IVP Smooth-away / Over charged for shipping & handling

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-352-0603

I placed an order with Smooth Away for $14.99 and also for an additional set of pads. I was not informed that I would be charged an additional $6.99 for the second set of pads nor was I was given a final amount to be charged on my account. While checking my account I noticed a charge for $28.97 and realized I did not want to pay that much for the product(s). I have been calling many phone numbers to cancel this order and either I am asked to call back another day when business is slow or they just hang up after telling me that they are busy. Phone numbers called: [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], and[protected] which is the number for a shaver.

Very difficult to contact and actually speak with someone at customer service.

Ernestine Swann

Comments

• Iw
      15th of Jan, 2009

I also placed an order for the smoothaway products, approx. 2 month's ago, and yes the final amount that the sales rep. who sold the product to me over the phone quoted, was not the actual amount they billed me on the credit card (VISA). THEY OVER CHARGED ME, by almost 25 CDN dollars. They sent me a confirmation email saying that the order has been shipped on such and such a day, through UPS. Even receiving a package from the states side shipped ground courier will not take more then 2-3 weeks tops to reach me, this I know. specially through a world wide courier such as UPS. But for some reason nothing has reached me to date aside from a bogus email from them. I called 1-866-655-4341 this is the number that showed up on my credit card statement as an inquiry number for consumers, so I called them, and actually got someone on the phone. He claimed that the order had been shipped. I was fed up at this point and asked for a full refund to my card, surprisingly he told that the refund would be granted and that it would reflect on my end in 2-5 buisness days. I said thank you and hung up. My advice to everyone out there who might be looking to buy the SmoothAway products and perhaps might read this is, if you can find this product in a store and you can "AS SEEN ON TV STORE" their out there, we have one here (I wish I woulda known this before), buy the product that way, DO NOT fall victim and give your credit card info out to these people over the phone because you thought pre-paying for it would be conveinant cause you saw it on one of those late nite tv shows, like I did. I will post again in one week on the matter of the refund regardless if I get it or not. thank you.

19th of Jan, 2009

I also, have the same complaint... I saw this ad in the TV and I want to discourage you for buying this product.
    They overcharge you... they have all the information incorrect. and it's very difficult to get in touch with them.

My order is 69.94 and they want to charge me 51.92 for handling... when they say the shipping and handling will be $6.99.

Please if you are smart don't buy from them.

• Ro
      26th of Jan, 2009

i ordered from a tv ad for 14.99 a couple of months ago and received my item. however today i seen a charge from them for 47.97 for something i never ordred or authorized, now i am battling with my bank to get my money back and stop this company from fraudently debiting my bank. what a nightmare this company is causing me.

• Iw
      26th of Jan, 2009

I received my refund just like the guy said on the phone. Visa confirmed the refund, it only took them 3 or 4 buisness days to reverse.

27th of Jan, 2009

I also ordered this product and was charged over $57. For what I don't know because I refused the pkg, that was 2 weeks ago and don't see a post to my account yet for the product being returned. Just called the 866# and it says to call back later in the week when call volume isn't so high. This is a b.s. scam, and now I'm probably going to be out the $. That really ticks me off!! You know you can get the same thing a Walgreens for $10!!!

• Ra
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Don't buy this product! I ordered Smooth Away from a TV ad. Not only does it not work. I was overcharged. The price was $14.99. When I got my credit card bill, I was charged $60.93. I did call my credit card company and was told to send the products back. There hasn't been enough time to get the results.

• Ju
      12th of Feb, 2009

I also noticed this charge now on my bank accont. This is misleading
    and a fraud. Shut down this infomercial right away !

• Ne
      19th of Feb, 2009

I ordered this product a week and a half ago and was charged about $33.00 and I am still waiting on the product. What I don't understand is why does it take 2 weeks or more to receive something that was suppose to be a rush order. I certainly paid for it!

• Jh
      11th of Aug, 2010

this is the worst product you could ever order online. This is a completely theft they tell you that you will get the product just for 9.99 plus you get the second set for free at the end you end up paying a ridiculus price of 43.96. When I call them first the guy who is supposed to work as an agent for customer service was very rude, 0% of customer service, second he told me that the extra $33.96 was charged for shipping. I could not believed how this people is stealing. Is there something that can stop them for making business taking advantange of people????