Ivory White / Free trial, not free!

1 6205 Lookout Rd. Unit DBoulder, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 785-548-7665

I signed up for a trial offer of the Ivory White Teeth Whitening System. I was to be charged for shipping for the trial product only. I received the trial offer but also another package. I tried the trial and it burned my gums. I called the company and they explained it was the first of a monthly order and I needed to return the other package. They gave me a number to write on the outside of the package. I also made sure that this was canceled and stressed that no more charges were to be made to my checking account. I returned it the very next day in the original package with the number written in big print. However, my bank statement showed a charge of $78.41. I called and they told me that the package had arrived damaged. This constitutes mail fraud because they should have sent the damaged product back to me or in some way contacted me. I never signed up to have the product shipped to me to begin with. I only ordered the trial sample. Their customer service is very rude. I now have initiated a complaint with the Postal Service, my bank, Colorado's attorney general and anyone else I can think of. I am sending this onto Bill O'Reilly of Fox News. The state of Colorado should be very embarrassed that they have a company like this doing business in their state. It is a fraudulent company and is tricking people in order to scam them out of their bank account information. People beware!!!

Comments

• Cy
      23rd of Feb, 2008
    Ivory White - No product reveived/No refund given
    Phone: 888-823-7837

I ordered the trial kit for the ivory white teeth whitener. I never received the trial kit and then I was charged $78.41 for the full subscription. I never received anything. The company mailed it to the wrong address and now they are refusing to send me a refund. I have filed a complaint with the FTC. They should be shut down for consumber fraud.

• Ba
      25th of Feb, 2008

I was offered a free sample of Ivorywhite and just got my credit bill for 78.41. Called and was told I had 10 days to cancel. Went on line and read policy and no where does it say that. Ask if I could send it back and was told that I would be wasting my time and money because they would not give me my money back.

• Al
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Ivory White - Did not order anything except trial
    6205 Lookout RD STE D
    www.ivorywhite.com

I only ordered a $1.00 trial and was sent 2 boxes and charged 87.41 dollars. I called customer service and they are going to let me send it back but they will still charge me 30.00. Someone needs to put a stop to this outrageous process.

26th of Feb, 2008

I accepted the ivory white trial package and it was indicated that I wouldonly pay for the shipping. I saw today that I was charged $74.81. I called them and was refused a repayment to my bank account. I'm filing a complaint with my bank. WHAT A RIP OFF! I also was told about the second package but did not see anything about receiving a second package in the initial ad because it's not there.

• Ka
      6th of Mar, 2008

I completely agree. I ordered the trial, received the trial and the complete program, which I did not order. Sent it back and was still charged the $79.00. They are a rip off company and make their monies by shipping items that are not ordered and charging innocent people.

I am in the process of challenging the charge, reporting to the BBB, as well as filing a complaint with their corporate owner.

Buyer beware!!!

• Ka
      19th of Mar, 2008

I have not received this product nor do I want this product so please cancel and delete my information from your system. I will be deputing these charges with my bank and I think that this is a very poor way to do business. Your customer service people namely Nicki and Jerry if this is there real names were very rude to me and did not treat me with respect at all. If a customer calls and says they never order nor received this product then you respect the fact that the customer is always right even if they are not quote and cut your loses and move on. Thank you for you time and have a great blessed day!!! /URL removed/ This s link to your fraudulent company and I will be filing a complaint. I want a refund check send to me as soon as possible.

• Ph
      31st of Mar, 2008

God you people are whiney, cant you take responsability for your own stupidity?

• Ph
      31st of Mar, 2008

Packages are sent to the addresses provided online during sign up. If you provide the wrong address it is not the companys fault if you dont receive your package.

16th of Apr, 2008

I dont want the complete program, how do I sent it back and get my money back?

• Je
      22nd of Apr, 2008
    Ivory White - I cancelled and they still charged me again.
    Phone: 8009644593

I returned produce intact and unblemished. I cancelled and no further product was to be shipped and no further charges were to be incurred.

I was issued a refund for the returned product but I found a second charge from the company that was not authorized. They refused to refund the second charge stating it was "unrefundable".

I am out the product and out the money.

2nd of May, 2008

i order the free trial only have to pay for shipping . and they charge my credit card 78.00 dollars i called and complain no help for nobody dont know what to do, contacted the bbb.. need help if anyone has any suggestions

• Mr
      8th of May, 2008

This is what we did to have our money returned. First, call the company to complain, which was unsuccessful, of course (you'll need to have done this for later). Next, return the merchandise, but make sure to have someone at the company sign for it. Either send it registered or certified, I forget which one exactly--it's the one that doesn't require a specific person to sign for it, just someone.

File a fraudelent charge with your bank. It will be unsuccessful. After that, file a claim with your states' attorney general's office. Also, file a claim with the Boulder, CO Better Business Bureau. This is to let the company know you will not give up. I would say file a complaint with the CO attorney general, but it is processed by the BBB (http://www.ago.state.co.us/consprot/BBBContact.cfm)
    After receiving both complaints from 2 states, the company was quick to refund our money to our account.

• St
      12th of Jun, 2008

I signed on for the trial offer and canceled any other deliveries of this crap on the advice of a friend who had gone through something similiar. I got an email saying to send back the other packages for a complete refund of the unused product. I haven't received any other packages yet. But im sure I will just like I'm sure I will have a $78 charge on my card. I called the card company and report suspician of fraud. I haven't got my statement yet, but when I do, I will be pissed off. Can anyone out there offer any other advice on how I should handle this? send it to me in an email.

• Pk
      5th of Aug, 2008

This company is absolutely the worst to deal with. I signed up for the trial offer only. They sent out the trial and the full membership offer. I had to send the full offer back. It took me time and money to send the stuff back. Now the company won't give me credit back because they say it was late by 2 days!! 10 days turnaround!!! ITS a scam because you order the package, it gets sent, and you mail it back all has to occur within 10 days.

nonsense

16th of Oct, 2008
    Ivory White - did not order this was a free gift
    ivory white boulder co
    2608 coppertree rd
    Champaign
    Illinois
    Phone: 2173981642
    pch.com

i could not leave their website for the sweepstakes unless i ordered an item. i took the only free item that they had listed although i do no need the product, they sent me the product and charged it to my credit card, which i have never put on the computer to purchase any item. i do not know how they obtained my credit card number but i will call my cc company to have this charge questioned. this company and pch is in my opinion are SCAMS!!!

• Di
      29th of Oct, 2008
    Ivory White - Charge me for something I didn't order
    Ivory White1
    Phone: 180077233444

Was suppose to send me a sample and deducted $78 out of my account and when I asked for my money back they tried to give me a gas card.

• Su
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Ivory White - free trial not free
    Phone: 1*800-964-4593
    ivorywhite.com

The same as all the others. I agreed to a free trial and ended up being billed for shipments I did not agree to. I was told I could not get a refund and was not allowed to speak to a supervisor. This company is a fraud, BEWARE!!!

• Ri
      14th of Nov, 2008

Got caught by this rip-off. Didn't open package. Will send back with postal receipt and fight charges.

• St
      14th of Jan, 2009
    Ivory White - They took money out of my account
    New York

Ivory white took $78.51 out of my account and i had told them that I did not want their services. I would like my money back and for them to stop stealing my money.

• Al
      11th of Apr, 2009

Ivory White -- Colorado (STOP! ITS A SCAM)

As the old saying goes, nothing is free in life. This company is taking full advantage of a loop hole in the system. I too was lured by the idea I can get brighter teeth in days, and all it would cost me is shipping and handling of $4.87.

THE HOOK, and where I got suckered like most other victims is on the terms and conditions fine print page. Unless you are reading their disclamer thouroughly, you will miss the fine print stating this is a re-occuring charge/fee of $78.41 every time they send a weeks supply of the product.

I called Ivory White to dispute the $78.41 charge, but ofcourse they hid behind their disclamer and only agreed to cxl all future orders.

I then called my credit card company to inquire if there is anything I can do and unfortunately because I agreed to the terms and conditions, there is not much I can do to win this argument.

Its a lesson learned and hope my comments along with the other hundreds of people who are taking time to write down their experience will shut these sorts of businesses down.

Beware, dont get suckered like I have.