Ivory White / Scam and criminal activity!

10310 Suffield CtCharlotte, United States Review updated:
4.9
Phone: 704-547-1311
My son somehow ordered Ivory White by way of being offered free samples. He called tp cancel and they told him he would have to speak to a manger and there was not one available at the time. His bank card was charged $78 in addition to other charges for shipping.

Comments

Wi
  1st of Feb, 2008

Ivory White - Billing checking account!
Golden
Phone: Colorado

My checking account number was sent to this organization improperly by one of my family members. They used the name spiltmlk2003@yahoo.com. On December 21st after receiving a Shipping and Processing fee of $4.97 taken from my account, I agreed to take the loss and approve the payment and cancel the subscription.

Reviewing my account today, I note a a $78 withdrawal from my checking account. In calling Ivory White I was advised they had sent me a supply of the product in addition to the trial sample. He states when I called them to cancel, they told me I had to send the non trial pack back. I vehemently deny I was told this. I ask him if I were notified in writing, he alleges I was given a certain date to return the item and since I had not returned them they billed my account.

Without getting defiant, I explained to him, no one had told me I had gotten an extra or whatever order that cost $78. Did I pay for the shipping of it with my free trial. I would be glad to return the merchandise, but the representative was adamant that they had a right to bill me and not permit me to return the merchandise. The family member responsible took responsibility, was punished, but truthful. I advised the representative I would notify BBB and the call ended.

Someone is not telling the truth, but in essence, I still have the product, Ivory White will not take it back and I feel I canceled in time. There was nothing in the original invoice that was on the e-mail, about anything other than on the trial kit. The invoice or order number 99109 clearly states the quantity was one.
Ju
  7th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Ivory White is a scam. I work for a research company who researches fraudulent and misleading companies. Please call your dentist and ask her to post a warning in their waiting area about this company.
Em
  20th of May, 2008

Ivory White - Trial offer
Phone: 1-800-964-4593
www.ivorywhite.com

I was ordering the trial kit for and unfortunately they charged me for $78.41+ $4.87. Because they conveniently sent me a months worth with the TRIAL KIT I ordered. I called them an spoke to a representative and he did not give me a chance to explain that they did not give this information at all on their site. I read their privacy policy and terms and agreements and nowhere on the site did it give the information on how this "free trial" actually works. That is until you receive your confirmation e-mail. At the top it says to save this information because it has important information about your order. And at the very bottom it tells you how it actually works. Funny how they make you order it first and then tell you how it actually works!! They charged my credit card and made me go over my credit limit, I had to change my credit card number so they wouldn't charge me again!!
Ba
  29th of May, 2008

Ivory White - Billed for &Damage& during Free Trial
6205 Lookout Rd, Unit D
Phone: 1-800-964-4593
www.ivorywhite.com

I ordered trial online. Was charged the $2.87 shipping/handling fees. I cancelled on May 15, within the 10 day trial period by email. I received an email confirmation with the RMA number, and address to where it should be returned and was informed that if the product was returned opened or damaged I would be charged $19.60. I went the very next day to ship the product back and I BOUGHT INSURANCE FOR THE SHIPPING.

I was notified on May 22 that my credit card had been subsequently been charged $19.60 by Ivory White, indicating that the product was received damaged or opened. I called today (May 29) to follow-up on the charge, and was told that the item had been received "crushed". I told the representative that I had bought insurance for the item and that I needed proof that the item had been delivered damaged. She said that she would consult her supervisor (a.k.a. Supervisor-Who-Doesn't-Take-Calls) and the supervisor said that they had already shipped the item out to be repackaged and that they could provide no proof. The representative offered to send me an email "attesting" that the product was received damaged, and I said that I would need at least a letter signed from the supervisor attesting that he witnessed that the product was received damaged.

Representative consulted her supervisor again, and said, "You can request that in writing if you want a letter" and I said to her I wanted to speak to her supervisor. I wanted her supervisor to explain why he was making up a policy that was not included in their 'No Hassle Return Policy' but the representative said, "My supervisor doesn't take calls. The representative that takes calls comes in tomorrow." I asked her to ask her supervisor why he was making up policies that didn't exist and she said she didn't know and she wouldn't ask.

I requested an email testifying to the damaged product, and I requested a phone call be made to me from their supervisor-who-does-take-calls ASAP in order to explain why supervisor-who-doesn't-take-calls is making up policy.

The "No Hassle Return Policy" is a scam--the Returns Department supervisors INVENT policy as they see is convenient and mostly TO PUT OFF CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE MADE LEGITIMATE RETURNS AND WANT GOOD ANSWERS TO WHY THEY'RE BEING CHARGED ANYWAY.

I WILL BE DISPUTING THIS CLAIM WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THROUGH THE POSTAL SERVICE.
Sm
  16th of Jul, 2008
Our terms are located online before you place an order. On the same page where you enter credit card information you have to physically check a box that reads "I have read and agree to the details of this offer by reviewing How The Offer Works." The words "How The Offer Works" are actually a link, which pulls up our full terms. As a courtesy, we also Email them to customers, to insure that they know what they are signing up for. Not only do we provide the information to you before the order is placed, we require agreement to them. I hope this clears up some confusion for you.
Fr
  18th of Jul, 2008
I was just off the phone with Ivory White - very exact scenario that I was in "wow" when I read your story. They also charge me $19.60 for repackaging of a "crushed" return from my free trial. Same story with a "supervisor" who the they cannot provide me a phone number, extension, or email where I can reach him/her. That supervisor is not in the office right now so I cannot be transfered to talk to him/her, only way is to take my phone number down so he/she can call me back when he/she is in the office (when? really! starting to sound like an imaginative supervisor). I also asked them for proof of the crushed package, they refused saying they wouldn't have the proof.

For those of you who have gotten or seen the Ivory package, it's very light and comes in a carton box. If you put it in a standard yello envelop, and toss it around, there's just no way it can be "crushed" to a point that they need $19.60 to repackage it ? This is a scam. Their hassel-free return policy purposedly designed to force a damaged return fee on customer's credit card no matter what.

I didn't keep very well track of my exact dates as well as tracking number for the mail when I return their package (ofcourse, who would have expected this type of scammy business). But I am going to dispure with my credit card company anyways, and see what they can do to help me. Just a simple google search on Ivory White scam or Ivory White complains, you'll see there are more people than you and me getting ripped off by this scammy company. Watch out for them.
Ba
  22nd of Jul, 2008

Ivory White - charged on credit card
Ivorywhite, Inc.
ivorywhite.com

I too signed up for a trial order and received not only the trial but a full supply. I called them and they said that they would credit my credit card back in the amount of $74.41 if I send the unopen box back, which it was unopened. I shipped it back and even bubbled wrapped it. I paid for special postage to assure that they got it and I could check that they received it. Then today I received a email stating the package was damaged and they would charge me $19.60 for restocking fees and for the damage. As a comsumer we are at the mercy of them saying it was damage but I don't know how it could have been damaged but WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP THIS FROM CONTINUING HAPPENING? "The Attorney General" in their state?
Cl
  31st of Jul, 2008

Ivory White - On-Line Scheme

I signed up for a trial offer and also received not only the trial but a full supply. I called them and told them I had not agreed to this. They said that they would credit my credit card back in the amount of $74.41 if I send the unopened box back. I sent back the box, unopened, in a bubble-wrap envelope requesting a signed receipt. Then today I saw a debit of $19.60 from my checking account. When I called they said the box was received opened and damaged. Obviously, this is a scam and fraud. I will be complaining to the Attorney General of my state as well as the Better Business Bureau.

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT!!
Li
  7th of Oct, 2008
ivory white teeth whiteners took 78.41 from my account without mypermission I ordered product and was told it was free and all I had todo was pay postage and they took the money wihtout my knolwedge or permission they are thieves and what is the state going to do about their illegal pratices
linda siler
Li
  7th of Oct, 2008

Ivory White - took monye from my account without permission
ivory white
6205 lookout road
Phone: 800 964 4593
ivorywhite.com

I ordered a free trial of their teeth whitener products all I had to do was pay shipping costs of $2.87 and the products werefree and then I wa shocked to see that $78.41 had been taken from my account without my permission and they will not refund the money the web=site says free product but then we are charged for a free product something needs to be done about these thieves I work hard for my money and dont' want some snot nosed little punks stealing from me I want my money back now!!!
St
  29th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i to was scamed for $78.41 dollors from ivory white.someone needs to go to colorado and put them crooks in jail.i might take a road trip and try to put my foot up someones .ss.
He
  27th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Ivory White is a total rip off. They send you a free trial for only 2.87. No big deal...however when I got my credit card statement they charged me 78.41. This charge was not authorized by me. I called the company to send it back. They said I was no longer eligible to return these products. These people should be ashamed to work for a company like this.
Da
  27th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Easy White is another scam company so beware. Actually I think it's the same scam artists who just use two
different company names to get more victims. I was able to get a credit from my bank for the $78.41, but I'll
believe that when I see it on my statement. I was able to cancel on the web site to stop future monthly charges
but I don't feel safe about these crooks now having my credit card #. Guess I'll have to cancel my card...AHHHHHH!
I suggest everyone contact the web site these crooks are advertising on and insist they remove these ads.
Ci
  12th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was offered the free trial by ivorywhite, it arrived at my house but I was moving so I called them up and asked them the date that it arrived, and how much longer I had on my trial. I told them I had not used the product yet and they said they would give me an extra two weeks to try the product. A couple days after the phone call, I was charged $78 to my debit card, so I called them and asked about it. They said they had a record of my call but it didn't say that they gave me an extension - I even had the new date that they said I had to cancel by!! I talked to the manager and everyone and they said they didn't offer refunds. TOTAL SCAM!!
Ed
  16th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same $80 charges as everyone else, it caused my account to overdraw, since i had no idea the charges were going to happen, and i ended up having to pay a total of $110 for this scam. I offered to give back all the products since they were unused but they said they couldn't give any refunds. These ppl should be forced out of business and made to give everyone their money back.
Ms
  19th of Mar, 2009

Ivory White - FRAUD/FREE IS A LIE
IVORY WHITE
Cape Coral
Florida

ATTENTION!!! THIS "FREE" OFFER IS A FRAUD! THE COMPANY DOES NOT TELL YOU UP FRONT THAT IF YOU OPEN UP THE "FREE" TRIAL PACKAGE OF THEIR PRODUCT YOU CAN NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT WITHOUT BEING CHARGED $20.00 FOR THE ITEM. SO...WHERE DOES THE "FREE" COME IN?? NO WHERE, YOU PAY SHIPPING TO GET IT, CAN'T OPEN IT TO TRY THE PRODUCT BECAUSE IF YOU OPEN IT YOU ARE CHARGED THE $20.00, AND IF YOU DON'T OPEN IT & SEND IT BACK UNOPENED - YOU HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP IT BACK. AS USUAL THE PUBLIC HAS TO "PAY". THIS IS NOT AN HONST COMPANY, SHAME ON THEM AND SHAME ON ME FOR BEING SO STUPID!
Pe
  24th of Mar, 2009
i TOO WAS SCAMMED BY
EASY WHITE ON MY BANK CARE $78.23 IF I SEND THE SAMPLE BACK THEY KEEP 25% RESTALK FEE LOOOOOOOOL WHO IS THE LAUGH ON ALL OF US IDIOTS WHO ORERED THIS SAMPLE
Md
  20th of Apr, 2009
I agree, do not order. The customer service people are rude and unhelpful
Jo