IW Living Lean / Unauthorized charges!

United States Review updated:
This company has charged me 19.95 for the past two months. This is an unauthorized charge and I haven't received any additional product from the company. I did not sign up for a monthly product, and bought a one-time order only.

Comments

Di
  10th of Apr, 2008
The same thing has happened to me. Please help. What should I do about it... how do I get them to stop?
Sh
  11th of Apr, 2008
I need my moneyyyyyyyyy nowwwwww...
Hi
  11th of Apr, 2008
Samething happend to me. what should I do now, i have just called my Bank they said since it is pending they can not do anything right now. what is wrong with this company. Please help me too. thanks
Ka
  13th of Apr, 2008
I ordered some tea one time, I never authorized any additional charges to my credit card.
Ca
  16th of Apr, 2008
Same thing here and they say that you can't get your money back.

You need to call 1 866 396 5711 and tell them to cancel that crap.
That is very sneaky. Imagine them taking $19.95 from 1000 people a day, that is $19950 per day for doing absolutely nothing and they get about two payments before a person realize it and cancel.

That is not right.

Good luck
Br
  16th of Apr, 2008
Thanks for the info Carla! I called them today to cancel this "service". Apparently it's a bonus online weightloss service, $19.95 per month, that my wife DID NOT AGREE TO when she ordered her www.WU-YISOURCE.com tea. She does remember selecting NO to the service, only tea, still charged. Cancelled the service AND my credit card just to make sure, and gave them an earfull! To date over $70 worth of tea plus $40 of "service" for a simple $6.95 tea trial. Nuts!
Am
  20th of Apr, 2008
The same thing happened to me, except I never ordered the wu-yi source crap either, they both charged my card! I fought with the dang tea people for 2 hours before i got a refund and now just a few days later, these people show up.
Ka
  29th of Apr, 2008
Yes the same thing is happening to me...what is the number to call and cancel?
  29th of Apr, 2008
Hello,

I had the same problem. I talked to the supervisor of the customer service and got some satisfaction.

What happened is that living lean is a affiliate program of Wu Yi tea Co. and they enroll you for free in their weight management program. I got an email inviting me for the 30 day free trial offer back on January 21 without being made aware of the $19.95 being charged to my CC.
All this happened after I had already cancelled any further orders of tea. I was not dissatisfied with the tea, just with the price.
Hello Kate,

The number to call is 1. 866 449-5567. They will ask you if you want to cancel, but if you are persistent and try a bit of negotiating, this is the most direct way to get a refund.

The service rep. will try to give you credit for one payment. If you had more than one charge, (I had 3 before I realized what was happening) and ask for the full refund of the charges, she will connect you to the supervisor. Be prepared to answer the questions and substantiate your complaint. Email dates, cancellation of order with Wu Yi, ( she asked me to read the purchase agreement).

I agreed that I was careless and didn't follow up with the 30 trial registration, Id and password, but stuck to my guns ( respectfully) and negotiated on the basis that nowhere was it mentionned that I would be charged $19.95 per month or that I had entered into a binding contract with Living Lean. And I could prove that I hadn't received any merchandise or used any online services. So after a little longer conversation, she agreed to refund 2 payments which I accepted.

I think that if you are willing to take the time, wait on the phone and explain your case clearly without getting too upset, you should be able to get some refund credited on your CC account.

Good Luck!

J-L
  3rd of May, 2008

IW Living Lean - Unauthorized CC charge
IW Living Clean

Hello Kate and all the rip off victims, (this was first put on the site as a comment to Kate the last week of April)

Good Luck!

J-L
  3rd of May, 2008
Hello all,

A few days ago, I posted a comment on one of the complaint and related my encounters by email and phone calls with some reluctant service reps and a supervisor.

After reading the stories, my expectant and positive mood changed realizing that the same con job of giving a phony confirmation number might have been a ploy to get rid of me. Still, I waited the 3 to 5 days before cancelling my CC.
This afternoon I checked my CC on line and they credited 2 of the 3 charges.

I don't why It happened to me and not to others. Maybe they changed their policies due to the fear of lawsuit and being closed by the attorney general.
I hope that everybody will get satisfaction.

You just have to be persistent and learn a strategy to deal with them until you get satisfaction.
I hope that the info and my testimony will help and encourage some of you.

Good success and hope in your fight against scamming!
J-L.
Na
  15th of May, 2008

IW Living Lean - Canceled orders but are continuing to bill
Las Vegas
Nevada

We automatically received a second shipment of WI Tea and contacted the company to cancel the remaining orders that we did not order and they sent. We kept the second order and they said they would cancel the remainder. We continue to be billed through our visa card. What can be done about the scam this company seems to be pulling on consumers?
Cl
  18th of May, 2008
I have had 2 charges already and just cancelled any future orders for the tea. Will this stop the Living Lean charges?
Ar
  18th of May, 2008
I was charged 19.95 and it was not authorize...
Sh
  22nd of May, 2008

3604 DONNA DR
TYLER
Phone: 903-526-1130
www.livinglean

This company charged my account $19.95. This is a charge that I never authorized. I am having to cancel my card and wait to receive a new card, due to this issue. In reading some other complaints, I have learned I am not the first to be scammed by this company.
Su
  24th of May, 2008
In spite of cancellation of this account, I continue to be billed 19.95 per month. Beware all!
Ma
  5th of Jul, 2008

www.livinglean.net

I am still having money taken from my bank account. When I had already canceled my order. I will expect a full refund. This all began with an order for Wuyisource. Comwuyi 866-4495567 US 29th Apr 29.95 USD @ 1.917 Sliming TEA I tried the tea for two weeks it made me ill, so I returned TEA as instructed I am still being charged for something I did not order. It seems that IW/Living Lean 866-396-5711 US are connected in some way.
Db
  5th of Jul, 2008

www.livinglean.net

I have been getting charged a $19.99 fee for 3 months when the product was canceled immediately. I called to make sure my account was credited for the month of June, but realized that I have also been getting charged for the 3 prior months even though I canceled the product immediately. This was a huge scam!
Ma
  19th of Jul, 2008
Cancelling Wuyi-tea source will not cancel the living lean charges. I work for a credit card company and I have received 2 calls today alone about this charge, Call the phone number listed for wuyi tea source, see if they can give you a credit, if they will not, contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. A customer i literally had about 5 minutes ago stated that he was going to contact his attorney general about this. I also informed him he may want to contact the better business bureau