IVY CAPITAL/FORTUNE LEARNING SYSTEMS / DISHONEST SALES TECHNIQUES

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

After surgery, for an injury that may well prevent me from finishing an honest construction career of over twenty years. I began searching for a profession to bring me to retirement age. I invested $97.00 for a membership to an internet Data Entry Institute. I was and am desperate to keep a roof over my head. Within a week, I was contacted by phone. They called themselves, Fortune Learning Systems. I mentioned that I had previously purchased the for mentioned material. They told me that what I had purchased was Small Time. They proceeded to introduce what they "MAY" be able to offer me "IF I QUALIFY." They started with the Questions type sales pitch. They where highly motivated and quick talking.
They talked about guidelines and principals for starting a successful internet business, which would take less time than the average work week. They stressed the importance of leverage capital and how they would teach me to use other peoples money with "no out of pocket expense."
At this point they asked me about my current debit and how I felt about being able to pay it ALL OFF in a reasonably SHORT length of time. Of course, any normal, hard working person would answer as I did: YES. At the time I had very little credit card debit, so they asked about car payments, etc., etc. I made it clear that in my current financial situation, I did not have the option to over use the credit I had. This is the point where they told me that this program is what I was looking for. Next came questions about myself; Was I motivated and an action taker. They continued to ask me about myself to, as they called it, see if I qualified for the program, tools and the guidance they would offer to me.
After an hour of this motivational speaking and questioning, I was told that I was a prime candidate. I was asked to hold tight while he consulted with the Senior consultant. They would call back shortly.
And they did call back, Very Shortly! I was told that I was the type of person they were looking for and had what it would take to make it. They believed I was very teachable and that I would be worth their investment.
At this point they had me very motivated. I was then told that there would be a ONE TIME investment. BUT for this small investment they would SET UP THE BUSINESSES FOR ME, HELP ME BUILD MULTIPLE WEBSITES AND PROVIDE THE NECESSARY TRAINING AND COACHING I would need to make it work in a short time. The investment I would have to make was $2930.00. It's funny that this amount was all I could afford to charge. I asked why they were willing to do all they mentioned for me, for that amount. I knew that setting up a limited liability company in my state was $500.00 each. They were going to help me set up multiple companies? Great! They stressed the importance of doing it officially and by their proven methods. By following their instructions they would get me corporate credit, better wholesale rates and higher ratings among the search engines on the web. They were willing to do this for my SUCCESS STORY.
The next day I looked up Fortune Learning Systems n the Better Business Bureau site. They had only one complaint in the last three year period, OK, not bad, I thought.
A couple days later I was contacted be my personal coach. More motivational talk and where to start reading on the member's website. Not a lot of informative information was given. As I read the material I was told to, I noticed it wasn't very different from common sense info.
Four days later I was contacted by another adviser going by the title of certified business specialist. After stressing the importance of having a couple of LLCs or Corporations, for reasons of liability protection, business credit ratings and pay dex scores he proceeded to tell my that it would coast near $8000.00! Oh Boy, Not Good! I told him that I made it VERY CLEAR to the others that the one time investment I already made was ALL I COULD AFFORD! Then he talked about just starting One LLC in my state for $1000.00. I was then told to call my credit card company to get an extension of credit. I told him I would have to get back to him.
The next day I found the name IVY Capital and looked it up to find they had 117 complaints on the Better Business Bureau, along with these and more from other scam sites!
I called them and requested a refund, because they gave me false info about what they were going to do for me. I was called a few days later by a somewhat unpleasant woman from the resolutions department. She told me that the investment to start the LLCs was not necessary. The opposite of what I was told by the others, before her. She gave me the red tape speech and called my a thief for disputing the charge. She said I could sell on EBAY? $2930.00 to sell ### on EBAY? I have given them a chance to refund my money. They continue to try to direct me to different people who have nothing but more sales pitches. I will now start contacting departments, agencies and web boards along with informative news agencies. It is my goal to prevent other honest people, in this desperate economy, from being taken advantage of by these people of low morals!
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have been mislead or scammed by these people and are looking for Justice. There is power in Numbers! fedupup@aol.com

Comments

• To
      25th of Mar, 2010

I had a similar situation this week- I tried to sign up for a career builder Jennifer Johnson online course to make $5 per ebay listing, suggesting up to 14-15 listings per hour for a few hours personal investment- what a sales pitch when I spoke to the initial person from whatever they change the business name to today, that says "we want to show you how to make several on-line businesses with our coaches- manipulating info out of me such as income, employer, debt on credit card(s), wife's information, escrow in your home, goals, blah blah blah, and eventually claiming that you were going to make money off others investments- meaning you would max out your credit card, fill their bank account, and learn to start your own drop-shipping sales business. DON'T fall for this scam- I nearly did, until I said give me a day to read the legal fine-print before accepting this SHEITE! I will never fall for this crap- BEWARE!

BBB AccreditationBack To Top
    This company is not a BBB Accredited Business.
    BBB RatingBack To Top
    Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB rating of F.

Reasons for this rating include:
    Number of complaints filed against this business.
    Failure to respond to complaints filed against this business.
    Number of complaints filed against this business that were not resolved.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings.
    Business Contact and ProfileBack To Top
    Company Name: IVY Capital, Inc.
    Company Address: 3027 E. Sunset Rd. #201
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    Phone Number: (888) 514-6020
    Original Business Start Date: June 2004
    Type of Entity: Corporation
    Incorporated: 7/1/2003 in NV
    Principal: Kyle Kirschbaum, President
    Customer Contact: Steve Lyman, Manager
    BBB Accreditation Status: This company is not a BBB Accredited Business.
    Type of Business: Consultants
    Products and ServicesBack To Top
    This business offers typical products and services for the Type of Business shown above.
    Business ManagementBack To Top
    The BBB has no information regarding business management at this time.
    Alternate Business NamesBack To Top
    ICI Coaching
    ICI Success Team

LicensingBack To Top
    As of 10/23/2009, we confirmed this company has a valid local business license for the locale in which they operate.
    Customer Complaint HistoryBack To Top
    When considering complaint information, please take into account the company’s size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm’s responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 123 complaint(s) about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.
    Complaints Concerned:

1 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
    2 - General Customer Service Complaint Issues

The 123 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months was/were closed as:

81 - Resolved
    25 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    55 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    1 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    3 - Unresolved
    3 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatoryprocess.
    9 - Administratively Closed
    4 - BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
    5 - BBB determined that despite the company's good faith effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
    30 - No Response
    30 - Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues.

• Wa
      12th of Apr, 2010

Fortune Learning System has refunded the full $2930.00 to me on 4-12-2010. They have apologized for the miscommunication and inconvenience. I am rescinding my above complaint. Thank you Fortune Learning System/ICI for your honesty in this matter.

• Iv
      2nd of May, 2010

Ivy Capital need to be STOPPED at what they are doing. The know your credit rating and go after you to get as much as they can. I would like to see them stopped and refund the rest of us.

• St
      11th of May, 2010

They have done the same to me. They only care about their profit not yours. I spent thousands on there program. I don't wish this program even on my worst enemy. They told me they were wanting a good success story and they would help me achieve the profit I was looking for. However, I found myself more indebt than what I started out with. They don't care about their success stories. They will tell anybody anything to achieve their own profit. I have asked for a refund but they told me they only give a refund with in the first 3 days. I am getting ready to file a complaint with the BBB and any consumer complaint companies I can find. FOR ANYBODY INTERESTED IN THIS PROGRAM, DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR SPEACH. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. IF I WOULD HAVE DONE MINE, I WOULDN'T BE IN A DEBT RESOLUTION PROGRAM, THANKS TO THEM. THEY HURT MY CREDIT BECAUSE I ALLOWED THEM. I FOLLOWED WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO DO AND IT GOT ME MORE IN DEBT. DON'T DO IT. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. I DON'T WANT TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO. I CAN ONLY HOPE I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK.

• Ep
      11th of May, 2010

I have been taken for about $20, 000 and now they don't even return your calls. The so called "coach for life" promised to stand by me to make at least my investment back and now nothing. They asked for my credit information and debt as well saying they want an Testimony when all this is complete.
    I want to get my money back but have to figure out how this can be done!! Please advise if you have any insight on how this can be done!!!

11th of May, 2010

Ok, well i'm not gonna wast my time typining what's already been said. The very same thing has happened to me, i'm out a little over 3k andthey wanted another 10k ontop of that. The sad thing is the money they got from me is the money I've saved from the money Uncle Sam gives me for being injuried during my tour in Iraq. These people are just plane sad in my book, to go after hard working Americans who struggle to get by every day is something they'll have to settle with the devil when their time comes. I am disscusted and very anry over this supposive investment, I usually don't fall for this sort of thing, but they make it sound so good and egg you on till; well they have your money and you don't know what hit ya. I've asked for my money back, but was led around with a line that all i'm gonna do is tie up and loose more of my money fighting them and they win 9 out of 10 cases. If they were such a lagitamit bussiness they should refund when the custermer is not happy, isn't that how most other companies work??? These Group of people are nothing but some well trained crooks. As far as getting money back, there was a post on here about a week ago from a gentlemen who did end up getting his money back. I've e-mailed him, but got no reply. My only suggestion is to file complaints with every agency possible to include the Attorney Generals office in your home state and in every state they claim there bussiness in. This is my battle plan and I wuill also keep their phone lines so tied up (If I can get anyone) forcefully requesting my refund they will get sick of me and just maybe I'll get back my dollars!

J.E.
    PA

• Bi
      12th of May, 2010

Well every one else has told you what these people do. I was going through a nasty divorce when they contacted me. I fell for their wonderful story. Their information was worthless. I lost a lot of money buying products for eBay from another company they recommended. I went from about $500.00 credit card debt to over $10, 000.00. I hope they can be put out of business before they get to do this to others.

18th of May, 2010

I ACTUALLY USED TO WORK FOR THEM. AND YES, IT IS A BIG RIP OFF. TO MY SHAME, I WAS THE GUY THAT WOULD CALL YOU AND KEEP YOU ON THE PHONE, FIND YOUR PAIN, RUB SALT IN IT, THEN PAINT A WONDERFUL PICTURE OF HOW IT ALL COULD CHANGE FOR YOU. THEY ARE VERY SLICK, AS I WAS TOO.

DONT BOTHER TRYIN TO WARN EVERYONE ABOUT "IVY CAPITAL" THEY GO BY MANY DIFFERENT NAMES.

DONT BOTHER TRYIN TO GO PAY THEM A VISIT, THEY WONT DISCLOSE THEIR REAL LOCATION. THE ADDRESS THEY GIVE YOU IS NOT WHERE THEY ACTUALLY ARE.

YOU COULD TRY TO PURSUE LEGAL ACTION BUT THEYRE ARE VERY GOOD AT COVERING THEIR [censor] LEGALLY. AFTER ALL, YOURE THE ONE THAT AGREED TO INVEST INTO THEIR "COACHING" OH WAIT, IT WASNT YOUR MONEY, IT WAS "OPM" HAHA LOL SO DECEIVING.
    I KNOW YOU GUYS(IVY) ARE PROBABLY READING THIS, YOU SHOULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE CONVICTION BEING THAT MOST OF YOU THERE ARE "MORMONS"

19th of May, 2010

How would you recommend getting our hard earned money back?????

19th of May, 2010

THAT DEPENDS. ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I WORKED THERE, AND I WASNT A CLOSER. I DONT REMEMBER IF THE CLOSER MENTIONS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT. I DONT REMEMBER IF THE AGREEMENT MENTIONS ANYTHING ABOUT REIMBURSEMENT.
    IM SORRY, BUT THE SAD UGLY TRUTH IS...YOU AGREED, YOU SIGNED UP, YOU BOUGHT "THE DREAM"
    I JUST POSTED A COMMENT BECAUSE I THINK ITS SAD HOW MANY PEOPLE BUY INTO THIS AND ARE MISLEAD. THEN THEY END UP IN THE HOLE. THEY FIND OUT THAT OPM "OTHER PEOPLES MONEY" IS NOT OTHER PEOPLES DEBT!! ITS YOUR DEBT!!

IF I WERE IN YOUR SITUATION I WOULD CALL THEM(HOPEFULLY YOU GOT THE NUMBER AND EXTENSION). BUT DO NOT CALL YELLING, COMPLAINING, CURSING, ETC. THAT WONT GET YOU ANYWHERE.

AS A SIDENOTE - TRY CALLING FROM A DIFFERENT NUMBER. I REMEMBER SEEING CERTAIN NUMBERS AND SAYING "DAMN, THIS GUY IS JUST CALLING TO COMPLAIN", AND YOU GUESSED IT...I WOULDNT ANSWER.

20th of May, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Out $10, 000 and now they want another $1, 700.00 for LLC.

20th of May, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the fees were for signing up? I was told I had 3 choices, $8670, $9525, and $10, 690. I would be interested in knowing what choices all of you had. Sad and Confused.

21st of May, 2010

Lest see the start up fees they told me I had to invest were:
    $5, 015.00-AGGRESSIVE
    $4, 060.00-MODERATE
    $3, 110.00-CONSERVATIVE
    I chose Conservative, since it was all I could afford. I think they go off the total ammount of money you have and make. If they think, based on howmuch money you have in the bank and such that they can get more out of you than what $ amounts I listed, I think they raise the ''Investment Price''.

Basically it's all in what they think they can get, that's why they ask all those personal finacial questions..

21st of May, 2010

Wow, pretty interesdting - I think I will contact my attorney friend. That seems like discrimination to me - charging more for people who have available credit. I'll keep everyone informed. Anyone else have different start up fees?

24th of May, 2010

Dont bother filing a complaint with the [redacted] site. They actually pay them to put a good report up when they can. So as an ex sales person I would actually recommend people to look us up on [redacted].

24th of May, 2010

I tried to go to the [redacted] site, and I found no complaints on Fortune Learning Systems. Should I be going under Ivy Capital? Is that their real name?

24th of May, 2010

Again, dont bother going to [redacted]. They are a rip off site themselves. Ivy capital pays them to take off complaints or write something positive about them. Something like an investigative report. This site however doesnt seem biased.

24th of May, 2010

Will getting an attorney help?

• Co
      31st of May, 2010

In an effort to always make sure all of our clients are taken care of we vigilantly make sure that all outstanding frustrations are resolved. Please feel free to email customercare@icisuccess.com or clientservices@icisuccess.com. We are committed to always resolving all customer concerns and look forward to hearing from you.

1st of Jun, 2010

Lol...shuuuttuuup...haha. "complaint resolver" Put a little effort to sound more convincing. You sound like an automated response.