IW/Living Lean / Repeated charge to my credit card

I ordered the tea, tried two bags, and returned the unused portion. It took 2 months to get my refund. I was assured that my credit card info had been removed from their records, but on April 15 my card was charged $19.95.

Ji

Comments

• Ba
      27th of Mar, 2008

Unauthorized billing of $20.40 on 3/16/08

• Wi
      28th of Mar, 2008

i understand how they feel. i ordered one box of tea from wuyi tea for $35.99 and received two boxes and was charged $54.95. not only that, when i received my credit card bill, i was also charged $19.95 from iw/living lean and received nothing for it.

29th of Mar, 2008

Now I understand how you feel as well. I ordered the tea for $35.99 and felt that it wasn't for me so I sent it back. I was then charged another $54.95 for two more boxes and I returned it the same day . They told me that once they receive it I would be refunded. That has not happened as of yet, Well now I just got a statement from my credit card and there is another charge for $19.95. I will call them again to find out what's going on.

30th of Mar, 2008

When I first signed up for the wu yi tea it was a 2 week order for $19.95 and then I would receive the rest if I liked the product. Well like other coments I too am receiving a $19.95 charge along with the charge for the tea. I am not receiving anything for the extra $19.95 charge this month.

30th of Mar, 2008

I have just been charged for something I did not order. I am going to contest.

What a rip-off.

• Da
      31st of Mar, 2008

Same thing happened to me, but I'm a poor college student so it overdrew my account and charged me a $35 overdraft fee in addition to the living lean. Does anybody know how to get a refund?

• La
      31st of Mar, 2008

I was looking at my bank statement and iw/living lean took -$19.95 this month! On purpose when I registered for the Wu Yi Tea, I checked off "NO" I dont want the iw/living product.
    I'm printing all of the above comments and bring them to my Bank, which I will fill out a Dispute Form! Also I'm going to make a claim to the Better Business Bureau, as everyone effected should do.

• La
      31st of Mar, 2008

PLEASE EVERYONE CALL 1-866-396-5711 FOR THE DIRECT LINE FOR IW/LIVING TO COMPLAIN AND ALSO EMAIL : teahelp@usa.com and complain about IW Living 's unauthorized deductions.

• He
      31st of Mar, 2008

I called the number listed above and they told me that when I ordered the tea I was automatically enrolled in a weightloss website that charges $19.95/mo. I asked for the charge to be reversed since I did not authorize any such charges. He did reverse the charge and gave me a confirmation code and said the charge would be reversed in 3-5 bus days. We'll see!

5th of Apr, 2008

I ordered my tea in October of 07 and starting in January Living Lean began deducting from my account. I had no idea they were doing this until now 3 months and $60.00 later. Will be calling to rectify this problem. I never authorized this deduction.

7th of Apr, 2008

All of these internet "diet" products are scams. Even when you cancel them, you suddenly get charges of anywhere from $12.95 to 20.95 from another company, like living lean, that when I called and confronted them about it, they stated that as soon as I cancelled the other account, the diet company informed them to try to collect at least 2x's the money they felt they were owed within the next 3 months to balance out their marketing expenses. I am still waiting for $250.00 in invalid charges, and it got so bad that I had to close the one card, and wait 10 days for the new cards. Most people can find exactly what they're owed with their statements. We should be able to set up a class action suit against these fraudulent companies, who work on our own worries about our looks, health, etc.
    It's a terrible situation!

7th of Apr, 2008

I, too, have a charge on my account for $19.95, and I did not know it was this company until I looked on the web. I cancelled after "my free tea" as it was not for me. They told me they would refund and now I have this $19.95 on my charge as well. I am disputing this as well. They are crooks!!!

• Ka
      8th of Apr, 2008

I signed up for the $7.95 trial of Wu-Yi but it also automatically enrolls you in their auto-ship program. By agreeding to the trial order, you are agreeing to the next shipment of $54.95 (2 month supply) to be charged to your credit card. I too was charged $19.95 that first month, and THEN $54.95 as well.

You must return the unused/unopened tea with receipt and date of purchase. They will send you an email when your order has been received and the refund, less shipping and handling, will take two weeks to post to your account.

The $19.95 is a scam charge for a "newsletter" and you will have to call their 800 number to contest it and demand that refund as well. It is an extra (mistaken) charge that should not be applied after that first month. This is their message from the very first email i received related to this charge:

"Welcome and congratulations for joining Living Lean`s 30-day FREE trial. LivingLean is the country`s most talked about Weight Management and Nutrition system. With it you will learn The Secret to turning off the craving switch for breads, sweets, fats and over eating. It is the only the quick fix for achieving your weight loss goals permanently and to breaking free from the never ending diet roller coaster.

You will have a full 30 days to decide whether or not you wish to keep your subscription. After your guest pass expires if you are still not sure, simply enjoy the entire program and if you don`t feel it is the best kept secret to permanent weight loss you ever experienced, let us know within 72 hours of completing all the coaching sessions and we will return your membership fee. We believe that if you try this system that you will be so happy with the new you, that you will spread the word to all of your friends. Any renewals, questions and cancellations must be through your Wu-YI sponsor. 1-866-396-5711."

The WU-Yi tea is a scam and anyone that wants to read a report from a real certified nutritionist, keep reading:

"Here's the deal...

Most of these new tea products on the internet claiming to be a miracle cure for fat loss are nothing but plain old oolong tea. Some brands may have other teas mixed in too, but most I've seen are just oolong tea.
    The "Wu" in their names is just their clever way of making you think this is some new secret tea discovery.

Basically they just sell you oolong tea for outrageous prices, when you can go to your local grocery store or health food store and get a whole box of oolong tea for about $2 bucks.

But beyond the outrageously marked up price, does oolong tea actually help with fat loss?

Well, the answer is... slightly.

I do recommend including a mixture of green tea, white tea, oolong tea, and black tea in your daily schedule to possibly help a slight bit with fat loss.

The fact of it is that drinking tea is not going to miraculously transform your body or "melt off bodyfat". It CAN have a slight thermogenic effect and possibly help you burn a few extra calories. Plus, there are tons of other benefits too, many of which are due to the high antioxidant content of teas.

However, let's get real... whether you drink tea or not isn't one of those major factors in how fast you're going to burn off body fat... it's just a very minor detail. The real factors are your lifestyle as a
    whole, your type of exercise program and intensity, the quality of your diet, and your mindset...

So what I'd recommend is...

Don't waste your money on the overpriced, overhyped Wu-teas that claim to be a miracle fat loss cure. I do recommend including white, green, black, and oolong teas in your diet for their numerous health benefits, but you can get them MUCH cheaper (sometimes at least 10x cheaper!) at
    your local grocery store instead."

-KMR 04/08/08

• Ka
      8th of Apr, 2008

Figured out the refund! Wu-Yi tea is a separate cancellation from "At Last Fullfillment" which also is an automatic $19.95 a month charge. So you must not only cancel your Wu-Yi tea and send it back (i recommend getting a tracking number for your package!) but you must also call At Last Fullfillment to cancel your "membership" for their online website/weight loss tool. SCAM!

Anyway, call 1-866-396-5711, you will speak to someone live and tell them you are cancelling membership.

She tried to tell me since i had already been charged the month of April, i would have online access until May 2, 2008 and at that time i could call back and cancel, etc etc. I said "NO! i am not calling back again, this is my notice, i am cancelling today and I want the month of April refunded now."
    She gave me a refund for this month along with a confirmation number. Don't know how legit this is, but it's a start! watch your credit card account closely until this is complete!!

-KMR
    04/08/07 12:15 pm

• Lg
      9th of Apr, 2008

Does anyone out there know how to contact these people? They have been taking $19.95 out of my account since January. I called them and told them to stop sending the tea, as I didn't see any changes! Well I take that back... my bank account is getting smaller! What a rip off! Suggestions anyone... address?

Thanks!
    LG

• Em
      9th of Apr, 2008

I to have had the nighmare of trying to get charges off of my account. I had called and canceled my membership with WU-Yi cause I was not impressed at all with thier tea. Now i have a charge of $19.95 showing up on my card from living lean. Good luck at trying to get rid of this. I wound up today filing a complaint with the BBB to try and solve this problem. I got tired of getting the run around from WU-Yi saying they had no control over the livning lean, yet when i typed in the email address https://selfhelp.com/livinglean and the phone# 866-396-5711 for living lean, for the BBB to investigate, guess who's name came up-----WU-YI SOURCE. I had talked to a customer service person at the supposedly living lean # and was assured that my card would be credited the $19.95 and that my membership with living lean would be canceled and even given a conf #. So far, i have not seen any such credit.

I am waiting for the BBB to investigate into the matter.

• Am
      10th of Apr, 2008

I got this charge too! I am going to call tomorrow... If they do not take these charges off we need to do something about it! We also need to warn other people! This is ridiculous and I am disgusted.

• Em
      12th of Apr, 2008

To all of you who have complained, I had my credit card credited today for the charge of $19.95 from Living Lean. It took two or three days to get this done, and It was after I had contacted the better business bureau. I highly suggest that if you are having problems with WU YI SOURCE or LIVING LEAN, to contact the BBB. These people need to be stopped and the BBB will help with your complaints. Good Luck to ALL of you.

14th of Apr, 2008

I just had the same thing happen to me and I have called this company and I should have my money refunded in 3-5 days. We will see.

Has anyone been in touch with someone that can stop this compnay?

• Kr
      15th of Apr, 2008

I had called five times:

1- called to cancel wuyi tea source

2- cancel wuyi again

3-called source for "living lean" and to cancel becausse i had no idea what it was for... then they told me to call when the monthly cycle was over to cancel because for some reason they couldnt

4-now i call back and angry to cancel...i call and cancel and i ask for a confirmation number and the rep said there were none and that it has been canceled...

5-NOW IM REALLY ANGRY BECASUE AFTER MY FOURTH CALL A WEEK LATER I GET ANOTHER CHARGE SO I CALLED TODAY AND A WOMAN NAMED JOSIE SAID THERE WERE NO NOTES THAT THERE WAS CANCELLATION CALLS AND THAT SHE WILL CANCEL AND GAVE ME A CONFIRMATION WHICH DIDNT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE ALL THE OTHER REPS SAID THERE WAS NO CONFIRMATION OF CANCELLATION. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AND SHE REFUSED TO SEND ME TO ONE AND SAID THAT COULD NOT DUE TO SOME STUPID REASON. EVERY SINGLE CALL I COULDNT EVEN UNDERSTAND THESE PEOPLE. BUT I AM GONNA CALL BACK AND SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AGAIN BECAUSE THIS IS NOT RIGHT. IT MAY BE FORTY OR 20 BUCKS BUT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT...HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEY BEEN DOING THIS TO? IT MUST BE MILLIONS THEY ARE MAKING OFF OF THIS!! SCAM!!!