering tea. The Living Lean is supposed to be some "motivational program" for losing weight. There is no product, newsletter, or anything except monthly charges of $19.95 added to your credit card. I am currently on hold to try to cancel this gyp. I have been on hold for 17 minutes so far. Everyone is foreign and you have to constantly spell and re-spell your name and listen to horrible music!!!

The number is 1-866-396-5711. I'm willing to wait if I can actually get this stopped. It should never have been on my account. I just happened to be reviewing my account in there have been charges since February (this is May). Pretty good gig... $19.95/mo. for nothing times how many people??? If this doesn't work, I guess I will go through my credit card to challenge and if that doesn't work I will cancel my credit card and reissue.

Good luck.

• Pa
      22nd of May, 2008

I canceled this but am still getting charged. Beware all!

• Lo
      23rd of May, 2008

I ordered their tea, found it to be no good and cancelled any future orders . since then they have continured taking money from my a/c every month. My bank say they cannot cancel their request for money ? I would like to know if someone has their web page as i can no longer find it ! I live in uk so dont want a phone no..

• Lo
      26th of May, 2008

i to am a victim of this abuse of charging my a/c for $19.50 am onth since feb...I live in uk and i CANT GET HOLD OF ANYONE TO CANCEL THIS D/D CHARGE I AM PUTTING IT NOW IN THE HANDS OF MY BANK ! AT THE MOMENT THEY ARE SAYING I HAVE TO HONOR THE REQUEST !! FOR WHAT !!! LORNA TOBIN

• Da
      27th of May, 2008

i have been charge for living lean an have not received one boo or magazine..i did not authorize nor did i give permission for this chrage to be on my phone..i want it removed from my account ..i was charged twice...if you have any questions please contact me..this is very unproffessional business dealings...

• Ju
      2nd of Jun, 2008

Both Wu-Yi Tea and Iw/ Living Lean are scam company's that are extremely difficult to get in touch with. When you do reach them, the rep's then try to obtain more personal info from you. You have to be adamant to get them to cancel your account. Make sure to get a cancelation number. You also have to insist firmly that they credit back to your credit card. I had to assure them that I am pressing charges for fraud against them before they would even agree to refund the charges. They are total scammers!

4th of Jun, 2008

I also got sucked in by them. I reported it to my credit card company. They are scam artists and they have two phone no's -one appears to be in Israel and the other in Las Vegas, NV. They have an "international" address in Cyprus!! I kept getting charged for tea I did not receive and also for the Living Lean (supposed to be a diet help newsletter or something) that I never ordered or received. What a fraud. Can't believe I was so stupid to get caught!!